Ashley demands showdown talks

Jimbo

Wise is unlikely to be in the best of moods, given that he will not be able to play in his annual charity golf day in Ealing.

:lol:

Tough shit ratboy....

"I'm not facking 'aapy Kev, i'm not!"

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's done to sell papers and generate hits. Nothing more imo.

That`s just wishful thinking. :lol:

Still off to Moscow btw? :lol:

I`m waiting for Rome next year...................it`ll only be our third time winning it there! :lol:

That's just wishful thinking.

You`re talking from experience I suppose......... :lol:

Guest alex

I`m waiting for Rome next year...................it`ll only be our third time winning it there! :lol:

No, I'm taking the piss out of you.

No, I'm taking the piss out of you.

Oh!

How the article would have looked if Freddie Shepherd hadn't supplied it....

Kevin Keegan has been invited to London today for a chat with amiable Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley. Sportsmail understands the manager was asked to switch his pre-match press conference to today so that he can meet the billionaire and Dennis Wise, the club's executive director (football).

Ashley was said to be in agreement with Keegan's comments following Monday's game against Chelsea, not least those directed at him.

Keegan complained that no club outside the top 4 could get enough financial backing to break into the top four of the Barclays Premier League and joked (as many people in football have previously) that a relationship with the owners is always fine as long as they never spoke.

What is said to impress Ashley is how much sense there is in Keegan's position which remains unchanged since the day he returned to the club in January. Not only did Ashley arrive at Keegan's first match wearing a shirt with the manager's name across his back, but Keegan described Ashley as the perfect football club owner and someone the club should endeavour to keep.

Keegan will now be asked how much money he wants in a meeting that will plot the path of the next 3 years at the club, but could never in a million years be so explosive that it ends with the 'Geordie Messiah' leaving St James' Park for a second time.

As Sportsmail lied yesterday, Keegan's relationship with his employers has reached breaking point. Not only is he not frustrated by what he sees as a lack of ambition and a reluctance to secure the services of Michael Owen on a long-term contract, but he believes football decisions are entirely his.

A major help is the fact that Wise and Tony Jimenez, the club vice-president who is in charge of player recruitment, seem to share Keegan's philosophy when it comes to rebuilding the squad.

Keegan wants the finished article but only a mong would also want players who don't increase in value once they move to Newcastle.

Keegan missed training yesterday, such a rare occurrence since he succeeded Sam Allardyce that it sparked baseless stories that Keegan might already have quit, poorly researched but presented as fact across the media. However, it was later suggested that he was struggling to cope with an ear infection and Fleet street was made to look like the amateur unit shifters they are.

Sources close to Keegan are bewlidered by the suggestion he might resign, not least because he has recently stated how optimistic and excited he is by the challenge of taking the club into Europe next year, but tomorrow's meeting could yet produce much hilarity as Mort, mAshley and Keegan laugh at Martin Samuel over a friendly drink or two.

Wise is unlikely to be in the best of moods, given that he will not be able to play in his annual charity golf day in Ealing. But he's well paid for doing his job, and will have no complaints about actually being there.

It also emerged yesterday that the Newcastle players were very pleased by Keegan's comments on Monday. The fact that he said they would not be a top four side in the three years that represent his current agreement bouyed the players who had thought there might be a clearout in the summer.

They are satisfied not only that the ambition of the club is greater than under any of the 3 previous managers both in terms of style and results, but a resurgence of belief in them. Keegans belief that the players can actually pass to one another was met with trepadation and a continued run of poor form after his arrival, but the entire approach has since been transformed and results have been better than anyone could hope, having lost only once in the last nine games to Champions League finalists Chelsea.

Edited by Happy Face

Considered the possibility that there's some truth in this? No smoke without a fire.

What about smoke machines?

300px-TheMightyBooshHowardMoon.png

None story especially with Robson's charity dinner taking place. They've totally misinterpreted Keegan's comments tbh I think what he was meaning was that with how far teams like Chelsea are ahead we can't catch up in the few years he has left, his comment about not getting enough funding are correct imo he might get £75m or something which is brilliant but we'd have to spend near £300m to catch up with Chelsea because they've been spending at least £50m a window since Abramovic arrived. He's just trying to calm people down for next season, people got a bit excited with the unbeaten run and the Chelsea match has shown the stark contrast in class between the top 3 (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal) and us.

