Gas Cooker

spongebob toonpants

I wasn't kidding in my first post about it being a 'push and turn fitting. As long as it's a new cooker and there is no damage to the hose there shouldn't be a problem with doing it yourself. If your not sure just do it then ring the gas board and tell them you can smell gas, they'll check it for free.

40486[/snapback]

Theres a plan. Good man

If you DIY it and something goes wrong the insurance company won't pay you for any damage, the law will do you and you will be sued shitless by others

Gas is something you shouldn't f*** about with - it can kill you and your family very very easily if you get it wrong (remember all those dodgy gas heaters in Spain?).

Just pay the money FFS - they have the kit to do it right AND check its OK afterwards

40471[/snapback]

Aaawww Dad :D

40479[/snapback]

He's right though and SLP should heed this advice too. I'd be pretty pissed off if my neighbour blew up my house because they were too tight to get a Corgi registered fitter in.

40483[/snapback]

To be fair, I knew the landlord was sending a CORGI registered gas bloke the next week to check the boiler for the gas certificate, so I just got him to check the cooker while he was there. I made myself sound bigger and cleverer that I am. :lol:

Spongebob, please tell me you were fishing here??

You would be crazy imo to fuck about with gas.

I remember a fellow who was 'fucking around' with some gas work in his house in Monkseaton around five years ago.

BOOM!!! Destroyed the whole house and insurance refused to pay.

There now stands a new house where the old one was.

OK so I told myself be sensible and get somebody in, so I went to the Corgi homepage typed in my postcode and rang the first number on the list. £85 + vat +parts, but at least a two week wait. So I say to the bloke, off the record like, how hard is it. His advice, its simple just make sure you use a new hose  :D

40665[/snapback]

I rest my case

:lol:

So I say to the bloke, off the record like, how hard is it. His advice, its simple just make sure you use a new hose  :blink:

40665[/snapback]

Sounds kinky. :lol: Just make sure you don't end up in A&E cos the hose is too small.... :D

New cooker has been delivered. Ive rung four corgi registered yellow pages numbers, 3 answer phones/one has answered - "three weeks mate, if its a bayonet cap just do it yourself"

Ive had a look, I got as far as turning the gas of at the mains and pulling it away from the wall when the haunted look of terror on my daughters face made me pause.

It does look bloody simple though.

I am going to try the Friday Ad :D:lol::blink::)

OK common sense has won, finding a little bag of brass things I didnt know what to do with in the instruction booklet clinched it. Proffesional on his way round.

Cleaning behind the cooker was fun. Jesus theres some things in there I never want to see again.

41557[/snapback]

Awwww spoilsport!

Does that mean I dont get to use this pic then?

sponge_explode.jpg

OK common sense has won, finding a little bag of brass things I didnt know what to do with in the instruction booklet clinched it. Proffesional on his way round.

Cleaning behind the cooker was fun. Jesus theres some things in there I never want to see again.

41557[/snapback]

My auntie was having a new kitchen fitted a while ago and while they were pulling out the new one they found the budgie they'd assumed had flown out of the back door 10 years earlier. :blink::lol:

41557[/snapback]

Awwww spoilsport!

sponge_explode.jpg

41627[/snapback]

:lol::blink::D:):rolleyes:<_<

Awwww spoilsport!

sponge_explode.jpg

41627[/snapback]

Great pic :lol:

That would have been a fantastic front page for Alreet!

Typical of the sponge to spoil things :blink: He owes you a pint, I would say.

41557[/snapback]

Awwww spoilsport!

sponge_explode.jpg

41627[/snapback]

:lol::blink::D

thats so good :)