Barton pleads guilty to assault

smoggeordie

CCTV footage of the attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMorhNRmiDM

I hope he gets bummed stupid inside.

That's the one he's serving for, although in fairness I've seen nastier fights between 5 year olds than that, if that is indeed of his scouser bashing.

Typical scum how the lass (his cousin?) gets a couple of digs in while the kid's down.

Oh aye without a doubt, but you can see much worse in many places any Friday or Sat night.

That's the one he's serving for, although in fairness I've seen nastier fights between 5 year olds than that, if that is indeed of his scouser bashing.

Only because you cant see the damage up close. He obviously doesnt have the ability to stop himself when he knocks someone down as is shown in the Dabo case.

He is real sub human scum. I hope Bubba is having his way with him as we speak.

There wasn't much damage, well at least from what he was charged on anyway, the chipped tooth is what bumped his charge up to what it was.

Clearly he has serious control issues, but frankly I'd rather someone like him came at me than someone that actually knew what they were doing.

Some people aren't used to shit like that and you just know if the guy had fought back, the lad who stepped in would have joined in the attack.

Some people get really affected by stuff like that.

True.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the point though really. Meant to be a professional footballer etc....

Aye, it's just the descriptions read like he nearly murder everyone within a 2 mile radius (although the worst injuries being a chipped tooth - which was the reason he got taken for what he did - seemed a bit incongruous with that), not slapped someone around a bit.

He was always going to get done for that, and fair enough, but I've seen women do a LOT more damage than he did there, in fact I've seen friends go at each other worse than that then go and have a pint with each other. :D

Getting puched does hurt you know. :D

Yeah I know I once had someone shatter pretty much their hand on my zygomatic (?), but there's "ouch that rather hurt" and then there's real damage. What you see in that video (if indeed that is the Barton incident) is much more towards the <_< end of things.

I honestly thought from all the lurid press descriptions that he'd really gone at them, I mean I've never frequented really dodgy places and I have no truck with mindless violence, but I've seen and been dragged into much, much worse than that. :)

Typical scum how the lass (his cousin?) gets a couple of digs in while the kid's down.

Oh aye without a doubt, but you can see much worse in many places any Friday or Sat night.

Only because you cant see the damage up close. He obviously doesnt have the ability to stop himself when he knocks someone down as is shown in the Dabo case.

There wasn't much damage, well at least from what he was charged on anyway, the chipped tooth is what bumped his charge up to what it was.

Clearly he has serious control issues, but frankly I'd rather someone like him came at me than someone that actually knew what they were doing.

Some people aren't used to shit like that and you just know if the guy had fought back, the lad who stepped in would have joined in the attack.

Some people get really affected by stuff like that.

Yeah, though in fairness the guy that gets hit hardly looks like he's trying to avoid an issue (I do like the way his "friend" keeps well away once the violence starts though <_< ).

Like I say not condoning it, but that is nothing like what I thought was being described.

Not the point though really. Meant to be a professional footballer etc....

Aye, it's just the descriptions read like he nearly murder everyone within a 2 mile radius (although the worst injuries being a chipped tooth - which was the reason he got taken for what he did - seemed a bit incongruous with that), not slapped someone around a bit.

He was always going to get done for that, and fair enough, but I've seen women do a LOT more damage than he did there, in fact I've seen friends go at each other worse than that then go and have a pint with each other. :D

Getting puched does hurt you know. :D

Yeah I know I once had someone shatter pretty much their hand on my zygomatic (?), but there's "ouch that rather hurt" and then there's real damage. What you see in that video (if indeed that is the Barton incident) is much more towards the <_< end of things.

I honestly thought from all the lurid press descriptions that he'd really gone at them, I mean I've never frequented really dodgy places and I have no truck with mindless violence, but I've seen and been dragged into much, much worse than that. :)

Gotcha.

the lad's boxed all his life , what do you class as knowing what he's doing ?

I've no idea if he has or he hasn't, but if he has he's clearly forgotten everything for those few seconds, because that was not boxing technique at all, it was more cookie monster radge-fu.

Edited by Fop

I've no idea if he has or he hasn't, but if he has he's clearly forgotten everything for those few seconds, because that was not boxing technique at all, it was more cookie monster radge-fu.

he'd be in the wrong sport if he looked like mayweather at 5 in the morning after 13 pints .

he'd be in the wrong sport if he looked like mayweather at 5 in the morning after 13 pints .

<_<

True. <_<

Fortunately/unfortunately he clearly doesn't, not even sure if he's up to Brian May there.

I have seen much worse than that by fellas who get away with it but that's not the point.

Barton is in a position of privilege and should act like it.

A man on £50k a week shouldn't be frequenting McDonald's at that time in the morning, let alone frequenting it pissed.

He needs to learn his lesson and Keegan said he had one more chance so lets hope he takes it.

Word is that in the opening of the hearing, his lawyer asked what the sentence might be if he pleaded guilty which the judge replied with 'suspended sentence'. Consequently Barton changed his plea...

