Given on his way?

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given is better than Harper like. I critiscise Given quite a bit for his refusal to come of his line to command his area but he is better than Harper. Hasn't been the same since he was clobbered at West Ham though. Might be confidence, might be that his injury needs more work.

We are a fickle lot aren't we!?

Best Toon keeper we have ever had (certainly in my lifetime). The grass isnt always greener.

However, I did always think that Harper and Given in the late 90s were equally matched but Shay became better and better with games whereas Harps never got a chance.

Since Harper has come in he has been more than solid (Didn't the 2 periods he got in the team this coincide with 2 good runs?) . I would start Harper as No 1 this season. If Given isnt happy about that then I would let him go and promote Krul or Forster as No 2.

He has given us great service and I would give him a good send off.

There's no room for sentiment in football though at the end of the day.

Best Toon keeper we have ever had (certainly in my lifetime). The grass isnt always greener.

However, I did always think that Harper and Given in the late 90s were equally matched but Shay became better and better with games whereas Harps never got a chance.

Since Harper has come in he has been more than solid (Didn't the 2 periods he got in the team this coincide with 2 good runs?) . I would start Harper as No 1 this season. If Given isnt happy about that then I would let him go and promote Krul or Forster as No 2.

You suprise me, having watched your videos. :)

You suprise me, having watched your videos. :)

<_<

Hmmm, is it sentiment or giving the lad some time to re-capture his form after a bad inury?

Mcgregor has fucking Willie Mckay for an agent , couldnt care if he had ronaldo on his books i still wouldnt deal with him , he's been far to cosy with this club, made a mint from us and gave us some of his shittest clients .

as for selling shay and spending double the transfer money to replace him , doesnt float my boat .

I don't think KK has fancied from the start, to small and not commanding enough for KK. He's probably thinking, bring a big lad in and let him and Harper fight it out, in the process getting decent money for Given and reducing the wage bill, everyones a winner.

its pissing me off this.

Not because Given may leave [which isn't the best thing ] but this cutting wages etc

How the fuck do these cretins expect us to compete with the other top clubs if we allow them to pay more wages ?

If the other clubs sign the best players, how the fuck do we match them ?

This isn't difficult

Those people having a go at me for automatically commenting on things like this should look at it from their directly opposite point of view. Why do they think a club with the 3rd biggest crowd in the country, and a huge fanbase behind it, should settle for not competing with the other big clubs, even if we aren't in europe just now ?

What an absolute load of crap.

Fairly sure the wage bill will be big enough to compete with the big 4 when we actually show that we can challenge them.

Us, with our wages higher than Liverpools yet performing more poorly, suggests that we have some shit on big money, that we can't replace with good player on big money until the shit has gone.

Make sense, no?

what about average player on average money, or do you think a good player will come here on average money

Do you think Liverpool got to where they were by paying average money for good players or good money for good players

Guest BigThompers
its pissing me off this.

Not because Given may leave [which isn't the best thing ] but this cutting wages etc

How the fuck do these cretins expect us to compete with the other top clubs if we allow them to pay more wages ?

This isn't difficult

Those people having a go at me for automatically commenting on things like this should look at it from their directly opposite point of view. Why do they think a club with the 3rd biggest crowd in the country, and a huge fanbase behind it, should settle for not competing with the other big clubs, even if we aren't in europe just now ?

Fairly sure the wage bill will be big enough to compete with the big 4 when we actually show that we can challenge them.

Us, with our wages higher than Liverpools yet performing more poorly, suggests that we have some shit on big money, that we can't replace with good player on big money until the shit has gone.

Make sense, no?

what about average player on average money, or do you think a good player will come here on average money

Do you think Liverpool got to where they were by paying average money for good players or good money for good players

Eh?

What about average players on average money? It's the average players on big money that the club seems to have taken exception to. Joey Barton 60kp/w, for example.

Good players will come here for average money. Or by good players, do you mean ones with big reputations at big clubs that no longer want them, because it's only those 'good players' or (declining players) that demand the huge wages.

Which good players on good money are likely to leave?

do you want good players to leave ?

its pissing me off this.

This isn't difficult

Make sense, no?

Eh?

What about average players on average money? It's the average players on big money that the club seems to have taken exception to. Joey Barton 60kp/w, for example.

Good players will come here for average money . Or by good players, do you mean ones with big reputations at big clubs that no longer want them, because it's only those 'good players' or (declining players) that demand the huge wages.

good players will go to whoever pays them most thompers lad.

its pissing me off this.

This isn't difficult

Make sense, no?

Eh?

Good players will come here for average money . Or by good players, do you mean ones with big reputations at big clubs that no longer want them, because it's only those 'good players' or (declining players) that demand the huge wages.

Except Modric.

And Woodgate.

Obviously that's a no, but we've got rid of or it seems are trying to get rid of Rozenhal, Barton, Emre, Ameobi, Carr, Ramage, Troisi and Diatta, none of which I would say are 'good' players so I fail to see why you're so worried.

Guest BigThompers
its pissing me off this.

This isn't difficult

Make sense, no?

Eh?

Confusing good players with mercenaries?

its pissing me off this.

This isn't difficult

Make sense, no?

Eh?

Confusing good players with mercenaries?

you don't qualify for europe more than every team bar 4 if all you buy is mercenaries thompers lad

Obviously that's a no, but we've got rid of or it seems are trying to get rid of Rozenhal, Barton, Emre, Ameobi, Carr, Ramage, Troisi and Diatta, none of which I would say are 'good' players so I fail to see why you're so worried.

so who exactly are we going to get to replace them, who are better, unless we pay good wages ?

its pissing me off this.

This isn't difficult

Make sense, no?

Eh?

Except Modric.

And Woodgate.

but the fat bastard managed to sign Woodgate ?

As for Modric, well maybe he would have signed for the fat bastard like many others before him ?

so who exactly are we going to get to replace them, who are better, unless we pay good wages ?

Who says we're not going to pay good wages for good players?

as in the managers opinion ?

So whats different ?

as in the managers opinion ?

So whats different ?

Sorry, I don't quite follow, can you elaborate?

• 2 weeks later...