Worst ever NUFC team

Row Z

The Andy this fuckwit was on about might've been Andy Walker on loan from Celtic, he was good in the SPL but he was pure mince in his few games for us. How you could mix up Celtic with Forest is anyones guess though...if indeed he was on about Walker.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Andy this fuckwit was on about might've been Andy Walker on loan from Celtic, he was good in the SPL but he was pure mince in his few games for us. How you could mix up Celtic with Forest is anyones guess though...if indeed he was on about Walker.

I remeber a guy coming on loan from forest when ardiles was manager but i don't think his name was andy - can't remember what you called him but he was fuckin awful - he only played a handful of games but even in that short period of time exhibited an uncanny knack of losing the ball just outside our box and gifting several goals to the opposition - now i think of it his first name mite hav been terry

I remeber a guy coming on loan from forest when ardiles was manager but i don't think his name was andy - can't remember what you called him but he was fuckin awful - he only played a handful of games but even in that short period of time exhibited an uncanny knack of losing the ball just outside our box and gifting several goals to the opposition - now i think of it his first name mite hav been terry

Aye Tommy Gaynor and Terry Wilson both incredibly shit, Terry had blonde/ginger hair I think.

Aye Tommy Gaynor and Terry Wilson both incredibly shit, Terry had blonde/ginger hair I think.

Aye terry wilson - looked the part and was alright on the ball but just dropped clanger after clanger - was the same when he went back to forest - hopeless - i think he was meant to shore up our porous defence but it was only later discovered that in fact kevin scott was completely and utterley shite

Edited by Norbert Colon

Aye terry wilson - looked the part and was alright on the ball but just dropped clanger after clanger - was the same when he went back to forest - hopeless - i think he was meant to shore up our porous defence but it was only later discovered that in fact kevin scott was completely and utterley shite

Terry Wilson was a defender, am wrong.

We had one decent loan called Gavin Maguire he looked ok, we were going to sign him but something happened, my memories shit these days.

Edited by Stevie

Name escapes me but the utter fuckwit we loaned from Forest in the early 90s, Andy something?

Tommy Gaynor or Terry Wilson? Both shit. No Andy's to my mind.

Pat Heard was fucking awful

People like this cunt :lol: 26 years of age, so he would've been 3 or 4 when Pat Heard played for the toon. Why base an opinion based on bullshit, why do that? Or maybe at 3 years old you had enough of an understanding of the game to make an assertion that he was shit? :lol:

Just like at 3 years old you expected me to have a comprehensive and well developed opinion of John Anderson? :icon_lol::hiya:

Worst captain? Kevin Dillon hands down, I remember we played the match against the mackems on the windiest day I can ever remember it was about 80 miles an hour gales, game should never have been played, he was clean through by 15 yards from the half way line, but by the time he got to the 18 yard box he was so slow the whole Sunderland defence caught up with him.

See, I quite liked Dillon. I thought he got a lot of shit for his mackem allegiences. Aye, some of it quite rightly, but I always thought he put in an honest shift for us. For a mackem.

Worst captain? Kevin Dillon hands down, I remember we played the match against the mackems on the windiest day I can ever remember it was about 80 miles an hour gales, game should never have been played, he was clean through by 15 yards from the half way line, but by the time he got to the 18 yard box he was so slow the whole Sunderland defence caught up with him.

See, I quite liked Dillon. I thought he got a lot of shit for his mackem allegiences. Aye, some of it quite rightly, but I always thought he put in an honest shift for us. For a mackem.

I disliked him so much, I started using "Dillon" as a derogatory term for other people.

Can't believe we're onto page two without anyone mentioning Rob Macdonald. Signed from a good Dutch team with everyone thinking he must be top notch playing abroad and he was fucking gash of the highest order. Very similar to Fumaca in that he should never have been allowed anywhere near a football pitch to do anything other than water it because he was nothing like a footballer of any level.

Pat Heard was fucking awfull too like. One of my earliest football memories is wondering how someone that was worse than me (at about nine) could be getting a game for us.

Was just going to mention Rob MacDonald. Berb beat me to Frank Pingel too. Scored a screamer in Kenny Wharton's testimonial though iirc. In more recent times it has to be Fumaca as the worst player.

Stevie just spouting monglish again?

I've forgot more than you'll ever know. About everything tbh

The only thing possible where your knowledge is superior than mine are wanking techniques, wrestling history and computer games.

