the weekly hang em flog em debate

sweetleftpeg

With reference to Hoare, I would have some concerns about changing the law because of one particular case. Generally, I don't think it's a very good idea. I would however question why a serial sex offender serving life was allowed weekend leave (I think this is when he bought the ticket). I would also worry about whether someone like this can ever be rehabilitated and if they should ever be let out. Other than killing kids, rape is just about the worst crime you can commit IMO.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Or put to building new ones....so there is your answer as to who pays for it ..."

So how much are YOU willing to pay in increased taxs?  EXACTLY???

Put up or shut up........................

45381[/snapback]

aaahhh divvent tell me to shut up laddie...you have no idea if I am prepared to put up or not...

answer the questions .

Standard answer from the I'm all right Jack and woolly eyed do gooders..hide behind statistics without answering the questions

You just don't care do you, apart from when someone shits in your own nest like McKeag did, who also broke no laws

45389[/snapback]

Answer the question............. how much are YOU willing to pay in extra tax?

and the problem with "statistics" is that they exist - its your problem to explain them away not just to say they're "bogus " (= they don't support your mad ravings)

God forbid you'd let the facts have any influence over your ideas eh?

As for Hoare in my street I'd rather have him (who we know about) than people like you all set to start the Third Reich again TBH

Edited by Rob W

With reference to Hoare, I would have some concerns about changing the law because of one particular case. Generally, I don't think it's a very good idea. I would however question why a serial sex offender serving life was allowed weekend leave (I think this is when he bought the ticket). I would also worry about whether someone like this can ever be rehabilitated and if they should ever be let out. Other than killing kids, rape is just about the worst crime you can commit IMO.

45392[/snapback]

What about good old fashioned killing adults?

The thing about rape it is, like any other crime, a continuum, ranging from brutal attacks to someone not stopping when the women says no.

Yes, I am just being arguementative for the sake of it....

45392[/snapback]

The thing about rape it is, like any other crime, a continuum, ranging from brutal attacks to someone not stopping when the women says no.

45421[/snapback]

Do you have your own opinions or do you just wait for mine and disagree?

:razz:

45392[/snapback]

45421[/snapback]

Do you have your own opinions or do you just wait for mine and disagree?

:razz:

45424[/snapback]

The funny thing is I agree with most things you say, but only post when I disagree - the same goes for anyone else.

On issues like this though, I'd rather sit on the fence for the most part.

Btw, did anyone see on the news that bloke that was tortured to death by a couple of pikey charvers because they thoght he was a paedophile, wrongly as it happens? Shocking case, they should never be released.

You stated in your previous post that you were just being argumentative for the sake of it though. That was a pretty obvious and unneccessary footnote though. As soon as I typed it I half expected a "What about mass murder" or "What about genocide" comment from you. Very predictable tbh.

They probably read the "Sun"

Thats the problem - Leazes attitude leads to action outside the Law - and where does THAT stop?

At Dachau, in the Kola camps, in lynch mobs

Thats the problem - Leazes attitude leads to action outside the Law - and where does THAT stop?

45432[/snapback]

Actually, they were so poorly educated they were pracically illiterate - even to the extent that the Sun would be difficult for them to read. You're right though, the tabloid blood lust wouldn't have helped - remember that paediatrician that was attacked in Liverpool? A direct result of ignorance and tabloid journalism.

There are no simple solutions to soceity's problems, anyone who thinks there is is dangerous imo. Nobody has the right to take the law into their own hands either, but with the perceived ineffectiveness of the police, you can see why some do.

As in the moto of the Shetland Islands

Með lögum skal land byggja (By law shall the land be built up)

which comes form a Norwegian King 's statement

"With law shall the kingdom be built up, and with law-lessness wasted away"

45392[/snapback]

Well, a proper response..unlike Rob. I know you aren't so big on this as me Alex.

