Benitez souding bitter, beaten and broken.

Park Life

As for worldwide support, your support is fuckin shit, 33,000 in the league under Houllier where were your Norwegians then, and your Pakistani's? Not at fuckin Anfield that's for certain.

agreed

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for worldwide support, your support is fuckin shit, 33,000 in the league under Houllier where were your Norwegians then, and your Pakistani's? Not at fuckin Anfield that's for certain.

Fucking hell :D

Is that all they got?

Every decision went against us, moans baffled Benítez

Andy Hunter and Louise Taylor at Anfield

The Guardian, Wednesday April 23 2008 Article history

Rafael Benítez accused the referee Konrad Plautz of bias and poor timekeeping last night after John Arne Riise's stoppage-time own-goal cost Liverpool a precious lead in their Champions League semi-final first leg with Chelsea. The Liverpool manager criticised the award of four minutes' injury-time and a display from Plautz that, he claimed, had favoured Chelsea throughout.

he disgruntled Spaniard said: "It's difficult to understand. There were 94 or 95 minutes and every decision went against us. All the corners, free-kicks and fouls. But, in the end, it was an own-goal. It's not the first time. We knew before the game it was going to be difficult [with this referee]. Against Marseille it was more or less the same. You can't blame the referee for the own-goal at the end but the time? One minute in the first half, four in the second. It's difficult to explain."

Benítez also had cause to bemoan the referee for a push by Ashley Cole on the goalscorer Dirk Kuyt inside the Chelsea penalty area, an offence that went unpunished by Plautz. "The first four fouls against us were for pushing," he added. "I saw one of their players pushing with two hands in the penalty area and nothing given. I've seen too many things tonight but I don't want to say too much."

Words fail me tbh. :D

Really stupid post. Rafa is correct. It might sound bitter but he`s correct. Why were there 5 minutes of added time I`ll never know (brown envelope anyone!)...............but I suppose it was better than last time when they had 6!

We`ll take this at the bridge.

How does quoting a newspaper constitute a stupid post exactly? Take yer time. :blush:

Guest Stevie
What's Stevie on about then :D

http://www.lfchistory.net/viewgame.asp?game_id=2471

Liverpool 3 - 0 Portsmouth

Game Date :: 17.03.2004

Competition :: Premier League Stadium :: Anfield

Spectators :: 34,663

http://www.lfchistory.net/viewgame.asp?game_id=4867

Liverpool 1 - 1 Portsmouth

Game Date :: 14.12.2004

Spectators :: 35,064

Didn't mention average gates, but 33-34,000 for league games pathetic, notice against Pompey as well, note they had no bother getting 45,000 for their glory games against us and Man Utd. They all came flocking back after they won the CL though, funny that.

Didn't mention average gates, but 33-34,000 for league games pathetic, notice against Pompey as well, note they had no bother getting 45,000 for their glory games against us and Man Utd. They all came flocking back after they won the CL though, funny that.

Came flocking back after the CL is a bit ott even for someone like you. So we had a low gate for a couple of games, the average for 2004 was still 42, 706 and we are still 2nd in the all time attendances league.

Guest Stevie
To be fair, we always play the other side of the "average vs. individual gates" argument when people have a go at us about 10,000 against Oxford in 1990/91 and all that.

I don't I was there, 10,003 if I wasn't there, the people who didn't go had a legitimate reason, namely a boycott to get rid of Gordon McKeag, we won and the rest is history. We had been raped and pillaged for two decades, but people who jumped on the SKY bandwagon from various parts of the country obviously wouldn't know this.

They had no excuse, 33,000 3 years after a unique treble, because the team was ONLY fourth, they're a shit supported club, gloryhunting nobheads, if you look at how succesful they've been over the last 40 years, since 2000/2001 look at it this way, I bet they've had more league gates under 40,000 (paying cheaper prices) than we've had under 50,000.

Guest Stevie

Came flocking back after the CL is a bit ott even for someone like you. So we had a low gate for a couple of games, the average for 2004 was still 42, 706 and we are still 2nd in the all time attendances league.

Only because we spent 24 years of our existence in the second tier, as a club you haven't averaged over 50,000 in your history.

Edited by Stevie

Only because we spent 24 years of our existence in the second tier, as a club you haven't averaged over 50,000 in your history.

And in those 24 years you sure had some shit averages.

Are you saying then that Newcastle fans only started to fill the ground when it looked as though you might win something?

Guest Stevie

Are you saying then that Newcastle fans only started to fill the ground when it looked as though you might win something?

When have we looked like winning something? You couldn't even fill yours when you were the best side in Europe, which goes back to my point about you being a shit supported club. You come fourth and crowds dive down to 33,000 (IN THE SKY JESTERS HAT ERA TOO). You win the European Cup next thing you know there's 40 odd thousand for CL prelim games, as opposed to 28,000 CL gates just a few years earlier and 22,000 UEFA Cup gates.

