Geordies stuck in the land of 1996

Scottish Mag

During the original 'Entertainers' period we were often told we were everyone's second favourite team and the press loved Keegan because they knew he was good value and sold more papers.

How come everyone is so bitter and cynical this time?

Probably because of all the shit in between? The soap opera that has been NUFC? FF, who made us look a joke, managers coming and going, not to mention certain players who have made the front pages of the papers rather than the back? Its been a bloody circus! Seeing it from a 'Southern' perspective people are fed up with all the hype and sick of hearing about us, we were only people's second favourite team because we nearly stopped Man U in their tracks, just like Chelski were for awhile.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During the original 'Entertainers' period we were often told we were everyone's second favourite team and the press loved Keegan because they knew he was good value and sold more papers.

Probably because of all the shit in between? The soap opera that has been NUFC? FF, who made us look a joke, managers coming and going, not to mention certain players who have made the front pages of the papers rather than the back? Its been a bloody circus! Seeing it from a 'Southern' perspective people are fed up with all the hype and sick of hearing about us, we were only people's second favourite team because we nearly stopped Man U in their tracks, just like Chelski were for awhile.

Erm. .shouldn't you be at the theatre?

:lol:

Erm. .shouldn't you be at the theatre?

There are far more Histrionics following NUFC!!

Edited by Toonraider

We were plucky underdogs first time around.

Now we're spoilt brats.

Aye, proper trophy-out-of-pram stuff.

I know where you're coming from btw, but the media can fuck off on this one. Spoilt we are not.

I am pissed off with the expert pundits and journalists as much as any of you - it boils my piss that just because keegan bigs the club up we all get tarred with the delusional brush - however it is standard journalism in this country - they create and then destroy - happens all the time in every walk of life - i am looking forward to it dying down in a week or two and then maybe we can let kev get on with it and make some progress.

Now we're spoilt brats.

I know where you're coming from btw, but the media can fuck off on this one. Spoilt we are not.

I'm not saying I agree with either of those labels, but it's demonstrably the consensus view.

Aye spoilt suggests you have been given what you want after shouting for it. I dont see no trophy? More like abused.....

You don't have to win trophies to become spoiled though. You don't need to have lottery winning parents to be a spoiled kid.

Now we're spoilt brats.

I'm not saying I agree with either of those labels, but it's demonstrably the consensus view.

No I know mate...or at least I thought that's what you'd meant.

Agreed that's how we're viewed now. I actually find it insulting tbh. By highlighting the fans 'behaviour' it's tantamount to saying that Liverpool/Man U/Arsenal fans would have sat and watched patiently, fingers on lips through ten years of zero trophies and absolutely horrific stewardship of their club. If it was any of these clubs it would be media sympathy with them for sticking with the club (if not individual managers) through an unacceptable barren spell in their glorious history. That's why it's utter bullshit for me.

No the difference is we're castigated because it's seen as us having ideas above our station. Well they can fuck off tbh, there's nowt wrong with wanting better for your club, and in any event, the unrest of the past few years has been the product of (if not entirely vented upon) the chairman-and if anyone from the media or elsewhere wants to tell me that he deserved more time/patience/whatever then it's them thats fucking deluded. Bottom line.

I have very very modest ambitions under KK, which stretch as far as us starting to attract a better quality of player again (which will be an achievement in itself) and taking it from there.

Now we're spoilt brats.

Agreed that's how we're viewed now. I actually find it insulting tbh. By highlighting the fans 'behaviour' it's tantamount to saying that Liverpool/Man U/Arsenal fans would have sat and watched patiently, fingers on lips through ten years of zero trophies and absolutely horrific stewardship of their club. If it was any of these clubs it would be media sympathy with them for sticking with the club (if not individual managers) through an unacceptable barren spell in their glorious history. That's why it's utter bullshit for me.

No the difference is we're castigated because it's seen as us having ideas above our station. Well they can fuck off tbh, there's nowt wrong with wanting better for your club, and in any event, the unrest of the past few years has been the product of (if not entirely vented upon) the chairman-and if anyone from the media or elsewhere wants to tell me that he deserved more time/patience/whatever then it's them thats fucking deluded. Bottom line.

