KK - Like the advert?

peasepud

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Considering Kegan a good modern manager is kind of like considering Craig Bellamay is the epitomy of a the good mannered, well behaved modern man. Newcastle United have the most dilusional fanbase, owner and management structure in the premiership by a mile. Ashley was moronic in ditching Alardyce, who had built up a solid track record without the luxury of funds. The fact that he wasn't considered as wor lad just undermined him.

Fella from a guitar forum...

Seriously. He's been here 25 DAYS.

You can't really blame the papers for putting pressure on Newcastle managers, when threads like this get started so soon.

Does it say "Keegan out"? you tit

What Im getting at is whether people are as confident in him as they were 25 days ago, all the fervour and hype that surrounded his return yet since then weve had two shoddy draws against poor opposition. No, I dont expect us to be storming the league after 25 days but I did expect to see the man himself look like he was doing something. Making the same mistakes as BSA did isnt improving.

Watching us getting torn apart by Villa and doing nowt to try and combat it? no purchases in the transfer window? watch him against ManUre in a fortnights time and see how often he actually gets up and shouts instructions. I reckon 2 maybe 3 times against Boro.

If Allardyce had picked that team on Saturday and lacked substitutions in the same way there would have been hell on on here.

There would have been, because he's culpable, it being the team/squad that he built.

Smacks of ego stroking to start a thread saying "I doubted the bloke from day 1" after few bad results.

I might be a tit, but I'll either fully back a manger, or I'll want him out. There's enough other people writing crap about the appointment, I don't feel the need to add fuel to that fire. If you don't want him out, let's not undermine him.

Edited by Happy Face

There would have been, because he's culpable, it being the team/squad that he built.

Smacks of ego stroking to start a thread saying "I doubted the bloke from day 1" after few bad results.

I might be a tit, but I'll either fully back a manger, or I'll want him out. There's enough other people writing crap about the appointment, I don't feel the need to add fuel to that fire. If you don't want him out, let's not undermine him.

HF, you haven't started the day well have you?

Remember, English is my first language.

Engrish is my first language.

Ingrish is my first language.

Agree with the sentiment btw.

Considering Kegan a good modern manager is kind of like considering Craig Bellamay is the epitomy of a the good mannered, well behaved modern man. Newcastle United have the most dilusional fanbase, owner and management structure in the premiership by a mile. Ashley was moronic in ditching Alardyce, who had built up a solid track record without the luxury of funds. The fact that he wasn't considered as wor lad just undermined him.

Fella from a guitar forum...

Never pay any attention to the opinion of someone that cannot spell (or at least use a spell checker). <_<

Keegan is not Allardyce (and Newcastle is not Bolton), but then Allardyce is not Ferguson, who is not Wenger, or Mourinho.

Give that Dalglish (and mucho $$$'s) is the last Premiership winner that isn't one of them it's all nonsense anyway.

And look at Robson, hardly a modern manager, but a few years younger (or just taking over Newcastle a few years earlier) and better boardroom backing and who knows.

It's easy to have a go when you look at the statistics but Arsenal away twice, and Villa isn't exactly an easy place to go.

Smoggies were lucky to get anything from us and Bolton came for the draw.

I still have faith we can turn it around, we just need to remember that we need to play football for 90 minutes not 45.

Aye the Arsenal games you may as well just ignore, Bolton was genuinely no time and they came completely looking for the draw (and a team with our lack of creativity is always going to struggle vs a team with a constant 10 men behind the ball).

Villa and Boro, well good and bad in there, but still it's the same squad with the same problems and no magic wand.

The annoying thing v Bolton was the fuckin' enormous amount of time it took to attack Bolton once we got the ball back following their attacks - thus giving them an eternity to get everyone back behind the ball and in position.

I'm as 'happy' as I was when Keegan came. He was never going to turn this shambles of a squad around overnight. I said 5th bottom when he came, and I still believe that is where we'll finish.

