Newcastle and Hearts on top table after G14 break-up

Tom

:blush:

By the by, it's an opportunity to get ahead of the curve and have influence, it's valuable.

You are sounding bitter as fuck by the way B)

If I were your lot I would be concentrating on improving the playing staff rather than influencing the rules of the game.

Im not bitter in the slightest. THFC = In Arsenal's shadow. NUFC = In no-one's shadow.

Agreed

NUFC = In no-one's shadow. In a one horse town. There's an achievement.

Open top bus parade?

We do enough of those when we win corners man.

:blush:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sit round the table with Milan, Madrid, Barca, and the elite clubs of Europe.

Fuck me. That one is going in my sig. Do you really mean that? Do you really think because you got a wild card to this meeting that you are punching with the Milans, Madrid and Barcas?

HAHAHA That is without fail the most delusional thing I have ever heard.

Bar none.

We do sit round the table with them you tosser. FACT. That's the whole point of this group.

Where did I ever say we were on a level with them? In fact I made sure not to imply any such thing, predicting your response.

We are miles away from them. And your sad lot are even further away. When was the last time such teams as Inter, Barcelona, and Juventus were seen at White Hart Lane?

Inter were at the lane pre season last year. We won 2-1 actually.

Preseason friendly ffs, you'll be posting screen-shots from FM2008 next ! :blush:

B)

Are you still banging on about this B) Its really riled you hasnt it! Look at the facts mate, just compare league finishes since 1992, compare the sort of players we have had the privilige to watch compared to you, the clubs we have played in europe compared to you, the gates we get, the money the club has, the popularity of the club abroad.

Theres only one deluded person on here and thats you if you think Londons (arguably) 3rd best club is anywhere near the size of nufc. Yes you won 'A' cup. Congratulations, along with the other huge clubs that are boro, blackburn and leicester. We have been selected to attend this thing because we are the biggest and best club in the league outside the top 4.

Get over it!

A Football did exist before the premiershit came along.

B We have been run in a self sufficient manner for years now unlike FFS mountain of debt he was accumulating.

C You get those gates because you are a one horse town with a bigger stadium.

D Our history of success far outstrips and recent "success" you may have had in KKs first stint.

We are a far bigger club than Newcastle. Not that it matters anyway. All that matters is what you have won.

A very very bitter young man ... but you get that at small clubs. I'll never forget Moyes's reaction when Rafa called them a small club. Don't be defensive Danny, take it on the chin.

Yes Ramos looks like a good manager, things are looking up. :blush:

Guest Stevie
Now that Newcastle are ofically the fifth biggest ... who do you guys feel is number 6? Villa, Everton or Citeh/Other?

I think Leeds, certainly in terms of fanbase, even though they've sank a long way, they're a far bigger club than Spurs, Everton or City in my view and won the title in living memory. When you play the likes of Villa or Spurs it's a mundane run of the mill fixture, but when Leeds come up well there's something special about them, they're definitely bigger than Tottenham in terms of potential and if you can ignore the last 6 years.

Guest Stevie
Are you still banging on about this :D Its really riled you hasnt it! Look at the facts mate, just compare league finishes since 1992, compare the sort of players we have had the privilige to watch compared to you, the clubs we have played in europe compared to you, the gates we get, the money the club has, the popularity of the club abroad.

Theres only one deluded person on here and thats you if you think Londons (arguably) 3rd best club is anywhere near the size of nufc. Yes you won 'A' cup. Congratulations, along with the other huge clubs that are boro, blackburn and leicester. We have been selected to attend this thing because we are the biggest and best club in the league outside the top 4.

Get over it!

B We have been run in a self sufficient manner for years now unlike FFS mountain of debt he was accumulating.

D Our history of success far outstrips and recent "success" you may have had in KKs first stint.

We are a far bigger club than Newcastle. Not that it matters anyway. All that matters is what you have won.

There's no way in your heart you believe that, absolutely no way, unless you are an utter spastic. I don't even think of you as a big club, even a medium big club, I've said before Sunderland are bigger than Spurs and they are.

Now that Newcastle are ofically the fifth biggest ... who do you guys feel is number 6? Villa, Everton or Citeh/Other?