However, even if he commits ONE more offence, it's one too many, thats the way I look at it mate, and no amount of Robs statistics can disguise that fact. I'd like to say the comments he makes about building prisons and paying to keep such scum in are amusing ..how do you put a price on such a thing....flies in the face of his post on the board about Thatcher the witch who put a price on everything...maybe he's a secret Thatcherite, certainly an attitude like that has all the hallmarks

Rape and killing kids are both the hallmarks of as big scumbags as you can imagine, anyone defenceless...I just think they deserve everything they get

Edited by LeazesMag

45392[/snapback]

Well, a proper response..unlike Rob. I know you aren't so big on this as me Alex.

However, even if he commits ONE more offence, it's one too many, thats the way I look at it mate, and no amount of Robs statistics can disguise that fact.

Rape and killing kids are both the hallmarks of as big scumbags as you can imagine, anyone defenceless...I just think they deserve everything they get

45584[/snapback]

I would however, love to see the luck on his face if the law was changed and all his victims sued the cunt 'til he was broke.

45432[/snapback]

as usual. A ZZZZZZZZ nothing reply.

"one strike and your out!"

Presumably you didn't have a Christian upbringing then...................

45588[/snapback]

Nooooo, please don't take the debate in that direction :razz:

45589[/snapback]

Too late. ;)

45588[/snapback]

pathetic response Rob. BTW I edited the other post...like to see your response if it was one strike on someone you love, don't you agree, another question which won't be answered. What would you say then ?

If someone I know was raped, I'd probably want to kill whoever did it. That wouldn't make it right though. That said, for some crimes, I think one strike and you're out is acceptable. Depedning on circumstances etc. Hoare didn't just do it once though, so personally, I'd chuck away the key.

45588[/snapback]

pathetic response Rob. BTW I edited the other post...like to see your response if it was one strike on someone you love, don't you agree, another question which won't be answered. What would you say then ?

45597[/snapback]

what's "pathetic" about it?? You didn't answer this question either - its becoming a habit mate

as for a "first strike on my family" I would hope the criminal was caught and punished - but I'm not into revenge - that way lies lunacy

NOW - answer my question............................... are you a Christian or not?

45588[/snapback]

45597[/snapback]

what's "pathetic" about it?? You didn't answer this question either - its becoming a habit mate

as for a "first strike on my family" I would hope the criminal was caught and punished - but I'm not into revenge - that way lies lunacy

NOW - answer my question............................... are you a Christian or not?

45609[/snapback]

of course...are you a muslim ?

Or/and are you a closet Thatcherite, seeing as you think the safety of the public has a price in monetary terms .....

You still haven't answered the question about Hoare BTW, do you think this is a man who is a danger to the public, or do you think it is alright for a danger to the public to be at large ?

Edited by LeazesMag

If someone I know was raped, I'd probably want to kill whoever did it. That wouldn't make it right though. That said, for some crimes, I think one strike and you're out is acceptable. Depedning on circumstances etc. Hoare didn't just do it once though, so personally, I'd chuck away the key.

45607[/snapback]

Absolutely spot on Alex.

It would be interesting to know how the ladies on here feel about these potential rapists at large ?

45588[/snapback]

Nooooo, please don't take the debate in that direction ;)

45589[/snapback]

Too late. :icon_lol:

45595[/snapback]

It's gonna last forever me thinks :razz:

45588[/snapback]

45597[/snapback]

45609[/snapback]

Or/and are you a closet Thatcherite, seeing as you think the safety of the public has a price in monetary terms .....

You still haven't answered the question about Hoare BTW, do you think this is a man who is a danger to the public, or do you think it is alright for a danger to the public to be at large ?

45722[/snapback]

I thought it was clear but

YES I THINK THIS MAN IS NOT A DANGER TO THE PUBLIC

now, answer MY questions, please, or shut up

45588[/snapback]

45597[/snapback]

45609[/snapback]

45722[/snapback]

I thought it was clear but

YES I THINK THIS MAN IS NOT A DANGER TO THE PUBLIC

now, answer MY questions, please, or shut up

45823[/snapback]

divvent tell me to shut up bonny lad.

And you are of course entitled to your opinion, we will see. It doesn't stop you being a closet Thatcherite though for putting monetary value on safety.....I'm so pleased by seeing him free you have absolutely zero consideration for the life sentence and anguish of his victims

I also asked you if you were a muslim ?