Does anyone actually want to come?

Scottish Mag

ITK-tastic but apparently Redknapp would love the job but is concerned about leaving Portsmouth in the right way so don't be surprised if he still comes here now, or at the end of the season.

What do you mean 'in the right way' if there's still a chance he could come now?

You're ITK in anyway reliable? Because I've got money on the droopy faced fucker.

His ITK was first to tell us that Fat Fred was getting his books if memory serves me correct

Which ewerk still didn't believe after it was proven right. :lol: Just what I heard, don't shoot the messenger. My Dad spoke to Pedro's brother yesterday. He's off to Old Trafford with him today so I might hear some more. I was invited but I'm out for a curry with wor lass tonight and frankly, I'd rather watch it on telly and do that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ITK-tastic but apparently Redknapp would love the job but is concerned about leaving Portsmouth in the right way so don't be surprised if he still comes here now, or at the end of the season.

What do you mean 'in the right way' if there's still a chance he could come now?

You're ITK in anyway reliable? Because I've got money on the droopy faced fucker.

His ITK was first to tell us that Fat Fred was getting his books if memory serves me correct

Which ewerk still didn't believe after it was proven right. :lol: Just what I heard, don't shoot the messenger. My Dad spoke to Pedro's brother yesterday. He's off to Old Trafford with him today so I might hear some more. I was invited but I'm out for a curry with wor lass tonight and frankly, I'd rather watch it on telly and do that.

Contrary to the last, that's me. :panic:

Harry: “I gave a speech, only this morning, to the fans, assuring them i was staying at this club and that i certainly wouldn’t be joining Newcastle.”

Jamie: “Well why on earth would you do that?”

Harry: “Why? Ooh, a little word that I think’s important in management called morale.”

Jamie: “Well surely it’s gonna be worse for morale in the long run when you are going to join Newcastle and you’ve told people you won’t be.”

Harry: “...... they won’t remember.”

He said he wouldn't be joining Southampton iirc. Would you rather I kept stuff like this to my self? Wankers like you and ewerk make me wish I'd just pm'ed a few people tbh :lol:

Harry: “I gave a speech, only this morning, to the fans, assuring them i was staying at this club and that i certainly wouldn’t be joining Newcastle.”

Harry: “Why? Ooh, a little word that I think’s important in management called morale.”

Jamie: “Well surely it’s gonna be worse for morale in the long run when you are going to join Newcastle and you’ve told people you won’t be.”

He said he wouldn't be joining Southampton iirc. Would you rather I kept stuff like this to my self? Wankers like you and ewerk make me wish I'd just pm'ed a few people tbh :panic:

So is that why you're a narky cunt? Because I doubted you on the Shepherd story? :lol:

Even Thomas doubted Jesus. Not that you're Jesus like, but y'know.

He said he wouldn't be joining Southampton iirc. Would you rather I kept stuff like this to my self? Wankers like you and ewerk make me wish I'd just pm'ed a few people tbh :panic:

So is that why you're a narky cunt? Because I doubted you on the Shepherd story? :lol:

No. I just think you're a bit of a twat. That's a good example though.

Redknapp just gave a TV interview, pretty convincing. Flatterred by the request, fantastic club, moving would not have been a problem, but he has been treated well by pompey management and fans, has sold the club to players, feels he owes them some loyalty. Poignantly gives the example of Distin who would be a bit miffed as he persuaded him to come to Pompey over us.

ITK good enough to trust that you would put money on this?

Pedro speaking to Jamie R on the phone. Or so I heard :lol:

You can get 25/1 on him now... :panic:

His odds are dropping again. Was 25/1 nearly everywhere when I posted that... :D

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/footba...rmanent-manager

Lets get Mark McGhee! :lol:

Joking aside, after the recent tragedy at Motherwell he won't be going anywhere in the near future IMO. I think he was favourite to get the Scotland job but he won't walk out on Motherwell now.

I agree...

I was actually half serious. The bloke is doing a good job with Motherwell and has 'history' with NUFC on two seperate occassions. I'd warm to him a damned sight more than I would Hughes or McLaren.

I still have that suspicion that it will be Shearer with an experienced old hand to help him out.

Following on from what you were saying Ritchie, the managers we've been able to prise away from other clubs over the last 30 years are:

Arthur Cox (Chesterfield)

Jim Smith (QPR)

Ossie Ardiles (Swindon)

Graeme Souness (Blackburn)

The rest were either internal appointments or men who were out of work at the time.

Yeah yeah I know it's not likely but they really should just pick up the phone and ask Jose how much he wants to do the job, if anal is right and it would only cost 1m to Chelsea to have him during his gardening leave then it has to be money better spent than whatever the compensation for 'arry or Hughes is going to cost us.

Or does anyone else think that the problem could be Ashley doesn't want him because he was sacked for "allegedly" not playing attractive football?

Edited by sammynb

He was 'sacked' because he was getting pissed off with those above him getting their fingers in the footballing side of things and he had no qualms in telling them so.

Agreed though, if we haven't attempted to contact him, then something is wrong. Failure to do so is resignation from those in charge that we're not good enough - a very worrying thought!

He was 'sacked' because he was getting pissed off with those above him getting their fingers in the footballing side of things and he had no qualms in telling them so.

