Dennis Wise quits Leeds to sign up for Newcastle revolution

Scottish Mag

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for LM's post. Prob about DOF or summat.

;)

we won't mention the absolutely stupid post you made a week ago condemning scousers for slating their board for the crime of backing their manager

As ironic and dumb as anything I've ever found anywhere

;)

we won't mention the absolutely stupid post you made a week ago condemning scousers for slating their board for the crime of backing their manager

What are you on about? Yes I had a go at them for protesting against a board that has financially backed their manager, what's wrong with that? What's the difference between me saying that and you defending Shepherd on the basis that he backed his managers?

;)

What are you on about? Yes I had a go at them for protesting against a board that has financially backed their manager, what's wrong with that? What's the difference between me saying that and you defending Shepherd on the basis that he backed his managers?

Tbf those two yanks are well on the way to fucking up the club.

They'll be borrowing money soon to prop up the ailing ice hockey side and one guess where that is going to come from.

Jesus, how many of you were born with silver spoons in your gobs?

Isn't this what we've been dying for since Shepherd took over? Real structure, a proper management setup, backroom staff, competent owners, etc?

I'm all for this move forward, I think a Madrid scout taking over as technical director can be nothing but good, he's highly-rated and as you can read in the article we appear to be looking toward a proper academy. I really don't care how short Wise is, or what he did as a player, unlike Barton who he is being compared to he's actually proven himself in his field and his work at Leeds has held them together.

Isn't this what Leazes calls "planning?" We researched a candidate for a management position weeks before appointing him. We are building a dynasty here and if KK is to be the figurehead I think we could have worse figureheads.

No good having a scout employed as a "technical director" if the players he recommends are shite. I also fail to see the merit in calling a youth policy/training facilities etc an "academy". Load of bollocks.

I also don't care how short Wise is, or who he played for, if he does a good job for the club. I also don't give a flying fuck what his fancy title is, so long as he does the job that Keegan wants him to do.

As for "planning", you would think the way people go on about this "planning" malarky, that nobody else has a "plan". Fact is, everybody has a "plan". The "plan" is to be successful. End of story and thats all there is to it, and we are competing against other clubs who have "plans", and over the last decade our "plan" has been more successful than most. If you accept results you will accept this, however if you prefer to make things up to justify some sort of "opinion" based on personalities, then I can't help you.

Isn't this what we've been dying for since Shepherd took over? Real structure, a proper management setup, backroom staff, competent owners, etc?

I'm all for this move forward, I think a Madrid scout taking over as technical director can be nothing but good, he's highly-rated and as you can read in the article we appear to be looking toward a proper academy. I really don't care how short Wise is, or what he did as a player, unlike Barton who he is being compared to he's actually proven himself in his field and his work at Leeds has held them together.

Isn't this what Leazes calls "planning?" We researched a candidate for a management position weeks before appointing him. We are building a dynasty here and if KK is to be the figurehead I think we could have worse figureheads.

No good having a scout employed as a "technical director" if the players he recommends are shite. I also fail to see the merit in calling a youth policy/training facilities etc an "academy". Load of bollocks.

I also don't care how short Wise is, or who he played for, if he does a good job for the club. I also don't give a flying fuck what his fancy title is, so long as he does the job that Keegan wants him to do.

As for "planning", you would think the way people go on about this "planning" malarky, that nobody else has a "plan". Fact is, everybody has a "plan". The "plan" is to be successful. End of story and thats all there is to it, and we are competing against other clubs who have "plans", and over the last decade our "plan" has been more successful than most. If you accept results you will accept this, however if you prefer to make things up to justify some sort of "opinion" based on personalities, then I can't help you.

That post is almost perfected another couple of years and you'll have it just right. ;)

;)

They'll be borrowing money soon to prop up the ailing ice hockey side and one guess where that is going to come from.

Well, just for those who condemned the old board for the "debts" at the club, who read the article over the weekend that showed the top 4 clubs ie Chelsea, manure, Liverpool and Arsenal, currently have debts of approx 1.5 billion quid.

Terrible job they are doing there, eh ? :D

Nowt like a good cliche spun by people without a mind of their own.......... :D

;)

They've provided money for the manager and for the new ground which seem to be pretty big gestures imo, yes Hick's comments about Klinsmann certainly weren't clever but tbh I reckon Benitez is overrated and they could do better.

