The Official Toontastic © Transfer Dealine Day Thread ™

Tom

Newcastle Forgot About Álvaro, Claim Levante :icon_lol:

Levante have claimed that Newcastle United pulled the plug on a deal to sign Álvaro after being accused by the player of blocking his move to the Premier League.

The Valencia-based outfit received an offer for the Brazilian central defender and replied in the positive and waited for the Magpies' next move.

As no news came through, Levante believe that Newcastle changed their minds, but did not inform them which caused the player to speak out to the press.

“We received an email from Newcastle at 6pm (on Tuesday) and we accepted the offer,” president Julio Romero said.

“It seems that they changed their mind since then. They forgot to tell us about it.

“Álvaro can stay at Levante. The offer was refused and he is still our player.

“I hope that he will remain as professional as he has always been.”

Álvaro stated that he thought Levante were to blame and claimed that he could not longer face paying for the club as they had stopped the transfer.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1436: The Newcastle press office have just been very coy when asked whether the club are poised to sign Fabio Zamblera from Atalanta in Italy. They are, apparently, waiting to hear confirmation from "upstairs".

Paul Fletcher is a dick.

1300: "I have just finished cutting Everton chairman Bill Kenwright's grass and saw him in his conservatory talking with Shola Ameobi and some other guys."

Chris Hetherington via text on 81111

Shola gets about a bit. From The Guardian's minute-by-minute guide:

3.05pm: The rumours are flying in. Theo Walcott and Pablo Aimar have been spotted at Anfield, Gago and Shola Ameobi at the City on Manchester Stadium, and Shaun Wright-Phillips at St James' Park.

Levante have claimed that Newcastle United pulled the plug on a deal to sign Álvaro after being accused by the player of blocking his move to the Premier League.

The Valencia-based outfit received an offer for the Brazilian central defender and replied in the positive and waited for the Magpies' next move.

As no news came through, Levante believe that Newcastle changed their minds, but did not inform them which caused the player to speak out to the press.

“We received an email from Newcastle at 6pm (on Tuesday) and we accepted the offer,” president Julio Romero said.

“It seems that they changed their mind since then. They forgot to tell us about it.

Álvaro stated that he thought Levante were to blame and claimed that he could not longer face paying for the club as they had stopped the transfer.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

My money is on either Newcastle/Australia or Lukas Ramsauer tbh

Just seen this on 606

comment by Chilli Puzzle

posted 1 Minute Ago

newcastle finally sign someone, "Carrick has just passed a medical and will complete a 12 million pound move before the window shuts".

relaible source, watch this space

Gosh that would be terrific.

why would he give up a regular place in one of the most exciting man u teams for years to play for us? never going to happen

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Do clubs really e-mail each other with offers? Technology these days.

"We'll giv u £3m 4 alvaro. lol"

"Deal!!!1!!"

Newcastle Forgot About Álvaro, Claim Levante :nufc:

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

"Deal!!!1!!"

:icon_lol:

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

"Deal!!!1!!"

Which is why Derby rejected our bid for Barnes/Baines - caus some daft fucker at St James' pressed the $ key instead of the £ key!

Newcastle Forgot About Álvaro, Claim Levante

I think they've forgot about the window altogether tbh

There's a window ?[/morshley]

God this has been a depressing year. Twins trade the best pitcher in baseball for prospects, lose popular another popular player to free agency, Timberwolves trade Garnett, NUFC get nobody in. All three play like shit. :icon_lol:

God this has been a depressing year. Twins trade the best pitcher in baseball for prospects, lose popular another popular player to free agency, Timberwolves trade Garnett, NUFC get nobody in. All three play like shit. :icon_lol:

Should have taken the Yankees offer back in december.

Actually, I think Gomez will end up being a better player than Cabrera, and the twins will make something of the other pitchers we got.

I'm not all that unhappy with the deal compared to the Yankees and Red Sox deals in the end, it's just the reality of losing Johan in and of itself.

Wouldn't really matter what we'd (realistically) have got in return; it would be disappointing.

Who'd have predicted how well the AJ Pierzinski for Nathan, Bonser and Liriano deal turned out? We were slated for taking a couple of prospects and a poor reliever for that deal too.

Edited to add: also, it's worth a lot to me to have him in the National League, not the American League. He gets to bat, which is fun to see and I get to still root for him.

Edited by Zathras

fuck me this is depressing. can anyone remember the last window where they were genuinely happy with the outcome and optimistic about the season ahead?

i'd say the summer we signed owen and solano but look how that one turned out...

fuck me this is depressing. can anyone remember the last window where they were genuinely happy with the outcome and optimistic about the season ahead?

i'd say the summer we signed owen and solano but look how that one turned out...

This ones even worse than the Sib window :icon_lol:

Actually, I think Gomez will end up being a better player than Cabrera, and the twins will make something of the other pitchers we got.

I'm not all that unhappy with the deal compared to the Yankees and Red Sox deals in the end, it's just the reality of losing Johan in and of itself.

Wouldn't really matter what we'd (realistically) have got in return; it would be disappointing.

Who'd have predicted how well the AJ Pierzinski for Nathan, Bonser and Liriano deal turned out? We were slated for taking a couple of prospects and a poor reliever for that deal too.

I read somewhere today that the package the Yankees offered until 4th december was way better that after Pettite announced he would return. I think Smith played it right, held out for a better offer, bad luck the Yankees backed out, the Red Sox were only in to make it hard for the Yanks.

Really hope Gomez turns out to be a good outfielder, he was exciting when he came up from the minors last season.

This ones even worse than the Sib window :icon_lol:

that was acutally quite funny in the end