Transfer Gossip

Tom

I honestly can't see why people are worried about these Spurs links nor can I see why Torres finds them so amusing,well after having a go at a few on here for preferring Man United over the bin dippers.

If Tottenham want to throw their money about let them because in the end they always manage to fuck it up lately, well apart from that first 5th finish, their highest finish in the premier league. The second fifth finish they should have had fourth.

You can't predict a solid spot for a team this far ahead of the game. Jol got them their 5th places not Ramos - whose league form wasn't amazing.

If we are going to play silly games like that why not go on the fact that towards the end of the season we were pretty much top of the form table with Keegan, just behind Chelsea.

We have a good squad and a good manager, a ground full every week.

There will be money, I can pretty much guarantee it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs are reaping the benefit of sound financial planning over the last few years.

Our wage bill is also relatively low in comparison to turnover (45%) which is eclipsed by West Ham, Arsenal and yourselves.

We dont have an endless pot of cash but shrewed transfer dealings over the last few years have ensured we are doing alright.

Dos Santos is a very promising player, as is modric but as we all know nothing is guaranteed in this life, we may not end up in fifth....

We may get fourth :D:nufc:

Er... currently you're 1 place above us. Big spending this summer might help you, but equally you could find yourself in a very similar position to this season, and if you're not careful in a similar financial position to which the last board left us.

Fifth 2 seasons on the bounce and a cup in the cabinet this year. Anyway, that wasn't my point.

The reason we have money to spend is we sell out pretty much every game, we have a sensible wage ceiling 50K/week (and thats just for the big boys) and very little debt to service.

Now we have a half decent manager in place hopefully we are going places.

None of which contradicts anything I said. :scratchchin:

No offence Fop, but you are quite a bit behind in real terms.

We'll have to see next season, not that I expect Newcastle to be challenging the Top 4 either.

I honestly can't see why people are worried about these Spurs links nor can I see why Torres finds them so amusing,well after having a go at a few on here for preferring Man United over the bin dippers.

If Tottenham want to throw their money about let them because in the end they always manage to fuck it up lately, well apart from that first 5th finish, their highest finish in the premier league. The second fifth finish they should have had fourth.

You can't predict a solid spot for a team this far ahead of the game. Jol got them their 5th places not Ramos - whose league form wasn't amazing.

If we are going to play silly games like that why not go on the fact that towards the end of the season we were pretty much top of the form table with Keegan, just behind Chelsea.

I had a go cause some cretin posted a picture of Alex Fergusscum with the CL trophy on a Newcastle forum. It was posted to antagonize me. I felt you and the cretin who posted it let you club down badly with weak arguments, and embarrassed yourselves having to use the scum to have a pop at me. Says very little for your club..................and I stand buy what I said. You should be ashamed to stoop so low.

I had a go cause some cretin posted a picture of Alex Fergusscum with the CL trophy on a Newcastle forum. It was posted to antagonize me. I felt you and the cretin who posted it let you club down badly with weak arguments, and embarrassed yourselves having to use the scum to have a pop at me. Says very little for your club..................and I stand buy what I said. You should be ashamed to stoop so low.

:nufc:

That cretin........... :D:scratchchin:

The Majority of your posts are to antagonize Toontastic posters. I was winding you up in that thread and it worked and about stooping low , why exactly do you come on a Newcastle forum without fail every day?

You are the worst wind up merchant we have.

You can give it but you cant take it.

The Majority of your posts are to antagonize Toontastic posters. I was winding you up in that thread and it worked and about stooping low , why exactly do you come on a Newcastle forum without fail every day?

You are the worst wind up merchant we have.

You can give it but you cant take it.

Ouch...............touchy! I don`t come on everyday, and if I see that it`s not allowed or am asked not to by the owner, I won`t.

You did embarrass yourself and the club in that post though.

Ouch...............touchy! I don`t come on everyday, and if I see that it`s not allowed or am asked not to by the owner, I won`t.

Get off the wind up and keep it out of this thread.

I don't come on here to talk to Liverpool fans on the wind up and neither does anybody else.

Improve your crack or ship out.

Guest alex
Are you taking the piss btw Torres?

About what?

Well I didn't think you were capable of self-parody to that degree, so I was just checking.

I don't come on here to talk to Liverpool fans on the wind up and neither does anybody else.

You just admitted to winding me up....................and behave like a bitch when you get it back.

Mighty cool of you :nufc:

You just admitted to winding me up....................and behave like a bitch when you get it back.