I have very very modest ambitions under KK, which stretch as far as us starting to attract a better quality of player again (which will be an achievement in itself) and taking it from there.

Now we're spoilt brats.

+1

KK and the fans view - Theres a lot of work to be done, hopefully we can have a go in the cups and try to improve

The rest of the world - Newcastle expect to win every match six nil overnight, they are deluded.

Now we're spoilt brats.

+1

+1

:lol:Keegans comment about southerners going to the theater has really touched a raw nerve with the fuckers.

It's class how we're the impatient ones despite saying we'll give Keegan time yet the media are already making him out to be a total failure you'd think Bolton beat us 7-0

Nail on head. I noticed they'd mentioned that in a couple of todays papers....well done KK :lol:

You see what makes me annoyed is the drip-drip negativity aimed at this appointment.

We shouldn't have gone back.

The games moved on.

Keegan will run away.

Wev've won fuck all.

Maybe it's all true but the thing is: what was so great about the alternatives? Alan Shearer might be good he might not. Mark Hughes' team are functional but they wouldn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Keegan's previous team.

The truth is with anyone else it would be a gamble and the list of big name failures over the last few years is testament to that. Given the funds and time at least we know Keegan will buid a decent team playing football the right way, and right now that's enough reason to be happy. If people outside of Newcastle don't agree, fine - take your opinion and fuck off thanks - and have a nice day.

:lol:Keegans comment about southerners going to the theater has really touched a raw nerve with the fuckers.

It's class how we're the impatient ones despite saying we'll give Keegan time yet the media are already making him out to be a total failure you'd think Bolton beat us 7-0

Nail on head. I noticed they'd mentioned that in a couple of todays papers....well done KK :lol:

a superb comment. I smiled when I heard the laughter, then the pause when they all realised he meant what he said.

All these journos and particular the cockney media constantly amuse me with what a pathetic bunch of tossers they are. They spend their whole time claimign we aren't a big club that we are above ourselves and have far too high expectations yet they give us more coverage than any club bar manu. If we arent big they wouldnt care and wouldnt concern themsleves with us at all since weve won nowt as they cant help but mention all the time.

Also agree with people that the theatre comment has really got under their skin, especially the fact he basically meant it!

I hope we spend uber millions on 3 or 4 world class players, finish in the top 6 and have the media whores crying into their papers when we get our season ticket waiting list back and sky are up our arses for all the best games!

I take it they aren't going to be trophy signings any more then

I hope we spend uber millions on 3 or 4 world class players, finish in the top 6 and have the media whores crying into their papers when we get our season ticket waiting list back and sky are up our arses for all the best games!

Like Keegan?

Like Keegan?

I am pleased the only "trophy" signing you can think of happens to be pre-1992. Actually I can tell you that Peter Withe was also a player bought by a shit board to disguise the fact that they had zero ambition and hence a big name signing convinced the massive support of 20,000 - all of whom loved the toon and would support them forever [what about the other 30,000].

My point, as I'm sure most people will grasp, unless they decide not to grasp it, is that it appears that the days we bought any half decent quality and called him a "trophy player" now seem to be over. Henceforth they will be known as quality footballers instead of trophy footballers.

Strange. Very Strange.

Edited by LeazesMag

The specky bindipping scouse cunt. Journalists are nearly all cunts to a man, they are all highly driven, with huge ego's. The thing is most of them have never played the game, and a majority of them appear to know fuck all about the game. Journalism to me should be someone writing an account of events, a match, a signing, a post match press conference. More and more all we get are opinions from people we don't respect, who have a great deal of influence over the dense public at large. It's like they're falling over themselves to be as obtuse as possible to sell papers, especially when their writing about us. Their opinions are no more valid than any of yours (apart from Sima and J69), so fuck them, and turn the other cheek. At the end of the day we're newsworthy, are Tottenham? Are Everton? Are Man City? At least we exist, as Eric once said.