Why...

Guest BigThompers

Guest BigThompers

Wasn't Faye starting, one of our better performers this season?

Wasn't Emre playing, knowing that Barton has been completely gash all season, aside from the fact that he's about to go to prison for being a violent little fuckshit.

Wasn't Jose Enrique starting, surely a better option than Carr?

Wasn't Viduka starting, as opposed to Smith who has failed to score in more than 40 league games, yes, that's more than a full season of games.

Basic team selection was one of our bigger gripes under Allardyce. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that we didn't give Keegan a lot longer, 2 seasons minimum to show improvement, but I refuse to stay positive when we're getting basic team selection so wrong and getting turned over by teams like Villa.

Give him a chance man, he has worked with those like feye for at best a couple of days. Did you really expect them to be thrown straight in? Id like to see him start but I can understand KK not throwing both beye and Feye in from the start. then later as there was no point when we needed to push on hence bringing emre on. Id also liked to have seen viduka come on for smith, at least as a sub as the game went on.

Big Sams decisions I often felt were through shear stubborness. With KK I often feel he is stil trying to see what the players can and cannot do (like Carr at LB).

I dont disagree with the players you want in, but we do need to be patient and give the bloke a chance to get to know the players and try and change things.

I think those criticisms are fair. Easy to be wise after the event but I'd definitely have started Faye and Enrique. Especially given what a big side Villa are and how we aren't the biggest.

Wasn't Emre playing, knowing that Barton has been completely gash all season, aside from the fact that he's about to go to prison for being a violent little fuckshit.

Wasn't Viduka starting, as opposed to Smith who has failed to score in more than 40 league games, yes, that's more than a full season of games.

Basic team selection was one of our bigger gripes under Allardyce. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that we didn't give Keegan a lot longer, 2 seasons minimum to show improvement, but I refuse to stay positive when we're getting basic team selection so wrong and getting turned over by teams like Villa.

Viduka? Because he isn't fully fit (probably sensible).

Faye? I guess having just come back there hasn't been enough time to assess him (maybe not sensible).

Emre? Because he's pants and has a 50:50 chance of getting sent off. <_< (fuck knows if it was sensible or not)

Enrique? Dunno.

Guest BigThompers
Give him a chance man, he has worked with those like feye for at best a couple of days. Did you really expect them to be thrown straight in? Id like to see him start but I can understand KK not throwing both beye and Feye in from the start. then later as there was no point when we needed to push on hence bringing emre on. Id also liked to have seen viduka come on for smith, at least as a sub as the game went on.

Big Sams decisions I often felt were through shear stubborness. With KK I often feel he is stil trying to see what the players can and cannot do (like Carr at LB).

I dont disagree with the players you want in, but we do need to be patient and give the bloke a chance to get to know the players and try and change things.

I'm all for giving him a chance, for a long time. I just think it's valid criticism when players like Carr and Smith are blatantly shit, it's apparent to most in football, so Keegan shouldn't need to give them games to assess them, as we move closer to the relegation zone in the process.

sack the fat cunt Shepherd its all his fault

Major mistake not buying in the transfer window.

It's a funny one though imo. Would it have been wise to let Allardyce spend more? Probably would have made things worse - long term at least. I think KK came in a bit late to have time to get the right players in. Bad timing of the sacking by the board for those reasons though.

It's a funny one though imo. Would it have been wise to let Allardyce spend more? Probably would have made things worse - long term at least. I think KK came in a bit late to have time to get the right players in. Bad timing of the sacking by the board for those reasons though.

I just think we have "holes" in the team, therefore even short term buys would have been a good thing. You don't have to think long term in everything you do. Football is always such that a player who improves the team is worth buying at the right price and at the right terms. You replace with better as you go. We have had a small squad, low on quality and numbers up front all season and have played a dangerous game.

Now its all going tits up. We could be in a serious position here now.

Still crying about an ex chairman that put the club into almost unsustainable debt with nothing to show for it <_<

at the performance of the team yes. But I'm just wondering who you are blaming for it now.

I think those criticisms are fair. Easy to be wise after the event but I'd definitely have started Faye and Enrique. Especially given what a big side Villa are and how we aren't the biggest.

Mostly fair i'd agree. Left back was fit and available to play LB and i'd have started Faye as well, but in fairness Keegan hasn't seen him yet and so didn't rock the boat, though he did chuck Beye straight in!

As for Smith i think managers will possibly prefer his battling to Viduka's incosistent talent away from home maybe?

