Today's EURO matches

Besty

Simple as - Don't use racist terminology on Toontastic.

What is racist terminology?

I could say to Isegrim, "how do you think the Krauts will do against the Kebab munchers" he wouldn't give a fuck, the same as I wouldn't for being called a rosbif, or an island monkey, which is what the krauts call us. So how do you define what is racist? Surely if it's not offensive it's not racist.

do you like kebabs ? I do.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind what foreign cunts call us to be honest, why would we care???? What would you rather be called Roast Beef or a Frog, Roast Beef is lovely. I was speaking to this yank at work the other day and he couldn't believe the fact that I didn't know what state his home town of St Louis was. Why the fuck should I know, I've got absolutely no interest in America, and will happily admit I know fuck all about the place. They wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for us. Call me xenophobic, but if there was just us in the world on this island, I would deal with it a lot better than most people.

:lol::blush::D:P

Tonight proved there is justice in football. Shearer said at half time "I'd rather watch that film that's been advertised than watch Italy in the second half" and he's right. They are the biggest blight on world football there is. Seriously if the only football on earth was Italian, I would try and become passionate about another sport. They are complete scum, boring, defensive, corrupt, arrogant, cheating, cowardly cunts. Platini picks on England all the time, I think he should pick on the wops, they are a disgrace and should be thrown out of European football, who would fucking miss them? They are shit, I'm delighted, I really am. That wop that rolled back on the pitch when he was injured summed a whole nation up not just in football but in life too.

I echo your dislike for the Italians Stevie... but go easy with the bits in bold.

In fairness from the derivation of the word, it's no worse than the French calling the British "the roast beefs/les rosbifs" (welsh political hysteria aside), I suspect you'd get a much, much worse reaction off them by calling them motherfuckers.

_39046187_etaples203.jpg

Thanks for the input Fop, but we don't need advice on how to mod this place... :D

It's a racist term which I'm suggest some people may find offensive and I've asked Stevie not to use it. If someone French came on here calling the English (:lol:) "les rosbifs", they'd too be asked to refrain from using it.

OK with you? :P

As long as I can carry on dissing Aussies and Yanks. :blush:

Tonight proved there is justice in football. Shearer said at half time "I'd rather watch that film that's been advertised than watch Italy in the second half" and he's right. They are the biggest blight on world football there is. Seriously if the only football on earth was Italian, I would try and become passionate about another sport. They are complete scum, boring, defensive, corrupt, arrogant, cheating, cowardly cunts. Platini picks on England all the time, I think he should pick on the wops, they are a disgrace and should be thrown out of European football, who would fucking miss them? They are shit, I'm delighted, I really am. That wop that rolled back on the pitch when he was injured summed a whole nation up not just in football but in life too.

I echo your dislike for the Italians Stevie... but go easy with the bits in bold.

In fairness from the derivation of the word, it's no worse than the French calling the British "the roast beefs/les rosbifs" (welsh political hysteria aside), I suspect you'd get a much, much worse reaction off them by calling them motherfuckers.

_39046187_etaples203.jpg

Thanks for the input Fop, but we don't need advice on how to mod this place... :blush:

It's a racist term which I'm suggest some people may find offensive and I've asked Stevie not to use it. If someone French came on here calling the English (:lol:) "les rosbifs", they'd too be asked to refrain from using it.

OK with you? :D

I don't mind what foreign cunts call us to be honest, why would we care???? What would you rather be called Roast Beef or a Frog, Roast Beef is lovely. I was speaking to this yank at work the other day and he couldn't believe the fact that I didn't know what state his home town of St Louis was. Why the fuck should I know, I've got absolutely no interest in America, and will happily admit I know fuck all about the place. They wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for us. Call me xenophobic, but if there was just us in the world on this island, I would deal with it a lot better than most people.

Queen still owns Manhattan island and German Jewish banks own the whole country FACT NOT FICTION. [thoughtaboutsafetywink/]

I could say to Isegrim, "how do you think the Krauts will do against the Kebab munchers" he wouldn't give a fuck, the same as I wouldn't for being called a rosbif, or an island monkey, which is what the krauts call us. So how do you define what is racist? Surely if it's not offensive it's not racist.

I would put it down as basic slang that simply shouldn't be there. Call Isegrim a Kraut and perhaps he wont be offended, perhaps he will. However, It's unnecessary to have basic abbreviations that may or may not be offensive. We aren't calling the thought police on this one but it's simple enough to avoid using works like 'paki/chinki/wop' etc.

Theres always the potential to offend and that's what we would like to avoid to make the board an overall friendlier place.

