IPOD Nano's

Smooth Operator

Anyone know owt about them? I know they hold 1000 songs but anything else of note eg price etc.

It's my birthday next month and i'm thinking of getting one of these after seeing an advert on tv last night, they llok cool and are really small. Was gonna get a shuffle but seems outdated now these nano's are the new thing from Apple.

Cheers.

Clicky here !

Specifications

* Holds up to 500 songs and full-colour album art

* Only 9.0 x 4.0 x 0.69 cm and weighing just 42 g

* Bright 3.81 cm colour LCD display

* Up to 14 hours of battery life

* Apple Click Wheel

* Charges and syncs via USB 2.0

* Accessory-compatible Dock connector

* Completely skip-free playback

* Works with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP

* Plays music, podcasts and audiobooks

* Holds up to 25,000 photos

* Syncs contacts, calendars and to-do lists

our price: £139.99 Delivered

availability: In stock.

Usually dispatched within 24 hours.

some people are lazy and would rather just post on a forum rather than taking time to look up the info themselves

i'm not like that though  :lol:

37466[/snapback]

;)

I quite fancy one but I'm not sure. I have a deep loathing of iTunes, and don't trust its battery. I'll probably wait for the equivalent Sony or whatever.

37486[/snapback]

iTunes is as user-friendly as it gets, what's to loathe about it?

I've said it before, but I don't understand these people that have constant problems with iPod batteries. I've had mine for years now and have no bother with it at all. What do these people do with them??

I quite fancy one but I'm not sure. I have a deep loathing of iTunes, and don't trust its battery. I'll probably wait for the equivalent Sony or whatever.

37486[/snapback]

I've said it before, but I don't understand these people that have constant problems with iPod batteries. I've had mine for years now and have no bother with it at all. What do these people do with them??

37488[/snapback]

I don't like being forced to use their system, or forced to shop at their shops. Also, it doesn't play WMA files does it, which accounts for a lot of my collection? Do I have to convert these somehow, and will there be a loss of quality, and how long will it take?

Basically I hate the monopolistic attitude of Apple - I want something I can just drag and drop with MS windows, downloaded from anywhere. As for the batteries, I guess it's just luck.

We'll have the iRiver gang on next........

[cough]betamax[/cough]

37493[/snapback]

Bad analogy, Betamax failed because Sony insisted on retaining all the rights on it rather than licensing it out like VHS.

I'm only vaguely aware of what an iRiver is tbh.

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

I don't like being forced to use their system, or forced to shop at their shops. Also, it doesn't play WMA files does it, which accounts for a lot of my collection? Do I have to convert these somehow, and will there be a loss of quality, and how long will it take?

Basically I hate the monopolistic attitude of Apple - I want something I can just drag and drop with MS windows, downloaded from anywhere. As for the batteries, I guess it's just luck.

37495[/snapback]

I don't use iTunes with my iPod, I use anapod instead.

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

37500[/snapback]

Now you've lost me. :lol:;)

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

You hate the monopolistic attitude of Apple, yet you're on about getting a Sony who have created their own music format (is it ATRAC) which you have to use with their players. :lol:

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

37500[/snapback]

37503[/snapback]

There's loads of media players you can download to use with an ipod without having to use iTunes.

Have a look here:

www.ipodlounge.com

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

You hate the monopolistic attitude of Apple, yet you're on about getting a Sony who have created their own music format (is it ATRAC) which you have to use with their players. :lol:

37505[/snapback]

Well, I'm obviously not up to scratch on these things, I thought Sony's worked with MS windows. I really need to change my crappy 256Mb player soon though.

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

37500[/snapback]

37503[/snapback]

There's loads of media players you can download to use with an ipod without having to use iTunes.

Have a look here:

www.ipodlounge.com

37506[/snapback]

So are iPods the best then? Anyone any ideas?

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

37500[/snapback]

37503[/snapback]

Have a look here:

www.ipodlounge.com

37506[/snapback]

37512[/snapback]

Aye, we've done this one a few times. You'll get the gyppos with the iRivers and the Creative Zens turning up shortly telling you that they're better but they've basically got acute iPod envy. I don't know anyone personally that has an iPod that's been disappointed by it.

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

37500[/snapback]

37503[/snapback]

Have a look here:

www.ipodlounge.com

37506[/snapback]

37512[/snapback]

Aye, we've done this one a few times. You'll get the gyppos with the iRivers and the Creative Zens turning up shortly telling you that they're better but they've basically got acute iPod envy. I don't know anyone personally that has an iPod that's been disappointed by it.

37516[/snapback]

Just one question then. If I get an album of mp3s, from anywhere, can I easily get it to play on iPod? I mean without faffing around downloading software. And if I can, does this mean I am not forced to buy from Apple after all? If so, then I guess I'm interested.

37486[/snapback]

37488[/snapback]

37495[/snapback]

37500[/snapback]

Now you've lost me. ;);)

37503[/snapback]

Have a look here:

www.ipodlounge.com

37506[/snapback]

37512[/snapback]

37516[/snapback]

Just one question then. If I get an album of mp3s, from anywhere, can I easily get it to play on iPod? I mean without faffing around downloading software. And if I can, does this mean I am not forced to buy from Apple after all? If so, then I guess I'm interested.

37521[/snapback]

Yep. You can even do it using the loathsome iTunes. :lol:

We'll have the iRiver gang on next........

[cough]betamax[/cough]

37493[/snapback]

Bad analogy, Betamax failed because Sony insisted on retaining all the rights on it rather than licensing it out like VHS.

I'm only vaguely aware of what an iRiver is tbh.

37499[/snapback]

Bad analogy ?

a device that those who owned one raved about it until those around them fell to the floor in a pool of boredom induced vomit, only for their cherished device to disappear from the shelves while its more marketable rival thrived.

ok, bad analogy. :lol: