Barton pleads guilty to assault

smoggeordie

Barton was in the wrong and deserves what he gets but it's not like that lad was innocently walking down the street. It's clear he antagonized Barton and he probably knew exactly what he was going to be on the receiving end of.

Actually I suspect he probably assumed he could get away with most anything without Barton retaliating, I've always thought that IF more people were psychopaths the world would be a much more polite place.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Barton was in the wrong and deserves what he gets but it's not like that lad was innocently walking down the street. It's clear he antagonized Barton and he probably knew exactly what he was going to be on the receiving end of.

Actually I suspect he probably assumed he could get away with most anything without Barton retaliating, I've always thought that IF more people were psychopaths the world would be a much more polite place.

Yeah, if only that were the case.

Unfortunately you're an idiot to try to take on kids like that, about 1000 ways it can backfire on you and arguably not even 1 way it can go well, you're better off Fort Knoxing your property (although not with anything too dangerous as you'll be responsible if they hurt themselves) and digging in.

Upsides and downsides, or do you think the other extreme (which is where we are heading if not are) is better?

Guest alex

Upsides and downsides, or do you think the other extreme (which is where we are heading if not are) is better?

In English please.

Unfortunately you're an idiot to try to take on kids like that, about 1000 ways it can backfire on you and arguably not even 1 way it can go well, you're better off Fort Knoxing your property (although not with anything too dangerous as you'll be responsible if they hurt themselves) and digging in.

I'd rather not end up like Mr Strickland.

You've got no choice in that situation, unless you just want to keep paying for repairs until that generation discovers the pub.

What are your other choices?

We all know someone is going to kick the shit out of Barton one of these days.
Little man syndrome usually has an inbuilt survival mechanism to some degree, otherwise there'd be a lot more deaths.

You've got no choice in that situation, unless you just want to keep paying for repairs until that generation discovers the pub.

Kick the shit out of any brats that so much as look at my house.

Guest alex

We all know someone is going to kick the shit out of Barton one of these days.
Little man syndrome usually has an inbuilt survival mechanism to some degree, otherwise there'd be a lot more deaths.

He's average height tbf.

Aye that goes down so well with the law. :rolleyes:

He's average height tbf.

5'6"?

I have my own moral code. If society is at odds with that, then so be it.

:wub:

Guest alex

He's average height tbf.

5'6"?

5'9" apparently. He doesn't look short when you see him on the pitch either, which is a bit of a giveaway.

:)

Well you're clearly not applying it, unless they let you install your own kitchen in HMP Belmarsh these days (which maybe they do in fairness). :wub:

Well you're clearly not applying it, unless they let you install your own kitchen in HMP Belmarsh these days (which maybe they do in fairness). :wub:

What surface? :)

He's average height tbf.

5'6"?

5'9" apparently. He doesn't look short when you see him on the pitch either, which is a bit of a giveaway.

They always add to the "official" height (recent Shearer thread for a start), and it's very hard to tell with footballers as they are all so tiny, Gazza looked normal on the pitch, but is 3'2" in reality.

Guest alex

Aye that goes down so well with the law. :)

He's average height tbf.

5'6"?

They always add to the "official" height (recent Shearer thread for a start), and it's very hard to tell with footballers as they are all so tiny, Gazza looked normal on the pitch, but is 3'2" in reality.

:rolleyes::wub::)

You're assuming any brats have so much as looked at my house.

Edited by Happy Face

You're assuming any brats have so much as looked at my house.

Well if you're saying it's as bad as his place you're maybe going down the wrong track with kitchen investment.

stig.jpg

Edited by Fop

BARTON SUICIDE FEAR

By AIDAN MAGEE

JOEY BARTON could sink into a suicidal depression if Newcastle sack him.

The chilling warning comes from Sam Allardyce, the man who paid £5.8 million to take Barton (right) to Tyneside last summer.

Toon chiefs must decide whether to cancel Barton’s contract after he was found guilty of a vicious training ground assault on his former Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo.

Barton, 25, is already serving a six-month term in jail for attacking a teenager outside a Liverpool McDonald’s.

But Big Sam wants his old club to give him one last chance — or face potentially devastating consequences.

He said: “If Newcastle sack Joey it will be another punishment and defeat the objective of him trying to put things right and become a better person.

“It could also be dangerous to take football away from him.

“He is a complete football man. His life revolves around it. Without it he could re-offend and, worse, go into a depression.

“We have had people in the past commit suicide because they couldn’t cope with life after professional football.

“Dave Clement, who was with me at Bolton, was one at 34 and it’s incredibly sad when something like that happens. We mustn’t think it can’t happen again.”

Former QPR and Wimbledon star Clement shocked football in 1982 when he killed himself by swallowing weedkiller.

Allardyce (below) admits he knew exactly what he was taking on when he made Barton one of his first signings on his arrival at St James’ Park.

The former Toon boss said: “We didn’t have any problems with him up at Newcastle. It was only when he went back to Liverpool and was with family and friends and he went out drinking that the problems occurred.

“If Newcastle keep Joey, this is the last chance for him. He is fighting for his future because I don’t think anyone will take him if he steps out of line again.

“Joey has had help in the past but he needs to do things for himself now.

“If this doesn’t make him want to get things right, nothing will.”

NOTW