I'm just as happy as I was when Keegan first arrived I knew it would be a struggle all you had to do was look at the fixtures, we had 2 (arguably 3) of our better players away in Africa and there wasn't long left before the transfer window shut. As long as we stay up this season I'm not worried because I'm still hoping that Ashley is going to keep his word and start showing more ambition and backing Keegan in the transfer market. I don't think our problems are as massive as the papers try to make out, Given has zero confidence at the minute and the centre back pairing is always either chopping and changing or simply not working, the right back is solid and I think Enrique can be a good player for us if we would ever play him. Our wingers are good but given the chance I'd like to see Bentley here, we're also good up front they just don't get the service we could maybe do with a tall striker like a (as much as it makes me sick to say it) Kenewyn Jones or someone in that mould. In my opinion our main problem is the central midfield we have no creativity there whatsoever just a bunch of 'destroyers' who can't even do that, this area definitely needs strengthening, other than that it's a case of confidence being shot to pieces and a terrible league position which the blame falls at the feet of (as much as he thinks it doesn't) Allardyce, we had so many easy points squandered under him.

Obviously having a new centre back, new central midfield, new tall powerful striker and David Bentley all here and the team full of confidence is a very tough task but hopefully we can get somewhere near it for next season and we may do alright with that and finish in the top half possibly challenging for a UEFA cup spot.

Trouble is, that's exactly what every other club outside the top four thinks. To change anything we're going to have to catch up on the last four or five seasons worth of treading water. I can't see it happening unless Ashley spends over the odds to get some top players here. Chelsea paid obscene amounts for players for a couple of years but now they're only having to add the odd player and have reverted to paying sensible money again IMO.

We need to spend big money basically.

I would never have picked Keegan as manager personally but I do understand why the descision was made and I eventually did get caught up in the excitment of the whole thing (walking into the town before the Bolton game was the most excited I'd been before a game in a long time).

Now I'm deeply concerned that relegation is a strong possibility as at the moment I just can't see where our next win is going to come from. We don't look like we could beat anyone at them moment.

We were so short of players that it was always going to be a struggle (I just hoped the fans could be enough to inspire a win), the Arsenal games were a right off before we even started but the last two games have been a bit of an eye opener. Boro are shite and we looked worse than them (yes had the ref and his team been better we would have won the game but that doesn't hide our inadequacies) and we were a million miles behind Villa on Saturday.

I don't blame Keegan for any of this though, he inheritted the mess that Allardyce left behind and found that he didn't have the time and/or knowlege of the squad/market to make the required moves in January and he is still getting to know the players so he's bound to make some selection errors. I had hoped that he might be able to motivate them to do more than they had been but I think the timing of everything (the run of games we've had, the transfer window and the African Nations) have made everything more difficult for him.

I still believe Keegan can do a lot move us back up the league next season if he gets the type of funds that have been suggested but we would have to go out and do what Chelsea did and have a couple of summers spending £100+ if we want to seriously challenge the big four (even then not being in Europe or London will give us problems attrackting top class players so reaching that level might take a lot more than Abramovic spent).

That's providing my hopes that Derby, Fulham, Reading, Wigan and Birmingham are all too bad to allow us to go down pan out. If not then might be competing with the money men at QPR for players.

I would never have picked Keegan as manager personally but I do understand why the descision was made and I eventually did get caught up in the excitment of the whole thing (walking into the town before the Bolton game was the most excited I'd been before a game in a long time).

Now I'm deeply concerned that relegation is a strong possibility as at the moment I just can't see where our next win is going to come from. We don't look like we could beat anyone at them moment.

We were so short of players that it was always going to be a struggle (I just hoped the fans could be enough to inspire a win), the Arsenal games were a right off before we even started but the last two games have been a bit of an eye opener. Boro are shite and we looked worse than them (yes had the ref and his team been better we would have won the game but that doesn't hide our inadequacies) and we were a million miles behind Villa on Saturday.

