Ashley's NUFC Income

Happy Face

It's getting bandied about all over what Ashley has spent on the club (£235M) and how he can now sell at a profit. Has anyone worked out exactly what he's personally making from the club and whether or not it makes business sense to sell?

Now that there's no interest payments to keep up, is he not sitting on a pretty little earner? Isn't that why he's sorting the wage bill to make it an even more profitable concern for himself rather than anyone else?

Between '98 and '06 the club wasn't profitable for 4 of those 8 years (to the tune of -£39.5M)...

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/profits2.htm

But in that period, the owners took out £30M in pay for themselves and spent £26M on financing debt (total £56M)...

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/costs2.htm

Those costs have now gone so the loss turns into a £17M profit to add to the £11M profit in the other 4 seasons.

Even if we keep up the kind of investment in players that the previous owners made, Ashley should be making money year on year, while sitting on an assett of ever-increasing value.

On that basis you're right, but the only thing about Ashley is that he may have seen it as a quick buck. Buy it, sort out the mess its in, sell for a profit. Depends what he wants. Does he want a quick profit or a long term profit.

Clearly that in itself is what makes it an attractive investment for Bin Laden and that. I just can't see why any investor would want to walk away from that kind of return at the moment. Shepherd certainly didn't want to. All the shrewdest businessmen and investment companies are coming into football these days, not getting out.

It's getting bandied about all over what Ashley has spent on the club (£235M) and how he can now sell at a profit. Has anyone worked out exactly what he's personally making from the club and whether or not it makes business sense to sell?

Now that there's no interest payments to keep up, is he not sitting on a pretty little earner? Isn't that why he's sorting the wage bill to make it an even more profitable concern for himself rather than anyone else?

Between '98 and '06 the club wasn't profitable for 4 of those 8 years (to the tune of -£39.5M)...

But in that period, the owners took out £30M in pay for themselves and spent £26M on financing debt (total £56M)...

Those costs have now gone so the loss turns into a £17M profit to add to the £11M profit in the other 4 seasons.

Even if we keep up the kind of investment in players that the previous owners made, Ashley should be making money year on year, while sitting on an assett of ever-increasing value.

Maybe he has his eyes on another club. :D

Maybe he has his eyes on another club. :D

I can't see many clubs being offered to him if he gets himself a track record for using clubs for short term personal profit.

He's already running one business, he may not fancy running another for long. If he's offered the chance of a massive profit, he'll take it imo - he seems an opportunist kind of bloke. That said, who knows whether any of these stories have any substance.....

He's already running one business, he may not fancy running another for long. If he's offered the chance of a massive profit, he'll take it imo - he seems an opportunist kind of bloke. That said, who knows whether any of these stories have any substance.....

Totally agree. I think he has a number in his head and I think your evaluation of him is right.

From co.uk

NEWCASTLE United Managing Director Derek Llambias has rubbished tabloid speculation that the Club could soon be sold.

The Magpies have installed a new-look executive management team ahead of the new season which is committed to furthering the long-term development of the Club.

Article continues>>

And, with reports emerging over the weekend that the Club could be put up for sale, Mr Llambias has moved quickly to correct such rumour.

"At a time when everyone at Newcastle United is working hard to prepare for the new season ahead, it is annoying that we have to continually correct inaccurate newspaper stories," he explained.

"Whoever is putting these stories around is clearly trying to destabilise the Club and you wonder what their motives are for doing this.

"By putting a new management structure in place this year, by investing in new signings at first team and academy level, and by introducing cheaper tickets for our younger fans, the long-term commitment and vision for Newcastle United is there for all to see.

"Those actions speak louder than any words and I'm sure supporters see these stories for what they are - utter nonsense."

I'm growing to like LLambias, strikes me as someone who doesn't suffer fools.

edit would it be worth slapping a law suit against one of these papers who're printing these bullshit stories?

Edited by The Fish

edit would it be worth slapping a law suit against one of these papers who're printing these bullshit stories?

Expensive, long winded and who knows what will come out in the wash. ie No. The papers then run with it and serialise it. :D

It seems to be that no matter what the club or it's officials say the press are hell-bent on causing unrest for for us. I've stopped reading anything negative that the press print, better off just waiting for the official news and statements from the club itself.

Expensive, long winded and who knows what will come out in the wash. ie No. The papers then run with it and serialise it. :D

I'm certain it's the papers that approached this American company to see if they'd be interested. They run the story, then ring the company back for a comment to confirm they were approached. Gives legitimacy to a story they've concocted out of thin air.

I'm certain it's the papers that approached this American company to see if they'd be interested. They run the story, then ring the company back for a comment to confirm they were approached. Gives legitimacy to a story they've concocted out of thin air.

I don't believe that.

I don't believe that.

Yet you believe US Helicopters fired rockets at the twin towers to bring them down?

Selective conspiracy theorisist.

It seems to be that no matter what the club or it's officials say the press are hell-bent on causing unrest for for us. I've stopped reading anything negative that the press print, better off just waiting for the official news and statements from the club itself.

That's my attitude but I'm worried by the Intermedia statement.

Alex Ferguson's sucess was built on an early siege mentality he instilled in his players. He used to wind them up big time in the thought that the press just wanted them to fail.

Let's hope KK can do the same with Newcastle United, as it's fairly obvious what is going on with the press and us.

your figure's assume that there will be no investment on the playing side , but yeah , there is a great annual income tobe had from the toon .

id hoped he'd invest and break even in a few year , but that doesnt look like whats going on :D

I don't believe that.

Yet you believe US Helicopters fired rockets at the twin towers to bring them down?

:o

It was a little helium balloon inadvertedly let off by a handicapped boy with a Spurs top on.

I don't believe that.

:o

It was a little helium balloon inadvertedly let off by a handicapped boy with a Spurs top on.

Ive had funnier doses.

your figure's assume that there will be no investment on the playing side , but yeah , there is a great annual income tobe had from the toon .

id hoped he'd invest and break even in a few year , but that doesnt look like whats going on :D

My figures assume the same investment in players as between '98 and '06. A period in which we were some of the biggest spenders in the league.

I did make the mistake of using the wrong graph though, as one of the links states...

"the total loss the club has made since 1998 which is £27m turns into a loss of £62m when the shareholders have taken their cut."

As a tax paying PLC the club should have aimed at breaking even every year in that period. That £27 million equates exactly to the amount paid to finance our debt in that period.

id hoped he'd invest and break even in a few year , but that doesnt look like whats going on :o

My figures assume the same investment in players as between '98 and '06. A period in which we were some of the biggest spenders in the league.

I did make the mistake of using the wrong graph though, as one of the links states...

"the total loss the club has made since 1998 which is £27m turns into a loss of £62m when the shareholders have taken their cut."

As a tax paying PLC the club should have aimed at breaking even every year in that period. That £27 million equates exactly to the amount paid to finance our debt in that period.

Shocking those dividends really. :D