Dennis Wise quits Leeds to sign up for Newcastle revolution

Scottish Mag

Aye responsible for servicing the debt, but Hicks and Gillett have guaranteed two thirds of the debt so if the club defaults then it's those two who are personally liable for the majority of the debt, not the club.

Unless they have a holding company in the U.K. Liv won't be able to get a penny from them if it came to it.

Liverpool wouldn't see a penny of what? They're only liable for £105m, anything after that is the responsibility of the yanks and I'm pretty sure the banks would be interested in chasing them up for that.

Kop holdings is servicing the £245m ie The football club. (Article above).

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some, especially the media, are reading too much into all this talk of "Director of Football".

Ashley (allegedly) from Day 1 spoke of wanting to turn the club into a brand name worldwide, it appears to me that the new trio will be responsible for doing just that. Whilst alot of supporters do not like to think of their club as a business, unfortunately it is. Much like Charltons overseas link ups http://www.charlton-athletic.co.uk/Overseas1.ink , which Vetere was a key player in, surely it can only be a good thing as we are looking to not only attempt to get some of the best talent from overseas whilst building the Newcastle brand, which of course will help us not only financially but may help to attract players from abroad.

As long as KK is ok with all of this and there is no interference with his plans or the first team I have no problem with it as it seems like we are actually trying to build a club, that is structured well from top to bottom as well as looking to improve the club (as a business) financially, as regardless of how many millions Ashley has the club has to bring money in to continue to grow.

The quickest and easiest way of building us as a brand across Europe would have been to hire a crack European manager who would attract by reputation alone top Euro based players. Notwithstanding his backroom of scouts etc...

However I will say these baby steps are in the right direction and I am fairly positive about it.

Aye responsible for servicing the debt, but Hicks and Gillett have guaranteed two thirds of the debt so if the club defaults then it's those two who are personally liable for the majority of the debt, not the club.

Unless they have a holding company in the U.K. Liv won't be able to get a penny from them if it came to it.

Liverpool wouldn't see a penny of what? They're only liable for £105m, anything after that is the responsibility of the yanks and I'm pretty sure the banks would be interested in chasing them up for that.

Yeah, they're servicing i.e. paying the debt, but they're not liable for all of it.

Yeah, they're servicing i.e. paying the debt, but they're not liable for all of it.

The total debt package is around £350m but yes Kop H are servicing £245m of it.

Still a fuck load of debt for a football business.

Look, his pal at Spurs has said 'we've got a Director of football Mike, it's GREAT, why don't you get one?' 'Ok' says Mike 'but I want a funny one, like a midget or something.'

Aye, I knocked it back, too much charity work on just now. Did you not get a call?

This is fascinating stuff.

Aye man. I love that to now have a true grasp of the game being a fan you need a degree in finance or something. :D

I'll bet one thing the true figures are far worse. ;)

Man U are getting shafted as well.

Thank the lord for MA. :D

Look, his pal at Spurs has said 'we've got a Director of football Mike, it's GREAT, why don't you get one?' 'Ok' says Mike 'but I want a funny one, like a midget or something.'

Aye, I knocked it back, too much charity work on just now. Did you not get a call?

Aye, but I couldn't reach the phone.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2248462,00.html

Keegan nonplussed as Wise joins Magpies

Louise Taylor

Tuesday January 29, 2008

The Guardian

Dennis Wise will oversee transfers, youth development and scouting in his new position at Newcastle. Photograph: Jamie McDonald/Getty

The strength of Kevin Keegan's relationship with Newcastle United's board faces its first potential test today when Dennis Wise's appointment as a "super executive" at the club will be confirmed. Wise last night exchanged his tracksuit and life as manager of Leeds United for a suit and a new role stalking the corridors of St James' Park.

The former Chelsea and England midfielder resigned from his job at Elland Road yesterday and will be formally announced as a modern-day version of what once would have been termed Newcastle's "general manager" this morning. Although the 41-year-old will have no direct involvement with Keegan's first team squad - "that's Kevin's kingdom", a senior club source confirmed last night - Wise can expect to be in overall charge of transfers, youth development and scouting. It is understood he will earn £1.5m a year, tripling his salary, and Newcastle have promised to make two more appointments at executive level.

;)

Edited by Park Life

Club Confirms Senior Appointments

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the Club, were that the Club would benefit from having a football person involved at Board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a Board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

From that article:

Having led Leeds, who began the season with a 15-point deduction for financial irregularities, into contention for promotion from League One, Wise's defection appears bizarre at first glance. However, his 15-month reign at Elland Road has been scarred by several fall-outs with players, initial abuse from supporters and relegation from the Championship last season.

;)

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

That's for the "KK being kept in dark", "first real test" etc bullshit ;)

Two things here:

1. Wise is being held up as some kind of misunderstood intellectual

2. Chartlon are being hailed as an international branding success

Now, Wise may be a deep thinker, we will probably never find out (much like 'can dogs sense the passing of time?'). But as far as I can see, the sum of Charlton's international branding effort is to run coaches into Kent stealing fans from Gillingham. In case anyone forgets, we've had spivs talking up the Toon to foreigners for years now, it hasn't exactly produced a feel good factor yet.

Two things here:

Now, Wise may be a deep thinker, we will probably never find out (much like 'can dogs sense the passing of time?'). But as far as I can see, the sum of Charlton's international branding effort is to run coaches into Kent stealing fans from Gillingham. In case anyone forgets, we've had spivs talking up the Toon to foreigners for years now, it hasn't exactly produced a feel good factor yet.

1. No he isn't.

2. No they're not.

Two things here:

1. No he isn't.

2. No they're not.

Poor Rico. You beat him senseless every time he posts. ;)

not sure how good a job he can do with the acadmey if he's based in London like!

oh well lets see what happens eh?

I think most of his acadamy role will be in terms of recruiting players for it rather than day to day coaching or running the teams.

I think this looks good providing Keegan's in full agreement. If not then it will inevitably end in tears.

Two things here:

1. No he isn't.

2. No they're not.

Alex is just blind. Not even worth responding to this latest case of obsession to point out he is wrong, as usual.

Two things here:

1. No he isn't.

2. No they're not.

Alex is just blind. Not even worth responding to this latest case of obsession to point out he is wrong, as usual.

Has Alex asked for photo's or anything? :D