I don't blame Keegan for any of this though, he inheritted the mess that Allardyce left behind and found that he didn't have the time and/or knowlege of the squad/market to make the required moves in January and he is still getting to know the players so he's bound to make some selection errors. I had hoped that he might be able to motivate them to do more than they had been but I think the timing of everything (the run of games we've had, the transfer window and the African Nations) have made everything more difficult for him.

I still believe Keegan can do a lot move us back up the league next season if he gets the type of funds that have been suggested but we would have to go out and do what Chelsea did and have a couple of summers spending £100+ if we want to seriously challenge the big four (even then not being in Europe or London will give us problems attrackting top class players so reaching that level might take a lot more than Abramovic spent).

That's providing my hopes that Derby, Fulham, Reading, Wigan and Birmingham are all too bad to allow us to go down pan out. If not then might be competing with the money men at QPR for players.

The thing is, I'm not sure we'd have really got anyone we wanted or needed in this window.

Aye just getting some bodies in would have helped this season (in the current situation), but really what we are missing is some serious quality in some major places (along the whole "backbone" really.... in even the whole team in many ways), and getting that will be trick in the summer, never mind in January with only 1 week to do it in.

Keegan has a lot of problems facing him, and most are issues that in all honesty aren't going to be solved or made much worse (immediately anyway), by his strengths or weaknesses as a manager.

The only thing we really HAVE to avoid is relegation this season.

I'm not advocating bringing bodies in for the sake of it at all. My point was if he'd had more time he might have been in a better position to find players that we could get and that would be more than just extra bodies. That he never had that chance goes some way to explaining the position we are in now.

I've said it previously though that I'm happy Keegan decided not to waste money and would much rather see him go for it big style in the summer. I'm not as confident now that we'll still be in the premiership by then as was a few weeks ago.

Are you saying that by me asking this question, Keegans gonna feel under pressure?

It didnt work with Roeder or Allardyce...unless Ashleys the one reading this place?

My whole point in this is that everyone was caught up on that wave of hysteria (for want of a better word) when he came which is what the papers are getting at.

My reasoning for the post was following a post elsewhere stating along the lines of "we were shit but dont worry Keegan will sort us out". No rhyme or reason for it, not backed up with fact just a blind faith,

Are you saying that by me asking this question, Keegans gonna feel under pressure?

You ask the question, over 20% of people respond they are either worried or worse, one of the fat pigs reads it and starts reporting the unrest amongst fans, we lose the next couple of games and the plastics start listening to the shit in the papers and start booing, all of a sudden there's unrest in the dressing room because once you've lost the fans you've lost the players, we get relegated, Keegan is sacked, Steve Bruce comes in, we get relegated AGAIN.

We'll end up in division one! Is that what you want 'cos that's what'll happen. Or you could have just made the point that you're as happy now as the day he arrived and the whole mess would have been avoided. You've single handedly doomed us. :lol:

It didnt work with Roeder or Allardyce...unless Ashleys the one reading this place?

I don't know if you were watching, but they both got sacked after VERY short tenures.

My whole point in this is that everyone was caught up on that wave of hysteria (for want of a better word) when he came which is what the papers are getting at.

My reasoning for the post was following a post elsewhere stating along the lines of "we were shit but dont worry Keegan will sort us out". No rhyme or reason for it, not backed up with fact just a blind faith,

Are you saying you wanted to temper the upbeat optimisim that permeates the area and ensure that we're all as miserable as we've been at any time in the last three years? You actually want us to dispense any faith we have in turning the situation around, worse of all, just because the papers get at us for it? Fuck them! Belief and confidence can roll off the stands and onto the pitch, why on earth would you even suggest that more restraint is required?

Get on board man PP, leave the miserable fuckers like Ducker "I'm not even a fan any more" Davies to contemplate the ugliness of their own wretched souls and show some blind faith, maybe if the players had any faith in themselves we'd start getting somewhere.