Barton pleads guilty to assault

smoggeordie

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether he was l lead into that answer or not it's pretty clear to anyone what the papers will make of certain scenarios.

If we keep Barton we are dirty, immoral and scummy but if we let him go the club on the receiving end will 'boldly rescue his career/try to save barton/ throw him a lifeline' or some old shite.

That's exactly it, if we could sack him but keep hold of his registration that would help matters a lot - why should someone else get him on a free and us lose out?

Some people are just drowning in hypocrisy!

Click Here

Maybe he's trying to become truly scouse by simply mimicking their own "morals". Crime's all right if you do your time.

Maybe he's trying to become truly scouse by simply mimicking their own "morals". Crime's all right if you do your time.

Completely over your head ... againnnnnnnnnnnn! :rolleyes:

All right then torres me old mucker, lay your cards out plain and simple. What did you mean by your post. Enlighten this poor ill-educated fool. :rolleyes:

I see nothing immoral about it as long as he does his time.

Part of me agrees there though. Is it Newcastle's job to punish players for breaking the law outside of a football match? Joey has been punished by the judicial system, and has served his time. Whether he's rehabilitated or not awaits to be seen and whether Newcastle feel he is a risk worth taking should be a business decision. Obviously there is a moral obligation in play here as well but why should Newcastle lose out in all this?

Whether he was l lead into that answer or not it's pretty clear to anyone what the papers will make of certain scenarios.

If we keep Barton we are dirty, immoral and scummy but if we let him go the club on the receiving end will 'boldly rescue his career/try to save barton/ throw him a lifeline' or some old shite.

That's exactly it, if we could sack him but keep hold of his registration that would help matters a lot - why should someone else get him on a free and us lose out?

Click Here

Was it Keane that got done for assault whilst walking his dog? Or did he get off?

All right then torres me old mucker, lay your cards out plain and simple. What did you mean by your post. Enlighten this poor ill-educated fool. :rolleyes:

Maybe he's come around to the point of view that scally-bashing is for the greater good of society, like culling grey squirrels, and negative sexual selection with fake tan.

Click Here

Was it Keane that got done for assault whilst walking his dog? Or did he get off?

I was thinking of certain allegations and other lawful devices that could be used against another club that we can't mention for legal reasons.

The red tops might have something if you google but don't post it here :rolleyes:

This is probably a waste of time but here goes:

It is my opinion that Newcastle would not be doing something immoral in rehiring Mr Barton as long as he serves his time and pays for what he did. I in no way condoned or excused his behaviour despite your rather petulant attempt to imply otherwise.

My petulant attempt, or my tongue in cheek attempt?

You decide on that and get back to me, oh wise and wondrous one.... :rolleyes:

My petulant attempt, or my tongue in cheek attempt?

You decide on that and get back to me, oh wise and wondrous one.... :rolleyes:

I`ve gone for petulant ... it is more in keeping with your nature. 'Tongue in cheek' would indicate that you were being witty ... which is not in keeping with your nature.

Oho ho ho. The scouse wit is alive and well in you son. Now apologise for being a pissy little girl and we can all live happily ever after.

Mediawatch....

The Toon are currently running a competition on their website, offering schools a chance to 'Win a Newcastle player for the day'.

'Fancy a Newcastle United player dropping in to raise the profile of your school, charity or community group?' boasts the site.

And what better way to raise the profile of your institution than having a footballer beat seven shades of s**te out of a defenceless child? Or, even better, holding one down while his feral cousin does the same.

What are they referring too?

I know Barton kicked off with a kid in Spain or somewhere, but he didn't hit the bairn did he? Or hold him down for his cousin?

Mediawatch....

The Toon are currently running a competition on their website, offering schools a chance to 'Win a Newcastle player for the day'.

'Fancy a Newcastle United player dropping in to raise the profile of your school, charity or community group?' boasts the site.

And what better way to raise the profile of your institution than having a footballer beat seven shades of s**te out of a defenceless child? Or, even better, holding one down while his feral cousin does the same.

What are they referring too?

I know Barton kicked off with a kid in Spain or somewhere, but he didn't hit the bairn did he? Or hold him down for his cousin?

Since when did that get in the way of a good yarn?

The cousin one is always good for a wheeze though, especially given they hardly know each other.

Plus I always like the media's hypocrisy on the one hand the death sentence is never good enough, but on the other rehabilitation is the sacred cow. In fairness I'd hope a lot of Barton's community service is in fact working with kids, like Cantona's was.

The lad on the wind up was 16 in Liverpool.

16 year ad and out at 5.30AM?

Hardly a nipper.

When I was 16 I knew very well not to go on the wind up when out on the town, let alone go on the wind up towards somebody like Barton!

Hardly a nipper.

When I was 16 I knew very well not to go on the wind up when out on the town, let alone go on the wind up towards somebody like Barton!

Barton should have got a medal for teaching the scamp a lesson.

What has society come to when adults can't give kids a clip around the ear and send them home chastened for causing trouble on the streets in the middle of the night.

It's like that bloke who got arrested for kidnapping when he made a citizens arrest last week. Political correctness gone mad.

Hardly a nipper.

What has society come to when adults can't give kids a clip around the ear and send them home chastened for causing trouble on the streets in the middle of the night.

It's like that bloke who got arrested for kidnapping when he made a citizens arrest last week. Political correctness gone mad.

Link :rolleyes:

Barton was in the wrong and deserves what he gets but it's not like that lad was innocently walking down the street. It's clear he antagonized Barton and he probably knew exactly what he was going to be on the receiving end of.

Hardly a nipper.

See this is the problem with longer McD's opening hours, children wired to the hilt binge eating quaterpounders with bacon and excessive salt on their fries, hospital intakes of straw wrapper related injuries up 1000%, 11-11 opening is the only way, otherwise it's only a matter of time before we see an apple pie related death. :rolleyes:

Hardly a nipper.

Link :rolleyes:

Barton was in the wrong and deserves what he gets but it's not like that lad was innocently walking down the street. It's clear he antagonized Barton and he probably knew exactly what he was going to be on the receiving end of.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/218...f-hooligan.html