So please do :lol:

Guest Stevie
Is it alright if I refer to the English on the board as Limeys? :lol:

The thing is though from my point of view, I've got nothing against you as a person, but if America didn't exist I'd barely notice or care, so whatever names foreigners have for us however derogatory they are, I simply don't care because to me you as a country don't count, and I have no interest in how you think or how your peoples perceptions of things are. Insignificant to me, that's what I mean so I could never take offence as a Geordie and an Englishman.

Edited by Stevie

Guest Stevie

I would put it down as basic slang that simply shouldn't be there. Call Isegrim a Kraut and perhaps he wont be offended, perhaps he will. However, It's unnecessary to have basic abbreviations that may or may not be offensive. We aren't calling the thought police on this one but it's simple enough to avoid using works like 'paki/chinki/wop' etc.

Theres always the potential to offend and that's what we would like to avoid to make the board an overall friendlier place.

So please do :lol:

Calling someone a paki is considered racist though and the Asian people take offence to it, especially the ones who aren't even Pakistani, so you don't use it, the krauts don't care though so I don't see why it's offensive to call someone a kraut.

The thing is though from my point of view, I've got nothing against you as a person, but if America didn't exist I'd barely notice or care, so whatever names foreigners have for us however derogatory they are, I simply don't care because to me you as a country don't care, and I have no interest in how you think or how your peoples perceptions of things are. Insignificant to me, that's what I mean so I could never take offence as a Geordie and an Englishman.

:blush:

I wonder why the English are often perceived as being arrogant though.

It's the default option. Don't leave the French out ffs! Try asking directions in Paris me old mucker.

Guest Stevie

Arrogant?? Compared to some??? For arrogance see those bastards on the telly last night. Also my example of the yank, I wouldn't expect a foreigner to know what fucking county Stoke is in!

Arrogant?? Compared to some??? For arrogance see those bastards on the telly last night. Also my example of the yank, I wouldn't expect a foreigner to know what fucking county Stoke is in!

I've met Americans who think Paris is in London. :lol:

It's the default option. Don't leave the French out ffs! Try asking directions in Paris me old mucker.

I've never had any problems when I've been to Paris. They're normally alright so long as you try to speak they're language a bit.

So please do :blush:

That's the thing the "Italian one" actually has far more in common with Limey or Kraut as a ethnic slur (and all three clearly are that, to some degree or other) than the others you mention. It's a very grey line at best. :lol:

Call an Italian a motherfucker however and I suspect you'll be lucky to get away without them trying to kill you. :D

No, that's England that's in London.

Guest Stevie

I've never had any problems when I've been to Paris. They're normally alright so long as you try to speak they're language a bit.

"Howw garcon trois beers owa here bonny lad." Worked as well.

The English are canny arrogant imo. Not everyone, obviously, but it's a stereotype based on more than a grain of truth if we're doing national stereotypes.

So please do :blush:

That's the thing the "Italian one" actually has far more in common with Limey or Kraut as a ethnic slur (and all three clearly are that, to some degree or other) than the others you mention. It's a very grey line at best. :lol:

Call an Italian a motherfucker however and I suspect you'll be lucky to get away without them trying to kill you. :P

It's not really a debate.

Avoid using those words on toontastic.:D

I met one who told me he'd been up to Scandinavia. It turned out to be Edinburgh. :blush:

The thing is though from my point of view, I've got nothing against you as a person, but if America didn't exist I'd barely notice or care, so whatever names foreigners have for us however derogatory they are, I simply don't care because to me you as a country don't care, and I have no interest in how you think or how your peoples perceptions of things are. Insignificant to me, that's what I mean so I could never take offence as a Geordie and an Englishman.

It was meant as a joke. My fiancee (who is English) finds the concept of the term "Limey" as being derogatory funny considering it is a term used when the English figured out how to fight scurvy.

As for your views on the US: to clarify, are you saying that since the US doesn't care (as a nation) than you don't care about us?

If that is the case that is perfectly acceptable. The reasons that I stand up (when it comes to the American/Yank thing) is the stereotyping that usually comes along with it.

Guest Stevie

The English are canny arrogant imo. Not everyone, obviously, but it's a stereotype based on more than a grain of truth if we're doing national stereotypes.

It's difficult to imagine a country who takes the piss out of itself as much as what we do, that is humility defined as fair as I'm concerned.

It was meant as a joke. My fiancee (who is English) finds the concept of the term "Limey" as being derogatory funny considering it is a term used when the English figured out how to fight scurvy.

As for your views on the US: to clarify, are you saying that since the US doesn't care (as a nation) than you don't care about us?

If that is the case that is perfectly acceptable. The reasons that I stand up (when it comes to the American/Yank thing) is the stereotyping that usually comes along with it.

Us English don't do irony.

It's difficult to imagine a country who takes the piss out of itself as much as what we do, that is humility defined as fair as I'm concerned.

You spend half your time going on about your distaste for the majority of England then you get all defensive about it in the face of any mildy critical observations.