NUFC vs Bolton Wanderers

@yourservice

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back in.

From the game a few things became very apparent.

Rozenhal is not a midfielder.

Shola despite this being his chance to prove, looked as lazy as ever.

Carr looked better and was pulling out wide stretching the game as we should to create more space.

Bolton came for a draw with 9 men behind the ball all of the time.

Some of our fans are fucking pathetic expecting change after one training session.

Some twats in the leazes today, someone threw a cup of tea/coffee/bovril in frustration and it sailed over head and hit someone down below behind the goal. Not the usuals who sit there (that threw it).

Ref was shite.

Some twats in the leazes today, someone threw a cup of tea/coffee/bovril in frustration and it sailed over head and hit someone down below behind the goal. Not the usuals who sit there (that threw it).

Nowt wrong with that.

Carr looked better and was pulling out wide stretching the game as we should to create more space.

Some of our fans are fucking pathetic expecting change after one training session.

Ref was shite.

Good observations, except for the flying beverage which I didn't see.

Ref was shite.

Even though it was you who threw it? :lol:

Ref was shite.

I'd have to have a fucking good arm on me to hit the Leazes from my seat in Milburn L7. :lol:

Ref was shite.

I'd have to have a fucking good arm on me to hit the Leazes from my seat in Milburn L7. :lol:

Arm of the tiger tbf.

Ref was shite.

Arm of the tiger tbf.

Keegan's just been on the phone and appointed me the new throw-in taker. ;)

Ref was shite.

I'd have to have a fucking good arm on me to hit the Leazes from my seat in Milburn L7. ;)

Arm of the tiger tbf.

Keegan's just been on the phone and appointed me the new throw-in taker. :D

That's a lie Jill! As Keegan used to just get whoever was closest to take the throw-ins to keep momentum going. :lol:

Ref was shite.

Arm of the tiger tbf.

Keegan's just been on the phone and appointed me the new throw-in taker. ;)

The Miami Dolphins might come in with a better offer.

Just got back in.

Ref was shite.

I was wondering what had happened as everyone around me was looking back and up at the stand as if something had been going on.

I thought it was worth stickign Rozenhal there as he'splayed there often enough in France but he wasted the ball pretty much the whole game barring one excellent pass out wide, but Keegan wasn't left with much else available.

Agree Shola was a waste of time today, offered nothing really except his usual scuffed shot when in a decent position and i thought he should have been subbed not long into the secodn half.

Bolton came, put 10 men behind the ball and spoiled the game from the first moment, but they had to really and it was up to us to break them down and we never managed it sadly.

And the ref as usual unlike fans up and down the country doesnt seem to realise Kevin Davies entire game is to back into you then dive and yet he gets a stream of freekicks for it. Also the fact they left their foot in after the ball was gone on nearly every tackle seemed to pass him by. And i'd love him to explain how 5 substitutions (30 secs have to be added for each sub) and 3 of their players at least going down "injured" equates to 2 mins added time. But it was our fault we didn't win, i don't think their keeper made one save to be honest.

And i'm sick of seeing us give teams like Bolton the ball back when they do this shit. They aren't injured, they're cheating to waste time so keep the fucking ball and stick it in the back of their net and see how many more of the arseholes feign injury after that.

That's a lie Jill! As Keegan used to just get whoever was closest to take the throw-ins to keep momentum going. :lol:

New tactics for 2008, adidas boy. Get with the program. ;)

:lol:

Just got back in.

Ref was shite.

I was wondering what had happened as everyone around me was looking back and up at the stand as if something had been going on.

I thought it was worth stickign Rozenhal there as he'splayed there often enough in France but he wasted the ball pretty much the whole game barring one excellent pass out wide, but Keegan wasn't left with much else available.

Agree Shola was a waste of time today, offered nothing really except his usual scuffed shot when in a decent position and i thought he should have been subbed not long into the secodn half.

Bolton came, put 10 men behind the ball and spoiled the game from the first moment, but they had to really and it was up to us to break them down and we never managed it sadly.

And the ref as usual unlike fans up and down the country doesnt seem to realise Kevin Davies entire game is to back into you then dive and yet he gets a stream of freekicks for it. Also the fact they left their foot in after the ball was gone on nearly every tackle seemed to pass him by. And i'd love him to explain how 5 substitutions (30 secs have to be added for each sub) and 3 of their players at least going down "injured" equates to 2 mins added time. But it was our fault we didn't win, i don't think their keeper made one save to be honest.

And i'm sick of seeing us give teams like Bolton the ball back when they do this shit. They aren't injured, they're cheating to waste time so keep the fucking ball and stick it in the back of their net and see how many more of the arseholes feign injury after that.

I'd go with that. :lol::

Just got back in.

Ref was shite.

Agree with the bit in bold especially. It really is a fucking piss-take. The referee was appaling today mind, which didn't really help matters

Dont get me wrong, I know KK had no option but to play Roz in m/f. I said before the game that was the only option he really had. But, he was poor there. Though we do have some players coming back now. Smith for midfield eh. whoop :lol:

I disagree in Shola though. There was a point where we broke and either Zog or Duff managed to break down the left. Shola was doing a walk/jog from midfield to catch up. For me, in this game more than any other, he should have been busting a gut to prove a point and I dont think he done that at all.

I had a £10 accumulator on Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Celtic, Rangers......and Newcastle.

I NEVER bet on Newcastle for a reason! Why did I let my heart rule my head.

Should have been £150 up. :lol:

Anyway, I reckon we shit them and look an infinitely better team. The midfield just never looked up to the task yesterday, but we all knew they weren't already.

As Newcastle had come out of the tunnel, the crowd had almost counted the players aloud and when the 10th, James Milner, was followed by the last, Stephen Carr, the roar grew. Keegan waited and then suddenly he was grinning in the face of a raucous clamour. The mood was soon to change and for much of the match the most voluble section of the stadium was that occupied by the visiting fans. "Stand up for the Wanderers," they chanted. "Ssssh!" and then: "Keegan out!"

I was pretty well lubricated, but this isn't how I recall it. Up in the Leazes we stood for the whole game and sang throughout and hardly heard a peep from Bolton. I did hear the "Keegan out" chant, but that was all.

Anyway, I reckon we shit them and look an infinitely better team. The midfield just never looked up to the task yesterday, but we all knew they weren't already.

More quality from the midfield (not really their fault) or maybe Martins pace up front (even with Owen - not necessarily instead of) and we'd have won that I think.

Hard to beat a team that have come for a draw and maybe nick a goal on set piece at the best of times, never mind with a threadbare squad and 2 days training.