Craig, you know that. Wolfgang knows that. Fuck even crimson knows that (but possibly I don't because I suggest a shit german manager as about my 8th choice instead of Allardyce and Redknapp :lol: )

But we are talking about Ashley, a man who thought take a bung 'arry was the solution to Newcastle's 53 year domestic cup drought.

I've always said that giving people time to think (whether players or managers) about coming to Newcastle is a sign we shouldn't have asked in the first place.

One of my main criteria for someone who I'd love to have would be someone who would stand on a rooftop and scream "I want this fucking job" - whether they've been asked or not. Trivia like salary etc can be sorted later

I might be dreaming but that's my instinctive reaction.

Having said that I wouldn't expect a Mourinho or a Van Gal to come out and do that but I would like to see the reaction if they were asked.

No. I just think you're a bit of a twat. That's a good example though.

Awww diddums, God forbid I should doubt something I read on the internet. Dry your eyes and catch yourself on precious.

Playing Devils Advocate here...

If reports are to be believed in recent years we have been knocked back by the likes of Jol, Bruce, Big Sam, Redknapp, MON etc

People reckon, myself included, that we can surely employ a half decent manager but can we. Whilst there will be arguments that Dalglish, Gullit, Robson etc came with great pedigree the fact is every one of them was out of employment at the time and was it just a case of being the right time for them. The same could be said of Big Sam, Roeder was an internal appointment so that leaves Souness, who was a dead man walking anyway, as the only manager who we have actually managed to attract away from their club.

As I say I know all the factors that should attract people to take over the club, but does it appear that perhaps we are not that attractive as we would hope?

I think some people are scared of the pressure of the job, rather than not actually "wanting" it.

If they think its too big for them, we are better off without, basically.

Any manager with confidence in their ability would and should jump at this job

ITK good enough to trust that you would put money on this?

Pedro speaking to Jamie R on the phone. Or so I heard :lol:

You can get 25/1 on him now... :panic:

1345: Punters seem to be struggling to come to terms with the fact that Harry Redknapp has ruled himself out of the running for the Newcastle job.

"I had no intention of leaving here. The job now is to take this club forward," said Redknapp this morning after deciding to reject Newcastle approach and stay with Portsmouth.

He added: "I'm very ambitious, football is my life but my ambitions are all for Portsmouth."

Redknapp was shunted out to 33/1 in places following the news but bet365 have since been forced to trim the odds back into 8/1 and he's only trading at 10/1 with Blue Square, 11/1 with Paddy Power and 12/1 at Stan James.

I've always said that giving people time to think (whether players or managers) about coming to Newcastle is a sign we shouldn't have asked in the first place.

One of my main criteria for someone who I'd love to have would be someone who would stand on a rooftop and scream "I want this fucking job" - whether they've been asked or not. Trivia like salary etc can be sorted later

Having said that I wouldn't expect a Mourinho or a Van Gal to come out and do that but I would like to see the reaction if they were asked.

The problem is that is only Bobby Robson (who really is too old and ill now :lol:) and maybe a few managers the really aren't "good enough".

The problem is that is only Bobby Robson (who really is too old and ill now :lol:) and maybe a few managers the really aren't "good enough".

Fop, are you going for Leazes record of the number of times you can repeat the same thought in different posts? No one is good enough for this club, we get it.

The Robson who turned us down once and was holding out for a better salary the next time. Not NJS dream candidate either tbh...

The Robson who turned us down once and was holding out for a better salary the next time. Not NJS dream candidate either tbh...

Wanted to take the England job for a second time while he was here too. Part-time like.

The problem is that is only Bobby Robson (who really is too old and ill now :panic:) and maybe a few managers the really aren't "good enough".

Fop, are you going for Leazes record of the number of times you can repeat the same thought in different posts? No one is good enough for this club, we get it.

Clearly you don't. :lol:

The best managers have huge self confidence and want to prove they are the best. Now that FS and all his baggage has gone any manager would love to be able to claim they were the one who was good enough to solve the Newcastle problem. Added to the stadium the huge crowds and the amount we pay I dont think we will have a problem attracting the caliber of manager we desire.

Lets just see if Asley/Mort have the vision and persuasive powers to make it happen

Rednapp it seems was in a gnats pube of joining and look how easy his life is at the moment. Added to the fact he is 60. I guarantee he will regret his decision when he finishes his career as well. Now he will never know if he was good enough

The best managers have huge self confidence and want to prove they are the best. Now that FS and all his baggage has gone any manager would love to be able to claim they were the one who was good enough to solve the Newcastle problem. Added to the stadium the huge crowds and the amount we pay I dont think we will have a problem attracting the caliber of manager we desire.

Lets just see if Asley/Mort have the vision and persuasive powers to make it happen

Rednapp it seems was in a gnats pube of joining and look how easy his life is at the moment. Added to the fact he is 60. I guarantee he will regret his decision when he finishes his career as well. Now he will never know if he was good enough

I could understand that if it weren't for the fact that Pompey are a win away from 6th even after only winning 2 home games so far this season. Added to rejections from Bruce, O'Neil and Hughes maybe, all most likely ambitious managers.