I hope to fuck the judge was calling his bluff and if not, the club tear up his contract with immediate effect.

Oh aye and Danny... Stop going on as though we're all likely to be defending him. I think it's pretty evident what the concensus opinion of him is. People are just commenting that worse fights are seen every night up and down the streets of Britain. While it's totally unacceptable what he did, I've seen considerably worse when I've been out of a night.

The Sun.

Newcastle sack footie yob Barton

SOCCER yob Joey Barton dodged a second jail term for thuggery yesterday – as Newcastle United finally gave him the boot.

The brute – currently serving six months for beating up two strangers – escaped with a suspended sentence for punching a former teammate senseless.

Berserk Barton, 25, who at the time was a Man City player, kept raining blows on Ousmane Dabo, 31, as he lay UNCONSCIOUS on the training pitch, a court heard.

But because Barton pleaded guilty to ABH a judge promised to spare him further jail when he is formally sentenced today.

It means the lout will go free in days – with a tag.

Barton, who was capped once by England gave a defiant thumbs-up to relatives as he was led away at Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court.

Decked

But last night’s sacking by Newcastle – following calls by The Sun to ban him from football – means the £5.8million midfielder’s career IS effectively over.

Barton – serving six months for drunkenly attacking a man and a boy of 16 outside a Liverpool McDonald’s – became eligible for early release on Sunday.

A condition of release is likely to be that he attends a booze clinic.

Barton, who has a shameful history of violence, decked Frenchman Dabo after branding him “s***”. The ferocity of the attack stunned the team, the judge heard.

Greece striker Georgios Samaras, 23, told cops he was so shocked by the violence he “could never forget it”.

Meanwhile, Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and his board have decided there is no way they will tolerate £45,000-a-week Barton remaining at the club.

Barton, from Huyton, Merseyside, was bought by former Toon boss Sam Allardyce from Man City.

But it was agreed by the board as part of his signing that Barton’s contract would be terminated if he was convicted of assaulting Dabo.

Shows how the Sun come out with bullshit mind... It's been well reported that Dabo was 'dazed' while Barton was beating the shit out of him yet suddenly he was unconcious?

Club are holding off making any statement until sentence is passed as well so quite how we sacked him last night is anyone's guess...

The Sun.

Newcastle sack footie yob Barton

SOCCER yob Joey Barton dodged a second jail term for thuggery yesterday – as Newcastle United finally gave him the boot.

The brute – currently serving six months for beating up two strangers – escaped with a suspended sentence for punching a former teammate senseless.

Berserk Barton, 25, who at the time was a Man City player, kept raining blows on Ousmane Dabo, 31, as he lay UNCONSCIOUS on the training pitch, a court heard.

But because Barton pleaded guilty to ABH a judge promised to spare him further jail when he is formally sentenced today.

It means the lout will go free in days – with a tag.

Barton, who was capped once by England gave a defiant thumbs-up to relatives as he was led away at Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court.

Decked

But last night’s sacking by Newcastle – following calls by The Sun to ban him from football – means the £5.8million midfielder’s career IS effectively over.

Barton – serving six months for drunkenly attacking a man and a boy of 16 outside a Liverpool McDonald’s – became eligible for early release on Sunday.

A condition of release is likely to be that he attends a booze clinic.

Barton, who has a shameful history of violence, decked Frenchman Dabo after branding him “s***”. The ferocity of the attack stunned the team, the judge heard.

Greece striker Georgios Samaras, 23, told cops he was so shocked by the violence he “could never forget it”.

Meanwhile, Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and his board have decided there is no way they will tolerate £45,000-a-week Barton remaining at the club.

Barton, from Huyton, Merseyside, was bought by former Toon boss Sam Allardyce from Man City.

But it was agreed by the board as part of his signing that Barton’s contract would be terminated if he was convicted of assaulting Dabo.

IT WOS THE SUN WOT WON IT!!!!111!!!1oneoneoneoneoneeleven!!111

This is what I mean, and that is fair understated compared to some of the stuff said, even in the court review.

JOEY Barton could be out of jail this morning but he will still be contemplating the possibility that his Newcastle United career is over after pleading guilty to a second assault charge in the space of just two months.

Barton yesterday admitted assaulting former Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo following a training ground argument last May, a decision which could lead to the termination of his contract at St James’s Park on the basis of gross misconduct.

The midfielder had initially intended to deny the charge and claimed he was acting in self-defence, but changed his plea just before the trial was due to begin at Manchester Minshull Crown Court yesterday after Judge Mushtaq Khokhar indicated he would impose a suspended sentence if he did so.

The 25-year-old, who was due to be released from jail on an electronic tag on Sunday, despite serving only six weeks of a six-month sentence for assault and affray following an attack on two people in a drunken rage in Liverpool last December, will be sentenced this morning.

However, although the club refused to comment on Barton’s future last night, the late decision to plead guilty rather than go through a long and potentially embarrassing court case could yet earn Barton a reprieve at St James’s Park as he will not be forced to spend even longer behind bars.

