Privatise the NHS

ChezGiven

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should keep this about the NHS HF, not the problems in the US.

Good plan, think about the profits. :rolleyes:

Or the relevance of the debate to the posters in this thread.

And the profits. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8117561.stm

Dr Tony Moran, lead researcher from the North West Cancer Intelligence Service, said elderly cancer patients did not appear to be benefitting from the improvements in treatments in the last decade.

He calculated that if the UK was performing as well as Western Europe in the age group 75-84, and as well as the US in the 85 and over age group, there would be 15,000 fewer cancer deaths among the elderly every year.

At present, 75,000 over-75s die every year of cancer.

Most worryingly, UK cancer deaths in the over-85s went up by 2% over an eight-year period, while in Western Europe they went down by 16%.

No problem.

Didn't want to start a thread, just found it funny that the universal healthcare scaremongering has gone up a notch over there.

My auntie died from cancer yesterday morning :rolleyes: she was between 75 and 84. The NHS were superb as far as we were concerned. Years of treatment kept it at bay.

I dont think me posting on here will have an impact on profitability. Can you walk me through how that might work?

I dont think me posting on here will have an impact on profitability. Can you walk me through how that might work?

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :aye:

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :)

I used to think your main hobby was wanking in the mirror while posting on here. Now I realise it's wanking in the mirror with a DS9 DVD on in the background. :rolleyes:

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :wank:

I used to think your main hobby was wanking in the mirror while posting on here. Now I realise it's wanking in the mirror with a DS9 DVD on in the background. :rolleyes:

:panic: You obviously knew the reference :) (unfortunately Fop just made it up though :aye:)

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :panic:

:scratchchin: You obviously knew the reference :aye: (unfortunately Fop just made it up though :wank:)

Of course I did, it's just nice to see you operate on a similarly nerdy level. Nice backpedal though. :)

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :scratchchin:

:scratchchin: You obviously knew the reference :wank: (unfortunately Fop just made it up though :panic:)

Of course I did, it's just nice to see you operate on a similarly nerdy level. Nice backpedal though. :aye:

Nothing wrong with a bit of DS9, and if they eventually use one of Fop's rules of acquisition then :)

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :wank:

:):aye: This post didn't get anywhere near enough love.

:):aye: This post didn't get anywhere near enough love.

I had no idea what DS9 was.

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :dancing:

I used to think your main hobby was wanking in the mirror while posting on here. Now I realise it's wanking in the mirror with a DS9 DVD on in the background. :lol:

:(:lol: This post didn't get anywhere near enough love.

:unsure:

No audience is too small for positive selling and long term profit. Rule of acquisition 133. :dancing:

I used to think your main hobby was wanking in the mirror while posting on here. Now I realise it's wanking in the mirror with a DS9 DVD on in the background. :lol:

:(:lol: This post didn't get anywhere near enough love.

Although Fop could picture Chezzy as:

quark.gif

Or maybe:

CyrilSneerCollage.jpg

:unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
It's rare that HF/Parky/Fop are on the same side...So we must be right. :rolleyes:

Yeah but the Secretary of State for Health and Joseph Stiglitz are on mine. :)

February 25, 2009:

AMY GOODMAN: And healthcare? [Obama has] called for universal healthcare, but he does not call for single-payer healthcare.

JOSEPH STIGLITZ: I think that there are some fundamental problems in the efficiency of our healthcare system. And what we’ve seen is that the private healthcare insurers do not know how to deliver an efficient way.

AMY GOODMAN: Do you support single-payer healthcare?

JOSEPH STIGLITZ: I think I’ve reluctantly come to the view that it’s the only alternative. You know, we’ve tried a lot of other things. And we’ve been—you know, I was in the Clinton administration, and we debated a lot of alternatives, and I’ve watched things as they’ve emerged and, you know, evolved over the last twelve, sixteen years, and I think there’s a growing consensus that the private market exclusion is not going to work.

Source

Edited by Happy Face

It's rare that HF/Parky/Fop are on the same side...So we must be right. :)

Yeah but the Secretary of State for Health and Joseph Stiglitz are on mine. <_<

February 25, 2009:

AMY GOODMAN: And healthcare? [Obama has] called for universal healthcare, but he does not call for single-payer healthcare.

JOSEPH STIGLITZ: I think that there are some fundamental problems in the efficiency of our healthcare system. And what we’ve seen is that the private healthcare insurers do not know how to deliver an efficient way.

AMY GOODMAN: Do you support single-payer healthcare?

JOSEPH STIGLITZ: I think I’ve reluctantly come to the view that it’s the only alternative. You know, we’ve tried a lot of other things. And we’ve been—you know, I was in the Clinton administration, and we debated a lot of alternatives, and I’ve watched things as they’ve emerged and, you know, evolved over the last twelve, sixteen years, and I think there’s a growing consensus that the private market exclusion is not going to work.

Source

Katanga my son!! :rolleyes:

Without efficiency, private or public, single payer or everyone out for their slice of the pie, it's always about the waste.

Which is where the NHS must die arguments always flounder.