Clearly you have fuck all knowledge about football, "Andy something on loan from Forest" oh dear, what a cunt. As for Pat Heard "we was shit" you were 3 years of age you utter cock of a lad, so how the fuck would you know. You've only even heard of him because he was in your brothers football 85 sticker album.

Rob McDonald was pure shite David Kelly, he was actually signed from the reigning European Champions PSV for 150k where he got a game sometimes :hiya: I remember him scoring at Sheff Wed, I think he scored somewhere else but never at home. What made McDonald even shitter was that flat top hair cut he had. He had a look of Ivan Drago I thought.

All Smith's signings seemed to be shit at that time. For a brief period we even thought Liam O was shit then he scored an absolute belta against the blue dippers and he got better from there. I never took to Ray Ranson though it must be said, and Sansom was a shit signing.

Edited by Stevie

Rob MacDonald did the presentations at my athletics club Xmas do when I was a bairn btw. My coach had trained him as a sprinter when he was young. He won the AAA's 100m or something like that iirc. Trivia-tastic. Didn't he play with Gullit or someone in Holland too? He was absolutely finished when we signed him like. If he was ever any good, that is.

Rob MacDonald did the presentations at my athletics club Xmas do when I was a bairn btw. My coach had trained him as a sprinter when he was young. He won the AAA's 100m or something like that iirc. Trivia-tastic. Didn't he play with Gullit or someone in Holland too? He was absolutely finished when we signed him like. If he was ever any good, that is.

He didn't play with Gullit, Gullit was away to AC Milan by then. He did however pick up an European Cup medal as part of PSV's victorious 1988 squad, playing with the likes of Ronald Koeman, Wim Kieft and Gerard Vanenburg, mad eh?

He didn't play with Gullit, Gullit was away to AC Milan by then. He did however pick up an European Cup medal as part of PSV's victorious 1988 squad, playing with the likes of Ronald Koeman, Wim Kieft and Gerard Vanenburg, mad eh?

Ah, right. I knew he played with some good players over there. Couldn't remember who. He didn't even seem that fast by the time he played for us.

Special mention to Paul Dalglish and Carl Serrant for the Premiership nightmare XI btw.

Btw, Chris Guthrie recommended Van Basten and Gullit to NUFC when they were both still playing in Holland.

I didn't know that but I remember Gullit came close to signing for Ipswich and Arsenal.

Btw, Chris Guthrie recommended Van Basten and Gullit to NUFC when they were both still playing in Holland.

I didn't know that but I remember Gullit came close to signing for Ipswich and Arsenal.

That's what he told me and my Dad anyway. The club weren't interested :hiya:

I remember in 87/88 there were rumours we were going to sign Maradona :lol: They brung out a new newspaper about the toon called "United" and the headline on the front page was "NO guarantees about Maradona but....."

I remember in 87/88 there were rumours we were going to sign Maradona :lol: They brung out a new newspaper about the toon called "United" and the headline on the front page was "NO guarantees about Maradona but....."

Says it all really. I can remember when Leeds were after him too. Top PL clubs wouldn't be out of the running for the likes of him now I suppose. No chance back then though for the clubs in the English top fligh.

Says it all really. I can remember when Leeds were after him too. Top PL clubs wouldn't be out of the running for the likes of him now I suppose. No chance back then though for the clubs in the English top fligh.

I knew a kid at University who was a Sheff U fan. He reckoned when they signed Alex Sabella (78ish) they were offered a 16 yr old Maradona but the board hadn't heard of him so didn't bother - smacks of urban myth but still quite funny.

I knew a kid at University who was a Sheff U fan. He reckoned when they signed Alex Sabella (78ish) they were offered a 16 yr old Maradona but the board hadn't heard of him so didn't bother - smacks of urban myth but still quite funny.

It's true.

Thank fuck we never signed Gullit or Van Basten circa '88. Imagine having gone down (or not, it wouldnt really have mattered) and having had to sell them to another English club for a pittance and then watch them proceed to take the p!ss for Liverpool, Tottenham or Man U for the next 10 years...no thanks.

Thank fuck we never signed Gullit or Van Basten circa '88. Imagine having gone down (or not, it wouldnt really have mattered) and having had to sell them to another English club for a pittance and then watch them proceed to take the p!ss for Liverpool, Tottenham or Man U for the next 10 years...no thanks.

:hiya: Couple of years before that I think. It was never going to happen with our board back then anyway.

Edited by alex