Although Barton’s decision to acknowledge his guilt will mean he receives considerably less than the maximum five-year sentence available to Judge Khokhar, his crime – described as an “explosive combination of football and violence” by prosecutor Richard Vardon yesterday – remains a serious one.

United had decided to wait until after the Dabo trial before they made a decision on Barton’s future and, given the possibility that he could be back in training before the start of the season – as well as manager Kevin Keegan’s determination to support his player – Newcastle may decide to stick by him despite the trouble he has encountered and the bad publicity the club has attracted as a result.

Owner Mike Ashley is determined to punish the player for his actions, although Barton and his agent Willie McKay have already turned down an offer which would have cut his weekly wage of £60,000 by 50%.

That has not gone down well with the Newcastle hierarchy, although their decision could be influenced as much by economic factors as any moral misgivings about their employee’s behaviour

and character. Barton’s representatives will argue that United already knew the player was facing a trial for assaulting Dabo when they signed him from Manchester City a year ago, although United were led to believe that Barton was going to deny any wrong-doing by pleading not guilty.

His advisers will also suggest that, if United sack his client after their previous offer, they are doing so solely because they want to cut the wage bill.

It will be hard for Ashley to simply write off £5.8m worth of investment by terminating his contract, which still has four years left to run. Even if Newcastle kept the player’s registration, they would receive only a fraction of that fee from anyone who signed him. Nevertheless, there will be those who argue Newcastle have a moral obligation to take a tough stance with a player who has a history of violence and misbehaviour, both on and off the pitch, particularly as the witness statements yesterday reflected so badly on him.

Outlining the events at Manchester City's training ground on May 1 last year, prosecutor Richard Vardon said Barton’s actions had shocked his former Manchester City team-mates, as well as then manager Stuart Pearce.

According to witnesses, the pair squared up to each other after a simmering row during a training match session.

Dabo, 30, was said to have felt intimidated that Barton had invaded his personal space as he shouted and swore at him. The Frenchman pushed his shoulder with both hands, and in retaliation Barton punched him to the left side of his head, causing the Frenchman to fall to the ground and lose consciousness.

Greater Manchester Police said: “The victim walked away, but Barton ran to him and punched him on the side of the head.

“The victim was instantly made unconscious but Barton continued to punch him as he was collapsing to the floor.”

This version of events was collaborated by Pearce and several City players, who indicated Barton had held Dabo down as he continued to punch him.

Vardon added that one player, Georgios Samaras, said he had never seen such a violent incident on a training pitch and would never be able to forget it.

I have seen much worse than that by fellas who get away with it but that's not the point.

Barton is in a position of privilege and should act like it.

A man on £50k a week shouldn't be frequenting McDonald's at that time in the morning, let alone frequenting it pissed.

He needs to learn his lesson and Keegan said he had one more chance so lets hope he takes it.

Thing is say Bellemy in that exact same situation (and he's been in court a couple of times for things pretty similar) would have just had minders to remove the offending plebeian.

Barton's a nutter, but he's also a complete idiot because he tries to still live like a normal person.

We know how he loves punching people repeatedly when they're down.

That's what differentiates a "normal" bloke who might get caught up in a fight with scum imo - just like the stamping and assaulting a woman put them Goth murderers two stages beyond scum.

In that vein notice how Barton's mate stamps or kicks the kid when he's down as well.

Nevertheless, there will be those who argue Newcastle have a moral obligation to take a tough stance with a player who has a history of violence and misbehaviour, both on and off the pitch, particularly as the witness statements yesterday reflected so badly on him.

Outlining the events at Manchester City's training ground on May 1 last year, prosecutor Richard Vardon said Barton’s actions had shocked his former Manchester City team-mates, as well as then manager Stuart Pearce.

According to witnesses, the pair squared up to each other after a simmering row during a training match session.

Dabo, 30, was said to have felt intimidated that Barton had invaded his personal space as he shouted and swore at him. The Frenchman pushed his shoulder with both hands, and in retaliation Barton punched him to the left side of his head, causing the Frenchman to fall to the ground and lose consciousness.

Greater Manchester Police said: “The victim walked away, but Barton ran to him and punched him on the side of the head.

“The victim was instantly made unconscious but Barton continued to punch him as he was collapsing to the floor.”

This version of events was collaborated by Pearce and several City players, who indicated Barton had held Dabo down as he continued to punch him.

Vardon added that one player, Georgios Samaras, said he had never seen such a violent incident on a training pitch and would never be able to forget it.

As much as I can't stand Barton and seriously questioned why the club even considered taking a chance with him, especially after what happened with Bowyer, how the fuck can the writer of this article acuse Newcastle of having a "moral obligation" for something that happened before he was a Newcastle player, at another club?!?!?

To be honest you just get the feeling the media is getting absolutely nothing from the club and therefore any opportunity they get the try to have a dig.

The days of the club insider being used to air our dirty linen are gone and the media doesn't like it.