Superbowl 42

RlCO

The Greatest Team on Earth vs. the New York Giants.

It will cost Toontastic $2.7 million for a 30 second commercial. So let's start the whip round...

Edited by RlCO

For my sins I actually follow this sport. Used to play it for a junior side when I was a kid. I feel my spent watching or following it is paying off now as back then my team was the Patriots. First took note at SBXX when tha Pats got hammered off the bears. I stuck with them and the next season they got put out o fthe play offs by Denver and then went on a run of being shite for many a year. Its only the last decade or so when they have turned around into (arguably if they win this SB) one of the greatest teams in SB history. Im just hoping Brady's ankle holds out.

Patriots ftw!!! I lived in New England for a few months so I cant be slagged for glory supporting.

Am I right in thinking if they win tonight they are the first team in NFL history to win every game of the season?

No, Miami was the first. But, there is now more games in the season than when Miami done it. Pats already have the record now for most wins, but if they win this weekend then will be the first to finish with the 19-0.

Well looking forward too it, I like the Cowboys and the Chargers so since they are both out I'm wanting the Patriots to win for that record.

Has anyone else noticed how much they are talking about Tynes and Umenyiora about them being born in Britain, too be fair they are both basically American, Tynes dad was American and I think he was in the US air force while he was posted here Tynes was born then he moved back to USA when he was 12 and Osi only lived in London for his first 7 years they both even have Yank accents ffs, shameless attempt to pull in Brit viewers tbh.

Edited by Barton7

boring crap.... can't stand this sport.

Would love it if it was far less stop and go. Actual play is cool but far too many stoppages to make it enjoyable. Plus it's just ridiculously over the top, 60 players, special players, every inch of movement is a tactic...

Might give this one a watch though :razz:

Patriots ftw!!! I lived in New England for a few months so I cant be slagged for glory supporting.

Am I right in thinking if they win tonight they are the first team in NFL history to win every game of the season?

No, Miami was the first. But, there is now more games in the season than when Miami done it. Pats already have the record now for most wins, but if they win this weekend then will be the first to finish with the 19-0.

It's an even bigger achievement in the 'parity era' of free agency.

boring crap.... can't stand this sport.

Would love it if it was far less stop and go. Actual play is cool but far too many stoppages to make it enjoyable. Plus it's just ridiculously over the top, 60 players, special players, every inch of movement is a tactic...

Might give this one a watch though :razz:

I totally agree, I do like it alot but I would enjoy it a lot more if the breaks between plays weren't so long the fact that they either cut to adverts or to the studio is annoying as well I'd rather stick with the game. The average time the games take whenever I watch seems to be around 3 hours they could easily knock a lot of time off this, I think they may need to do this if they really do want to 'break' the European market.

Arrgh Superbowl is responsible for one of the worst nights of my life! I felt really ill so rather than try and sleep I decided to stay up and watch it, not realising that play stopped every two seconds.. it was the longest night ever. :lol: