Privatise the NHS

ChezGiven

Fop, you criticise people for supposedly 'needing' to argue with you then you criticise the same people for not continuing a debate in which they have made their point or which has reached an impasse though by saying they've 'run away'. Hilarious man.

This about sums it up and is why frankly I can't be bothered with these threads after a while.

The impasse in this case results from three possible reasons:

1) Fop doesn't have the knowledge or intelligence to understand my point (re: the difference between the common cold and the flu).

2) I don't have the ability or time to explain myself well enough.

3) He's being deliberately obtuse and obstructive to disguise point 1) and trying to make out he's 'won' (i.e. he's being a dick).

In reality it's probably a combination of all three like, either way what's the point? It does take me back to the old Leazes days mind. Also, what brass neck must Leazes have for criticizing me for insulting people? :icon_lol:

1) Your point that there is a universal vaccine under development for flu? :aye:

2) Aye, I agree.

3) Nope, I'm just right and it irritates the hell out of you and manc-foplite. :outahere:

1) So at this point I have to reiterate for the umpteenth time that not once did I talk about flu vaccinations, and if Fop thinks I did will he please direct me to the relevant post number. I realise that I may have confused you by saying that certain influenza viruses may rarely cause symptoms which are confused with the common cold, but I have done my best to clear this misunderstanding up for you. Etc etc. ;)

2) I apologise for point 2, I'm used to a more erudite audience.

3) If it makes you happy to think you're right, you keep on believing that. B)

1) I know you clearly didn't know one was being developed or you wouldn't have used it as part of your example.

2) Ah... the comforting warmth of elitism. B)

3) I don't mind, I do find the reaction funny though. :D

Oh ffs I never used it as an example. Prove I did by citing me or giving a post number.

Now, sorry, I really can't be arsed any more if you don't produce that quote. So as Alex says, if I don't post any more am I 'running away' and if I do post am I 'obsessed'? Either way you win right, I'm glad it makes you happy. :(

For the 3rd time:

The common cold is caused by rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, adenoviruses, influenza viruses etc, all of which have dozens of subtypes constantly mutating, which is why vaccination is not feasible. Iirc the HIV virus mutates even more rapidly, and of course affects the immune system itself, so its not surprising vaccination is likely to be next to impossible and frankly not worth wasting money on.

Like I said your example and clearly you weren't aware of a universal vaccine being under development for flu.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fop, you criticise people for supposedly 'needing' to argue with you then you criticise the same people for not continuing a debate in which they have made their point or which has reached an impasse though by saying they've 'run away'. Hilarious man.

This about sums it up and is why frankly I can't be bothered with these threads after a while.

1) Fop doesn't have the knowledge or intelligence to understand my point (re: the difference between the common cold and the flu).

3) He's being deliberately obtuse and obstructive to disguise point 1) and trying to make out he's 'won' (i.e. he's being a dick).

In reality it's probably a combination of all three like, either way what's the point? It does take me back to the old Leazes days mind. Also, what brass neck must Leazes have for criticizing me for insulting people? :icon_lol:

1) Your point that there is a universal vaccine under development for flu? :aye:

2) Aye, I agree.

3) Nope, I'm just right and it irritates the hell out of you and manc-foplite. :outahere:

1) So at this point I have to reiterate for the umpteenth time that not once did I talk about flu vaccinations, and if Fop thinks I did will he please direct me to the relevant post number. I realise that I may have confused you by saying that certain influenza viruses may rarely cause symptoms which are confused with the common cold, but I have done my best to clear this misunderstanding up for you. Etc etc. ;)

1) I know you clearly didn't know one was being developed or you wouldn't have used it as part of your example.

Oh ffs I never used it as an example. Prove I did by citing me or giving a post number.

Now, sorry, I really can't be arsed any more if you don't produce that quote. So as Alex says, if I don't post any more am I 'running away' and if I do post am I 'obsessed'? Either way you win right, I'm glad it makes you happy. :(

For the 3rd time:

The common cold is caused by rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, adenoviruses, influenza viruses etc, all of which have dozens of subtypes constantly mutating, which is why vaccination is not feasible. Iirc the HIV virus mutates even more rapidly, and of course affects the immune system itself, so its not surprising vaccination is likely to be next to impossible and frankly not worth wasting money on.

Like I said your example and clearly you weren't aware of a universal vaccine being under development for flu.

I've explained this though, several times! Influenza viruses sometimes cause cause symptoms that are misdiagnosed as the common cold is all I stated (this is true), not once do I talk about influenza vaccination (which would have almost no benefit for the common cold), cite me a post where I do please? Or are you really too ignorant to know the difference between the two conditions? Don't worry, a lot of people are, hence people claiming they are off sick with the 'flu when they really mean the cold.

2) Aye, I agree.

For the 3rd time:

I've explained this though, several times! Influenza viruses sometimes cause cause symptoms that are misdiagnosed as the common cold is all I stated (this is true), not once do I talk about influenza vaccination (which would have almost no benefit for the common cold), cite me a post where I do please? Or are you really too ignorant to know the difference between the two conditions? Don't worry, a lot of people are, hence people claiming they are off sick with the 'flu when they really mean the cold.

