Avram Grant

acrossthepond

I'm hoping Barcelona win the CL. I'd hate to see any of the English teams win it. I hate all three of them.

hmm , tough one , i think another trophy for one of our teams will help bring even more quality players to the league , i could stomach an english team winning if it means we get to watch the likes of kaka or messi in the prem .

For one I can't see Barcelona letting messing go and I'd be surprised if Kaka left Milan too. And neither would be coming here anyway so it would be of no benefit to NUFC. I can watch them on telly anyway as it is.

How about my suggestion that Ferguson would be more likely to bring his retirement forward if they won it? I genuinely think that when he leaves, there's a good chance that they could lose their way a bit and possibly "do a Liverpool" after their sustained success ended. Although, the likelihood of them hiring Souness is quite low unfortunately. Bryan Robson maybe? ;)

I think that's fair comment and I don't despise Ferguson or owt and you have to respect him immensely for what he's done. Steve Bruce I reckon btw :aye:

And neither would be coming here anyway so it would be of no benefit to NUFC. I can watch them on telly anyway as it is.

How do you know? I reckon Kaka would be a decent replacement for Smith.

Owen plays in his position now and is better anyway.

I'm hoping Barcelona win the CL. I'd hate to see any of the English teams win it. I hate all three of them.

hmm , tough one , i think another trophy for one of our teams will help bring even more quality players to the league , i could stomach an english team winning if it means we get to watch the likes of kaka or messi in the prem .

For one I can't see Barcelona letting messing go and I'd be surprised if Kaka left Milan too. And neither would be coming here anyway so it would be of no benefit to NUFC. I can watch them on telly anyway as it is.

How about my suggestion that Ferguson would be more likely to bring his retirement forward if they won it? I genuinely think that when he leaves, there's a good chance that they could lose their way a bit and possibly "do a Liverpool" after their sustained success ended. Although, the likelihood of them hiring Souness is quite low unfortunately. Bryan Robson maybe? ;)

I think that's fair comment and I don't despise Ferguson or owt and you have to respect him immensely for what he's done. Steve Bruce I reckon btw :aye:

I reckon in the current climate, it's nailed on to be Mark Hughes' job if SAF does call it a day...

Keane must be in with a shout though?

I reckon in the current climate, it's nailed on to be Mark Hughes' job if SAF does call it a day...

Keane must be in with a shout though?

I can't see it going to either. Surely it will go to someone already proven at the top level?

Spot on if you ask me. Well done Avram.

Papers talk shite about people then expect them to keep feeding the monkey. A manager is under no obligation to talk to them. After the shite Keegan's had I'm amazed he still continues to give them ammo.

That said, he's shot himself in the foot because the papers will take him down.

For a manager who has had similar results to Mourinho he has got an awful lot of undeserved shit.

he has like , nobody expected them tobe in second place after the start jose got off to .

If Chelsea beat Man Utd which I think they will, they will be within 2 points of them, am I wrong in thinking that will mean he's made up 7 points during his reign, was the gap 9 under Jose?

I think so, aye. It was something like that. The CL semis are as far as Mourinho ever got them too.

They weren't like. Level on points with Man United and two points behind Arsenal when he took over.

I have to say though. Had Mourinho done this interview, people would probably be hailing his comic genius.

Man U had a dreadful start to the season tbf.

How come? Only two points off Arsenal who had a cracking start to the season.

Maybe I'm mistaken....I'm sure they only managed a draw or something in their first few games.

Spot on if you ask me. Well done Avram.

Papers talk shite about people then expect them to keep feeding the monkey. A manager is under no obligation to talk to them. After the shite Keegan's had I'm amazed he still continues to give them ammo.

That said, he's shot himself in the foot because the papers will take him down.

See, this is it exactly.

They're a fact of life in today's game. You have to go out there and serve them up some bollocks, just try to keep it simple and friendly though, don't say anything that could embarass you or the team but don't be a stiff either like Grant because the press can easily whip up a media circus for you if they feel it necessary.

I do think he's compromised himself here and I hold to what I said earlier - he knows the sack is coming as soon as he loses a game.

chelsea will get one of them , money talks . i reckon it will be kaka and VdV in their midfield come next season .

fergie will hang on for another 5 year i reckon and see roony and ronaldo thru the best of their years , why leave now when he's got all the money in the world to spend on the team and a great set of young players .

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea just gone 2-1 up in 85th minute, Ballack penalty.

Hope Chelsea beat the red bastards to the league.

Edit: I hope they win the league to fuck off the media and their own pathetic fucking fans who have been calling for Grant's head.

Edited by ewerk

Chelsea just gone 2-1 up in 85th minute, Ballack penalty.

Hope Chelsea beat the red bastards to the league.

Edit: I hope they win the league to fuck off the media and their own pathetic fucking fans who have been calling for Grant's head.

:D

I like your logic.

Chelsea fans winning the league but angering themselves at the same time!! :blush: