Joey Barton

Big TRon

Not having seen much of him before he came here, I was surprised how sluggish he looked. He seems to do a lot of the good things which midfielder should do but just not quite well enough...apart from being a dickhead which he's excelled at so far.

Is there a player in there or is it just hype?

I remember Keegan saying once that Barton took some managing ie like Bellamy for instance, but he was worth the effort.

Which is what good managers ought to do.

I fail to see what being a nob has any relevance to if he performs. If you disagree, then you will sharp change your mind if he scored the winner in the FA Cup Final, or alternatively you could give your ticket away on a matter of principle because a scumbag is playing for the toon.

Yes, I think I know the answer to this particular scenario .........

Pretty much the same thing as those who objected to, and still bare the scars of being called mugs for buying shirts for 40 quid for instance. How many of them felt so strongly they gave up their tickets for the 1998 Cup Final ?

Either hypocrites, or clearly not half so mortally offended as they make out.

What a shame that those upstanding gentlemen that ran the club for decades prior to the scumbags didn't get anywhere near matching the performance of the club. ;)

I remember Keegan saying once that Barton took some managing ie like Bellamy for instance, but he was worth the effort.

I fail to see what being a nob has any relevance to if he performs. If you disagree, then you will sharp change your mind if he scored the winner in the FA Cup Final, or alternatively you could give your ticket away on a matter of principle because a scumbag is playing for the toon.

Pretty much the same thing as those who objected to, and still bare the scars of being called mugs for buying shirts for 40 quid for instance. How many of them felt so strongly they gave up their tickets for the 1998 Cup Final ?

What a shame that those upstanding gentlemen that ran the club for decades prior to the scumbags didn't get anywhere near matching the performance of the club. ;)

So which abilities of Barton do you admire and would you recommend? Football-wise.

So which abilities of Barton do you admire and would you recommend? Football-wise.

I don't think you can read. I said that Keegan rated him

I don't seem to recall Keegan saying that.There again I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as you.Would you be good enough to give a reference to the said quote by Mr Keegan.

Thank You

i.e., e.g., for instance, coincidentally and purely as an example, eh Leazes? ;)

I don't seem to recall Keegan saying that.There again I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as you.Would you be good enough to give a reference to the said quote by Mr Keegan.

Thank You

Sorry. I haven't got time or inclination to do anything like looking for that, but I remember it, and I'm not particularly bothered if you don't believe me, although I don't see why you shouldn't.

i.e., e.g., for instance, coincidentally and purely as an example, eh Leazes? ;)

Keegan's master plan is to get Bellamy and Barton to mate (using Terry Mac as the facilitator), thereby producing the world's greatest player ever!™ :razz:

Keegan's master plan is to get Bellamy and Barton to mate (using Terry Mac as the facilitator), thereby producing the world's greatest player ever!™ :razz:

Bellaton?

Bellaton?

Barmy tbh.

:icon_lol::D