The issue of transferring part of their debt to the club has also been overblown, it's much less than Man U took on when Glazer took over and they're still one of the most financially successful clubs in the world.

That post is almost perfected another couple of years and you'll have it just right. ;)

Quite amazing how many times you have to repeat the blatantly obvious isn't it.

:D

Well, just for those who condemned the old board for the "debts" at the club, who read the article over the weekend that showed the top 4 clubs ie Chelsea, manure, Liverpool and Arsenal, currently have debts of approx 1.5 billion quid.

Nowt like a good cliche spun by people without a mind of their own.......... B)

The Liv debt restructuring was touch and go by all accounts.

£350m debt with payment terms of £20m or so a year.

So all we need is for them to miss out on the CL this year and the fun will really begin. ;)

;)

The difference is those top 4 clubs have CL football and can finance those levels of debt and have them properly structured. We most likely could not have continued too much longer with our levels of debt and a lack of European football.

;)

............. your point being that morons slate boards who back their managers, if I remember correctly .........

;)

The difference is those top 4 clubs have CL football and can finance those levels of debt and have them properly structured. We most likely could not have continued too much longer with our levels of debt and a lack of European football.

For now, for now. We expanded our stadium on the basis that we were in a position where we had ambition to continue playing in europe, and the Champions League. Which we did. Good management or bad ? Or is it your misrepresentation of the old board because they called you nasty names for spending 40 quid on football tops that makes it different ?

Must admit like, I wouldn't spend 40 quid on a football top that would be out of fashion 12 months later...........

So all we need is for them to miss out on the CL this year and the fun will really begin. ;)

but are they fat bastards who eat all the pies :panic:

Can all these pro Wise people please fuck off and die!

This is Dennis fucking Wise we are talking about, and he's the general manager of Newcastle United.

Now in my view a position like this warrants a Bobby Robson-esque figurehead, someone who has huge experience, broad knowledge of the world game. Not a cockney wanker whose only experience is in the lower (shit) leagues.

It's a big fucking mistake this imo, I am happy to be proven wrong but fucking hell man I cant see it.

;)

They've provided money for the manager and for the new ground which seem to be pretty big gestures imo, yes Hick's comments about Klinsmann certainly weren't clever but tbh I reckon Benitez is overrated and they could do better.

The issue of transferring part of their debt to the club has also been overblown, it's much less than Man U took on when Glazer took over and they're still one of the most financially successful clubs in the world.

Basically, undermining their manager, which blows a hole a mile wide in comments from numerous people that our old board were the only board in the world who did this sort of thing........I mean, Liverpool have won trophies too, how can this be possible with such a shite board who undermine their manager

This is Dennis fucking Wise we are talking about, and he's the general manager of Newcastle United.

Now in my view a position like this warrants a Bobby Robson-esque figurehead, someone who has huge experience, broad knowledge of the world game. Not a cockney wanker whose only experience is in the lower (shit) leagues.

It's a big fucking mistake this imo, I am happy to be proven wrong but fucking hell man I cant see it.

not my favourite person either SMO but IF its Keegans choice, then back him is my view.

There's only £105m been placed onto the club though, the rest has been guaranteed by the owners.

Tbh I'm undecided as to whether they're cunts or not, I'm not 100% sure what's normal business practice in these situations but I can't see them having done too much wrong.

............. your point being that morons slate boards who back their managers, if I remember correctly .........

And no one accused Freddy of not backing the manager, it was all the other shite that people had a problem with.

Anyway I'm done discussing the old board, I'm not getting into a Shepherd shag/slagfest with you.

not my favourite person either SMO but IF its Keegans choice, then back him is my view.

Morts and Ashleys tbh

And no one accused Freddy of not backing the manager, it was all the other shite that people had a problem with.

Anyway I'm done discussing the old board, I'm not getting into a Shepherd shag/slagfest with you.

and the scousers are harping on about "other shite" ? while missing the most important and relevant bit ?

I don't expect you to get it, tbh, as you don't have a mind of your own and your head is firmly up your arse accordingly if you don't.

Egg and bacon

Egg, sausage and bacon

Egg and plan

Egg, bacon and plan

Egg, bacon, sausage and plan

plan, bacon, sausage and plan

plan, egg, plan, plan, bacon and plan

plan, plan, plan, egg, and plan

plan, plan, plan, plan, plan, plan, baked beans, plan, plan, plan and plan

Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and plan

plan, sausage, plan, plan, plan, bacon, plan, tomato and plan