Considered the possibility that there's some truth in this? No smoke without a fire.

None story especially with Robson's charity dinner taking place. They've totally misinterpreted Keegan's comments tbh I think what he was meaning was that with how far teams like Chelsea are ahead we can't catch up in the few years he has left, his comment about not getting enough funding are correct imo he might get £75m or something which is brilliant but we'd have to spend near £300m to catch up with Chelsea because they've been spending at least £50m a window since Abramovic arrived. He's just trying to calm people down for next season, people got a bit excited with the unbeaten run and the Chelsea match has shown the stark contrast in class between the top 3 (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal) and us.

Chelsea were 4th when Roman arrived and he's spent £438M to keep them in that group.

It'll be a long time and lots of money before we're even in the position Chelsea were back in 2003.

Chelsea were 4th when Roman arrived and he's spent £438M to keep them in that group.

It'll be a long time and lots of money before we're even in the position Chelsea were back in 2003.

I agree with you it's crazy how far we've fallen back since then.

Edited by Barton7

I wonder if this is Kev repeating his "It's not like it was in the brochure" tactic that he used to get Sir John Hall to open his wallet?

thats exactly how it seems to me , but not to that extent .

he doesnt want to stay here and not have a crack at it , he was brought in to have a go ! he'll want proper funding todo that , and a remark about the clubs ambition and that the owner couldnt give me enough cash , is a sure fire way to get past mort and speak to ashley directly about the club .

i think he's felt restricted with mort , mort will be under orders not to lose money , kev will know he needs to speak to ashley first hand to get some serious investment .

only good will come from this .

It really isn't.

Keegan Knows if he had £500M at his disposal it wouldn't break Newcastle into the top four next year. That's all he's saying.

Well I think it is :lol:

Aye because we can't attract the quality of player.

What's the situation with you xbox atm it says mine should be back next week.

It really isn't.

Keegan Knows if he had £500M at his disposal it wouldn't break Newcastle into the top four next year. That's all he's saying.

i dont see it like that tbh , it was only 5 year ago we were in their .

It really isn't.

Exactly. It's like the soldiers arriving at the concentration camps, they wanted to feed the skeletal inmates up, fill their bellies so they'd feel better, but couldn't as their stomachs couldn't handle it. They had to be slowly weened from a few spoons of gruel, to soup, to porridge, to mash, to bread, to proper meat over time.

Just checked the xbox and apparently "Repair Status: Device Shipped to Customer" :lol:

I'm off to buy GTA4 at lunch time.

It really isn't.

It takes longer to climb a cliff than to fall off it though.

It really isn't.

Alot has changed in 5 years also

It really isn't.

Alot has changed in 5 years also

not as much that is being made tobe . we are not as far off as keegan is saying , he himself will know that , decent investment over a couple of year and we could be back in there !

i think kev thought he wasnt gonna get that kind of investment over the 3 year tho .

Guest alex

Agree with Hadrian like. Much the same was made of Robson's hiatus from the English game. There has been a change - particularly with Chelsea / Abramovich, obviously.

Agree with Hadrian like. Much the same was made of Robson's hiatus from the English game. There has been a change - particularly with Chelsea / Abramovich, obviously.

Didn't Robson take two or three years to get us in the champions league himself, Pre-Roman/Pre-Glazers/Pre-Hicks&Gillet?

That's just dry ice.

It really isn't.

Exactly. It's like the soldiers arriving at the concentration camps, they wanted to feed the skeletal inmates up, fill their bellies so they'd feel better, but couldn't as their stomachs couldn't handle it. They had to be slowly weened from a few spoons of gruel, to soup, to porridge, to mash, to bread, to proper meat over time.

Just checked the xbox and apparently "Repair Status: Device Shipped to Customer" :lol:

I'm off to buy GTA4 at lunch time.

with 500mil of course he could attract the top quality players. all the players are bothered about is how much they wil get paid

It really isn't.

If he had twice that he wouldn`t make the top 8.