I think Leeds, certainly in terms of fanbase, even though they've sank a long way, they're a far bigger club than Spurs, Everton or City in my view and won the title in living memory. When you play the likes of Villa or Spurs it's a mundane run of the mill fixture, but when Leeds come up well there's something special about them, they're definitely bigger than Tottenham in terms of potential and if you can ignore the last 6 years.

Pack of fucking savages though.

Are you still banging on about this :D Its really riled you hasnt it! Look at the facts mate, just compare league finishes since 1992, compare the sort of players we have had the privilige to watch compared to you, the clubs we have played in europe compared to you, the gates we get, the money the club has, the popularity of the club abroad.

Get over it!

There's no way in your heart you believe that, absolutely no way, unless you are an utter spastic. I don't even think of you as a big club, even a medium big club, I've said before Sunderland are bigger than Spurs and they are.

On what basis Stevie?

For me the big club equation is as follows:

Honours X Fanbase X Current standing

So for example: Leeds whilst having a massive fanbase and a fairly illustrious history, fall down on current standing.

Chelsea's honours list is fairly sparse compared to the likes of United and Pool, however in current standing they are up there.

I think these three variables cover a lot of what it takes to make a big club.

As for Sunderland being a bigger club I think you need to consult your alter ego about that one.

Are you still banging on about this :o Its really riled you hasnt it! Look at the facts mate, just compare league finishes since 1992, compare the sort of players we have had the privilige to watch compared to you, the clubs we have played in europe compared to you, the gates we get, the money the club has, the popularity of the club abroad.

Get over it!

On what basis Stevie?

So for example: Leeds whilst having a massive fanbase and a fairly illustrious history, fall down on current standing.

Chelsea's honours list is fairly sparse compared to the likes of United and Pool, however in current standing they are up there.

As for Sunderland being a bigger club I think you need to consult your alter ego about that one.

OMG! :D

On what basis Stevie?

Danny, genuinely, what about financial backing? Rich clubs are surely bigger than poor clubs? It's logical to assume a small club who suddenly becomes wealthy will be able to attract better players, build bigger stadia, attracting more fans, this can improve their current standing and perhaps bring them honours... therefore surely financial backing is a deciding factor in this too...

Spurs and Newcastle are big English clubs, we're neither of us as big as some clubs and we're both bigger than others. Your reaction in this thread smacks of someone who is insecure about their clubs place in this world.

On what basis Stevie?

Danny, genuinely, what about financial backing? Rich clubs are surely bigger than poor clubs? It's logical to assume a small club who suddenly becomes wealthy will be able to attract better players, build bigger stadia, attracting more fans, this can improve their current standing and perhaps bring them honours... therefore surely financial backing is a deciding factor in this too...

Spurs and Newcastle are big English clubs, we're neither of us as big as some clubs and we're both bigger than others. Your reaction in this thread smacks of someone who is insecure about their clubs place in this world.

Nice use of the word stadia. Don't see it often enough these days. :D

On what basis Stevie?

My reaction was to childish taunts that seemed to imply that because you took the 5th spot at the meeting that you were a bigger club. That was, of course, not the case.

And no, I dont think finance is the mark of a big club. Success can follow money, as is the case with Chelsea but it wont always. QPR have wedge to burn now but I dont see Kaka signing for them just yet. They have to walk before they can run.

I am not insecure with my clubs place in the world. I understand that we are not a United or Liverpool. I also understand that we are a bigger club than Newcastle.

On what basis Stevie?

My reaction was to childish taunts that seemed to imply that because you took the 5th spot at the meeting that you were a bigger club. That was, of course, not the case.

And no, I dont think finance is the mark of a big club. Success can follow money, as is the case with Chelsea but it wont always. QPR have wedge to burn now but I dont see Kaka signing for them just yet. They have to walk before they can run.

I am not insecure with my clubs place in the world. I understand that we are not a United or Liverpool. I also understand that we are a bigger club than Newcastle.

Not until you get in the CL mate. :D

to be fair to danny, spurs have had bigger selling records in the charts than we have! We cant come close to touching Chas n Dave

to be fair to danny, spurs have had bigger selling records in the charts than we have! We cant come close to touching Chas n Dave

I dont know, Jimmy Nail was pretty "special".

certainly was, but never joined forces with Newcastle to make an attack on the hit parade did he?

certainly was, but never joined forces with Newcastle to make an attack on the hit parade did he?