To be fair, we always play the other side of the "average vs. individual gates" argument when people have a go at us about 10,000 against Oxford in 1990/91 and all that.

I don't I was there, 10,003 if I wasn't there, the people who didn't go had a legitimate reason, namely a boycott to get rid of Gordon McKeag, we won and the rest is history. We had been raped and pillaged for two decades, but people who jumped on the SKY bandwagon from various parts of the country obviously wouldn't know this.

They had no excuse, 33,000 3 years after a unique treble, because the team was ONLY fourth, they're a shit supported club, gloryhunting nobheads, if you look at how succesful they've been over the last 40 years, since 2000/2001 look at it this way, I bet they've had more league gates under 40,000 (paying cheaper prices) than we've had under 50,000.

And you've had far more under 30, 000 than we've had since the war. So what? Over the years both clubs in this city have been well supported. There've been bad times for both. We were very successful in the '80's but unemployment being as it was in this country at the time people had to make choices, it's not cheap to be in Europe every year.

When have we looked like winning something? You couldn't even fill yours when you were the best side in Europe, which goes back to my point about you being a shit supported club. You come fourth and crowds dive down to 33,000 (IN THE SKY JESTERS HAT ERA TOO). You win the European Cup next thing you know there's 40 odd thousand for CL prelim games, as opposed to 28,000 CL gates just a few years earlier and 22,000 UEFA Cup gates.

Again I'll say, we are still 2nd in the all time attendance league.

Guest Stevie

And you've had far more under 30, 000 than we've had since the war. So what? Over the years both clubs in this city have been well supported. There've been bad times for both. We were very successful in the '80's but unemployment being as it was in this country at the time people had to make choices, it's not cheap to be in Europe every year.

That might have something to do with the 15 league titles 7 FA Cups 7 League Cups 5 European Cups and 3 UEFA Cups you've won, opposed to being raped and pillaged by greedy directors for half a decade, with no success? Just a thought like....

Aye you were the only ones effected by unemployment, the North East was a workers Utopia wasn't it. 30,000 in Division Two 1984 NUFC, 31,000 Champions of England and Europe 1984 LFC.

Guest Stevie

Again I'll say, we are still 2nd in the all time attendance league.

Again I'll say only because of our 24 seasons out of the top flight.

That might have something to do with the 15 league titles 7 FA Cups 7 League Cups 5 European Cups and 3 UEFA Cups you've won, opposed to being raped and pillaged by greedy directors for half a decade, with no success? Just a thought like....

Aye you were the only ones effected by unemployment, the North East was a workers Utopia wasn't it. 30,000 in Division Two 1984 NUFC, 31,000 Champions of England and Europe 1984 LFC.

If you read my post I said unemployment in this country.

1984 has you down for another under 30,000, not by much but under all the same.

1984 for us meant getting to European games and final, League Cup games and final, and ordinary league games. I'm sure if we hadn't been fighting on 3 fronts all season our league attendances would have been higher but does it really matter all that much?

Guest Stevie

1984 for us meant getting to European games and final, League Cup games and final, and ordinary league games. I'm sure if we hadn't been fighting on 3 fronts all season our league attendances would have been higher but does it really matter all that much?

Oh dear, the fact you've quibbled over 189 people :D29,811

Must've been a right wrench going to all those high profile games, my heart bleeds for yous.

Oh dear, the fact you've quibbled over 189 people :D29,811

Must've been a right wrench going to all those high profile games, my heart bleeds for yous.

I get the impression you like to quibble over details.

It wan't a wrench at all, it was fantastic.

Aye, I know that man. I just meant that people can spin statistics however they want to.

If it helps, Torres, we've long since beat you to 3rd in the all-time Premier League attendance table and even the Mackems will pip you to 4th soon.

Hurts to be out-supported by a couple of two-bit north-eastern sides? Don't even talk to me about the Kop and YNWA and all that sad nonsense, go back to our game v. Barca in the CL and see what real support is like.

Liverpool in Benitez's era have been sad underacheivers, a one-trick pony if I ever saw one, and until he goes you guys will never recapture all of the glory that made you England's top club.

Guest Stevie
Did you know that Guyana is the only English-speaking country in mainland South America?

Aye but it's mostly creole English, we would find it hard to understand, like cunts in Singapore use "Singlish".

If it helps, Torres, we've long since beat you to 3rd in the all-time Premier League attendance table and even the Mackems will pip you to 4th soon.

Hurts to be out-supported by a couple of two-bit north-eastern sides? Don't even talk to me about the Kop and YNWA and all that sad nonsense, go back to our game v. Barca in the CL and see what real support is like.

Liverpool in Benitez's era have been sad underacheivers, a one-trick pony if I ever saw one, and until he goes you guys will never recapture all of the glory that made you England's top club.

Lovely post. :D

If that's the truth accross the pond it doesn't hurt at all to be honest. Well done.

I suppose you must be right about Rafa as well. Maybe we should have gone for Keegan.