No that's what you are saying now.

What you said originally (as we can see above) is something quite different.

2) Aye, I agree.

For the 3rd time:

Well that's your interpretation of it, but you're simply wrong. If you take that quote in its proper context it is obvious I only ever discussed vaccination against the common cold being a virtual impossibility, not the flu. Sorry you are simply unable to understand this, I think we've reached an impasse now due to your lack of knowledge in the area of immunology and immunization.

1) Your point that there is a universal vaccine under development for flu? :outahere:

2) Aye, I agree.

2) Ah... the comforting warmth of elitism. :aye:

Now, sorry, I really can't be arsed any more if you don't produce that quote. So as Alex says, if I don't post any more am I 'running away' and if I do post am I 'obsessed'? Either way you win right, I'm glad it makes you happy. B)

For the 3rd time:

Well that's your interpretation of it, but you're simply wrong. If you take that quote in its proper context it is obvious I only ever discussed vaccination against the common cold being a virtual impossibility, not the flu. Sorry you are simply unable to understand this, I think we've reached an impasse now due to your lack of knowledge in the area of immunology and immunization.

That's cos he's really a Kitchen Inspector/Salad tosser :(

2) Aye, I agree.

For the 3rd time:

They why use flu as part of the example, if indeed you knew a universal vaccine was looking like it would be developed? (and more to the HIV point was been developed despite being very tricky to do so?).

Like I said it was your example and at best it was a very ill-informed one.

Aimed at Rob, Leazes or both? ;)

Leazes is class when he comes on pissed anyway and calls everyone a 'cunt'.

Spot on. It was deliberately left as an 'open letter', but you can add Fop to the list too.

Hilarious how they profess some of the strongest opinions on here but time and again fold under cross examination from someone with any actual expertise in a subject.

No coincidence either that these are all too scared to admit what they do in their professional life.

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. B)

Like I said before I've probably got more experience in the field than he has, or at least if he has more than me he should be very ashamed. :icon_lol:

Mate, Chez has effectively made you look like a know-nowt gobshite in this very thread, so i'm simply saying that whatever you say now in here you look like a tool by default anyway.

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. :(

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :outahere::aye: ).

But that's not what we're talking about. :D

You of all people cannot criticise posters for being selective about what questions they answer. Coming from you that is utterly embarrassing.

Again this proves my point though, to have the brass neck to come out with that in this very thread! Basically after a while it doesn’t matter what point you’re making, you pass a threshold where it’s fair game for people to respond to you with insults and derision. I for one certainly reserve that right.

Much like Renton he brought it up, I pointed out the reasons it wasn't the same, he couldn't counter them and ran away.

It'll be time for you to run soon (again). B)

You said Singapore's size allowed it to use private insurance more easily than the UK. I pointed out the painfully (and i mean really painful for me) obvious fact that small size is a disadvantage in insurance markets that rely on large numbers to 'pool' risk efficiently. In fact, it was the opposite of what you claimed. Singapore's success in utilising a blend of market and public sector resource allocation mechanisms was all the more admirable due to their size. This point was ignored by you as you have never studied the subject. Spence, Akerlof and Stiglitz (who you may have heard of) won the nobel prize in 2001 for their work in this area and it is influencing the policy debate all over the world.

I think you then just said, well their size will make it easier anyway. This ignores the OP in this thread that shows that all it takes to introduce more market orientated allocation mechanisms in the UK is a single decision to allow top-up fees.

Now, carefully explain how that is running away since 1, i'm repeating myself and 2, you've not countered this or any other point?

Edited by ChezGiven

Aimed at Rob, Leazes or both? :angry:

Spot on. It was deliberately left as an 'open letter', but you can add Fop to the list too.

Hilarious how they profess some of the strongest opinions on here but time and again fold under cross examination from someone with any actual expertise in a subject.

No coincidence either that these are all too scared to admit what they do in their professional life.

what does "what they do in their professional life" have to do with who is making a correct comment and who isn't ?

Fact is that Renton is a dick for the simple reason that anybody who disagrees with him is instantly deemed to "lack intelligence/be a thick cunt/uneducated.....blah blah, delete as appropriate.

Most of us have been around a bit, some have their heads in the sand, some don't.

FOP appears pretty confident he knows more than rent boy regarding what is being discussed in this thread, so who's to say he is wrong ?

What is indisputable is that Renton knows fuck all about football, especially compared to me.

Edited by LeazesMag

The idea that someone working in the profession knows better and can't be debated on the issue is wrong if you ask me. Working for a private paharmaceutical company doesn't make you the authority on private healthcare, no doubt it arms you with all the arguments for that side of the debate, but it's like saying a British citizen can't debate an al qaeda operative on the merits of suicide attacks on the west, as they don't blow themself up.

If only Fop would 'debate' :angry:

what does "what they do in their professional life" have to do with who is making a correct comment and who isn't ?