When something is that good you just have to sing about it.

I'd say we were of comparative size, certainly don't think Spurs is bigger than Newcastle. You've had historical success, you've been in the top flight for a fair amount of time, you've a decent sized fan base and you're consistently spoken about as a big club. But so; have, have, have and are, we.

We've a bigger local fan base, but I'd agree that's because we don't live in the shadow of a larger more successful club. We've got plenty of history and it's simply a matter of choice what you class as success. Every season we're in the media spotlight, either them loving us or hating us... which ever it is, one thing's for sure; We're too big to ignore. You're the media darlings every year, every year the "dark horse" and every year you flatter then fail.

You're basing your "spurs is a bigger club than Newcastle " on... a recent pot? Does that mean Middlesbrough are a bigger club than us? I mean they've had European football recently, they've won a cup...

We raised this thread because we knew it would put your nose out of joint and you'd leap to the defence of your team. So desperate to be viewed as a big club, just like Villa etc.

if you'd not cared, you'd have lent credence to your claims that you don't care, you'd lend resolve to your assertion that you're a big club. If you know you're big, why do you need to defend it?

I'd say we were of comparative size, certainly don't think Spurs is bigger than Newcastle. You've had historical success, you've been in the top flight for a fair amount of time, you've a decent sized fan base and you're consistently spoken about as a big club. But so; have, have, have and are, we.

We've a bigger local fan base, but I'd agree that's because we don't live in the shadow of a larger more successful club. We've got plenty of history and it's simply a matter of choice what you class as success. Every season we're in the media spotlight, either them loving us or hating us... which ever it is, one thing's for sure; We're too big to ignore. You're the media darlings every year, every year the "dark horse" and every year you flatter then fail.

You're basing your "spurs is a bigger club than Newcastle " on... a recent pot? Does that mean Middlesbrough are a bigger club than us? I mean they've had European football recently, they've won a cup...

We raised this thread because we knew it would put your nose out of joint and you'd leap to the defence of your team. So desperate to be viewed as a big club, just like Villa etc.

if you'd not cared, you'd have lent credence to your claims that you don't care, you'd lend resolve to your assertion that you're a big club. If you know you're big, why do you need to defend it?

:D

A. You do not have a bigger local fan base than us. Newcastle only has a population of 300K, London is a lot more densly and trust me there will be a lot more than 300K spurs fans in the capital. so even if every geordie was a football fan (let alone a newcastle supporter) you wouldnt get close on that front.

B. You have been out of the top flight a lot more recently than we have.

C. We have won more trophies in both recent and more long term history than you have.

D. We have more of a European pedigree than you do.

By any possible measure you can come up with apart from stadium size and turnover due to stadium sicze, we are a bigger club.

As I say it doesnt really matter who the bigger club is, glory/trophies/playing football in the right manner is all that really counts.

A. You do not have a bigger local fan base than us. Newcastle only has a population of 300K, London is a lot more densly and trust me there will be a lot more than 300K spurs fans in the capital. so even if every geordie was a football fan (let alone a newcastle supporter) you wouldnt get close on that front.

C. We have won more trophies in both recent and more long term history than you have.

By any possible measure you can come up with apart from stadium size and turnover due to stadium sicze, we are a bigger club.

As I say it doesnt really matter who the bigger club is, glory/trophies/playing football in the right manner is all that really counts.

And they STILL haven't invited you to the table?

:o Then why Danny B, do you need to state that Tottenham is bigger than Newcastle in every response in the damned thread? :D

Face it mate, you're as important in the title race, in English football as we are. We're more important on the European stage because we've represented this country more frequently, recently. Our clubs both operate in the second level of the English premiership as a standard and we're both major players in the domestic transfer market. You've got it into your head that Spurs are bigger than Newcastle and that's just wrong. They're roughly of the same importance.

I think the majority of Newcastle fans put us on a par with Spurs in terms of size and importance, but Spurs fans seem utterly deluded. Believing themselves to be the big boy outside of the top. Which is just not true. Compared to Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal you're a minnow. Deal with it.

And they STILL haven't invited you to the table?

We have established the decision was based on Uefa coefficient which we will be surpassing you with this season.

Edited by Danny B