I just think we have "holes" in the team, therefore even short term buys would have been a good thing. You don't have to think long term in everything you do. Football is always such that a player who improves the team is worth buying at the right price and at the right terms. You replace with better as you go. We have had a small squad, low on quality and numbers up front all season and have played a dangerous game.

Aye, you're probably right there. One a slightly more positive note I think the bottom 5 are worse sides than us. We play a few of them though and it's so crucial we don't lose those games. I'm not being complacent btw. Relegation is a possibility without a doubt.

Do people seriously think that even with the change of players mentioned, that the result would've been different?

Maybe, maybe not. Faye aerial presence was a miss though and Carr was fucking gash.

I think KK came in a bit late to have time to get the right players in.

We are desperate for a few players - You offer the right money to the right club and they'll sell!

Had we made Woodgate a better offer he would have come to us.

Surely Defoe would rather have come here than Portsmouth!

This is a list of the transfers that took place in January... Surely one or two of them might have been tempted to join us!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/7165929.stm

Jeez guys come on, stop being so bloody pesamistic, no wonder the world and their dog think that we as fans are a joke. Yeah, we've had a rough start under KK but we haven't been as bad as all that - plus today's the first time in 4 games under KK that we've had a decent size squad to pick from AND importantly some of those coming back haven't had chance to train/fit in with the new boss yet. These aren't his players and he doesn't have his full back room team sorted yet - the guys only been back a couple of weeks.

This season is over for us, it has been for a while so we have nothing to lose, there's no way on this planet we'll get relegated, we're just having a hard time at the moment due to circumstance and difficult fixtures coming at a time when the team's hard pressed to work as an effective unit. All this doom and gloom nonsense plays right in the hands to any fan/media/muppet from outside the club who like to have a crack at us and it needs to stop - Kevin Keegan is the man to fix our problems, time and patience is needed and all this crap doesn't help anyone. Calm down, chill out and relax until next season when the fun really starts.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Agree with most of that. The flak I took for suggesting we should freshen the squad for the run-in (even one quality player gives the side a lift) was people locked into an imaginary mindset that there are perfect times to buy players and bad times. There is IMO never a bad time to buy a quality player. It won't be any easier in the summer either if we finish 4th bottom etc...

Jeez guys come on, stop being so bloody pesamistic, no wonder the world and their dog think that we as fans are a joke. Yeah, we've had a rough start under KK but we haven't been as bad as all that - plus today's the first time in 4 games under KK that we've had a decent size squad to pick from AND importantly some of those coming back haven't had chance to train/fit in with the new boss yet. These aren't his players and he doesn't have his full back room team sorted yet - the guys only been back a couple of weeks.

This season is over for us, it has been for a while so we have nothing to lose, there's no way on this planet we'll get relegated, we're just having a hard time at the moment due to circumstance and difficult fixtures coming at a time when the team's hard pressed to work as an effective unit. All this doom and gloom nonsense plays right in the hands to any fan/media/muppet from outside the club who like to have a crack at us and it needs to stop - Kevin Keegan is the man to fix our problems, time and patience is needed and all this crap doesn't help anyone. Calm down, chill out and relax until next season when the fun really starts.

And they'd surely think we were cuckoo if we thought everything was hunky fucking dory wouldn't they <_< stop fooling yourself man

And they'd surely think we were cuckoo if we thought everything was hunky fucking dory wouldn't they <_< stop fooling yourself man

I'm not saying everything's fine, christ we need to sort a lot of issues out but all this negative crap really is starting to boil my piss - I'm really starting to think (sadly) that fans/press from outside Newcastle might be right in that no other fanbase is more fickle, demanding or negative than Newcastle United fans. I just hope I'm really not the only one who's against this trend because someone needs to get behind the team/manager or you might as well forget the club coming out of this depression.

Guest BigThompers
Still crying about an ex chairman that put the club into almost unsustainable debt with nothing to show for it <_<

at the performance of the team yes. But I'm just wondering who you are blaming for it now.

Shepherd, for appointing the man who the new regime we forced to sack, writing another season off.

Guest BigThompers

Armchair, when we lose I like to try and assess where I think we went wrong. Every fan at every football club tends to do that, so don't put this post down as fans unrest, joke club etc, go to Ducker's thread for that

Edited by BigThompers

Agree with most of that. The flak I took for suggesting we should freshen the squad for the run-in (even one quality player gives the side a lift) was people locked into an imaginary mindset that there are perfect times to buy players and bad times. There is IMO never a bad time to buy a quality player. It won't be any easier in the summer either if we finish 4th bottom etc...

You never got flak for saying we need some qulaity, everyone agrees with that. You got flak because you were going on like Keegan didn't think so too...even though he was chasing people at the time.