Mighty cool of you :nufc:

I wound you up once.

You do it every day.

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Tottenham have agreed a £12m deal for Barcelona's Mexican 19-year-old wonderkid Giovanni Dos Santos. (The Sun)

Manchester City defender Richard Dunne is also on the brink of signing a £5m deal at Tottenham, a move that could spark a player exodus from Eastlands. (Daily Express)

And Man City midfield playmaker Michael Johnson, 20, is a shock £8m target for Everton. (The Sun)

Wigan striker Emilie Heskey is a surprise transfer target for FA Cup winners Portsmouth. (Daily Star)

But Jermaine Defoe is desperate for Liverpool striker and £10m Portsmouth target Peter Crouch to join him at Fratton Park. (Daily Express)

Ipswich look set to sign Man City striker Emile Mpenza, 28, on a free transfer. (Daily Star)

Norwegian club Stabaek's Ghanaian midfielder Anthony Annan is a £3m target for Blackburn, Bolton and Middlesbrough (The Sun)

Fulham flop Chris Baird is set for a move back to Southampton. (Daily Express)

Arsenal expect to complete the £12.8m signing of Marseille's attacking midfielder Samir Nasri before next week, according to the player's agent Jean-Pierre Bernes. (The Times)

Wigan will have to wait another month before they learn whether they can sign striker Amr Zaki on loan from Egyptian club Zamalek. (The Times)

OTHER GOSSIP

Liverpool plan to give star striker Fernando Torres a £4m pay rise. The extra £400,000-a-year is designed to see off interest from Chelsea. (The Sun)

England boss Fabio Capello is considering giving Stephen Gerrard another crack at skippering the side, against Trinidad & Tobago on Sunday, as he moves towards appointing a full-time captain. (Daily Star)

But Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry is believed to be in with a shout of wearing the captain's armband against the Caribbean side after impressing as he came off the bench in the 2-0 victory over the United States. (Various)

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez hopes to persuade Argentinean midfielder Javier Mascherano to snub playing at the Beijing Olympics. (The Sun)

Cesc Fabregas looks certain to sign a bumper new deal at Arsenal after committing himself to the club for at least one more season. (Daily Star)

AND FINALLY

One of England's most popular footballers - a Premier League star and England international - owes a staggering £1m in gambling debts. (Daily Express)

Reading star Stephen Hunt's £5m move to Sunderland has hit a snag - after he refused to discuss his future before he gets married in his native Ireland on Friday... and then completes his honeymoon in mid-June. (Various)

Wales's players visited the Blue Lagoon - an Icelandic tourist attraction - as an earthquake which registered 6.1 on the Richter scale struck the day after the team's 1-0 victory over Iceland in Reykjavik. (The Times)

Seriously torres, you're about three rungs lower than hotmail account spam.

Go buy some penis enlarging cream and hope it works, maybe then you'll be just adequate.

Sorry torres I was wrong.

Even if it does grow larger, you'll always be inadequate.

Edited by sammynb

For a supposed supporter of Liverpool Torres sure does have a high post count on Newcastle Utd forum, I think he's in love with us really.

For a supposed supporter of Liverpool Torres sure does have a high post count on Newcastle Utd forum, I think he's in love with us really.

I think he is a cocksucker overdue a kicking.

+1

Guest alex

Stick a wink on the end at least.

Stick a wink on the end at least.

Spurs are reaping the benefit of sound financial planning over the last few years.

Our wage bill is also relatively low in comparison to turnover (45%) which is eclipsed by West Ham, Arsenal and yourselves.

We dont have an endless pot of cash but shrewed transfer dealings over the last few years have ensured we are doing alright.

Dos Santos is a very promising player, as is modric but as we all know nothing is guaranteed in this life, we may not end up in fifth....

We may get fourth :scratchchin::nufc:

Why are Barca letting Dos Santos go?

It will take a while for Modric to acclimatise to the PL. I wouldn't expect too much from him first season.

It will take a while for Modric to acclimatise to the PL. I wouldn't expect too much from him first season.

Why did Barca let Fabregas go?

Of course its a gamble mate, every transfer is but he has the tools to do the job but he will never start for them with the attacking taslent they have at their disposal.

Why did Barca let Fabregas go?

Of course its a gamble mate, every transfer is but he has the tools to do the job but he will never start for them with the attacking taslent they have at their disposal.

How much is Dos Santos? My worries about him is that he just is soooo tiny. Very skillful player agreed.

Commolli totally fucked up transfer wise last season, so we'll see.