Fact is that Renton is a dick for the simple reason that anybody who disagrees with him is instantly deemed to "lack intelligence/be a thick cunt/uneducated.....blah blah, delete as appropriate.

Most of us have been around a bit, some have their heads in the sand, some don't.

FOP appears pretty confident he knows more than rent boy regarding what is being discussed in this thread, so who's to say he is wrong ?

What is indisputable is that Renton knows fuck all about football, especially compared to me.

The reference to professional credentials was to do with the fact that Fop and Rob purposely omit to answer that question when it is directly asked of them. They do this because they feel that it allows them to pontificate anecdotally on subjects they don't have any real forensic knowledge of.

To answer your question more specifically however, on (to give an example) healthcare, Fop freely disputes clinical issues with a qualified doctor (Luke) and non-clinical/funding issues of pharmaceutical companies with someone who is dirctly employed in the sector (Chez). Now that's not determinative of who is right in a debate, but lets just say if I was relying on someone's judgment as a layperson, I know who it would be in either scenario. To put it simply, it would be fucking idiotic to do otherwise.

PS Leazes, nowt personal and I'm not being funny or owt, but you're a grown man (50 as I understand) who's spat his dummy and 'left' the forum on several occasions when your logic has been shown to be defective in various arguments, so this is all a bit rich coming from you.

I'm more interested in the wild ramblings of nutters than informed opionion.

Stating the obvious tbf.

It's good to have some core to a debate ie Chez's well founded knowledge of the drugs industry or HP on IT or whatever....But after that let's throw the plates at the wall yeah... :angry:

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. :fool:

Like I said before I've probably got more experience in the field than he has, or at least if he has more than me he should be very ashamed. :(

Mate, Chez has effectively made you look like a know-nowt gobshite in this very thread, so i'm simply saying that whatever you say now in here you look like a tool by default anyway.

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. :naughty:

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :D:o ).

But that's not what we're talking about. <_<

You of all people cannot criticise posters for being selective about what questions they answer. Coming from you that is utterly embarrassing.

Again this proves my point though, to have the brass neck to come out with that in this very thread! Basically after a while it doesn’t matter what point you’re making, you pass a threshold where it’s fair game for people to respond to you with insults and derision. I for one certainly reserve that right.

Much like Renton he brought it up, I pointed out the reasons it wasn't the same, he couldn't counter them and ran away.

It'll be time for you to run soon (again). :flowers:

You said Singapore's size allowed it to use private insurance more easily than the UK. I pointed out the painfully (and i mean really painful for me) obvious fact that small size is a disadvantage in insurance markets that rely on large numbers to 'pool' risk efficiently. In fact, it was the opposite of what you claimed. Singapore's success in utilising a blend of market and public sector resource allocation mechanisms was all the more admirable due to their size. This point was ignored by you as you have never studied the subject. Spence, Akerlof and Stiglitz (who you may have heard of) won the nobel prize in 2001 for their work in this area and it is influencing the policy debate all over the world.

I think you then just said, well their size will make it easier anyway. This ignores the OP in this thread that shows that all it takes to introduce more market orientated allocation mechanisms in the UK is a single decision to allow top-up fees.

Now, carefully explain how that is running away since 1, i'm repeating myself and 2, you've not countered this or any other point?

Again their whole GDP, economy, social welfare and population structure is different, if you want to go back though it go to page 7.

Edited by Fop

The idea that someone working in the profession knows better and can't be debated on the issue is wrong if you ask me. Working for a private paharmaceutical company doesn't make you the authority on private healthcare, no doubt it arms you with all the arguments for that side of the debate, but it's like saying a British citizen can't debate an al qaeda operative on the merits of suicide attacks on the west, as they don't blow themself up.

If only Fop would 'debate' :(

I do, but people don't like it (including yourself when you disagree). :angry:

Aimed at Rob, Leazes or both? <_<

The reference to professional credentials was to do with the fact that Fop and Rob purposely omit to answer that question when it is directly asked of them. They do this because they feel that it allows them to pontificate anecdotally on subjects they don't have any real forensic knowledge of.

To answer your question more specifically however, on (to give an example) healthcare, Fop freely disputes clinical issues with a qualified doctor (Luke) and non-clinical/funding issues of pharmaceutical companies with someone who is dirctly employed in the sector (Chez). Now that's not determinative of who is right in a debate, but lets just say if I was relying on someone's judgment as a layperson, I know who it would be in either scenario. To put it simply, it would be fucking idiotic to do otherwise.

PS Leazes, nowt personal and I'm not being funny or owt, but you're a grown man (50 as I understand) who's spat his dummy and 'left' the forum on several occasions when your logic has been shown to be defective in various arguments, so this is all a bit rich coming from you.

Like I said I'm sure I've mentioned it.

However these days it:

1. annoys a load of the usual suspects immensely. :angry:

2. would only be used as a bludgeon no matter what I do and have done, so Sun Tzu would approve. :(

So basically; :naughty: