Lampard on his way to Inter

Paul

BBC SPORT

Inter begin Lampard negotiations

By Saj Chowdhury

Inter Milan have opened negotiations to sign Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard, BBC Sport understands.

The Serie A club are believed to have sent a fax to Chelsea to begin the process of reuniting the 30-year-old with former Blues coach Jose Mourinho.

Earlier this month, Mourinho, who became Inter boss in June, said he did not expect to sign Lampard this summer.

The ex-West Ham star is into the final year of his Chelsea contract and is yet to commit his future to the club.

Reports on Monday suggested that the opening offer from Inter was £6.5m for Lampard, who is set to leave for free next summer.

The recent arrival at Stamford Bridge of Portugal central midfielder Deco, who was also courted by Mourinho and who has joined the Blues on a two-year deal from Barcelona, may hasten Lampard's exit.

There are also reports circulating that Chelsea striker Didier Drogba could be set for a reunion with Mourinho.

The Portuguese boss indicated in June that he would like to work with the Ivory Coast international again.

"I cannot forget Deco, Lampard and Drogba. These are players who I could never say no to," stated Mourinho.

"I would love to work with them again in the future but I am not too obsessed with this idea."

He added: "I don't know which of these three will leave their clubs but we will see."

If Mourinho bids for Drogba then he may face a fight for his signature from local rivals AC Milan, whose technical director Leonardo told BBC Sport that they are also keen on the forward.

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...sea/7482773.stm

Published: 2008/07/07 12:49:59 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure they will cope with deco, arshavin and robinho. Maybe spurs should sign him? 5th biggest club and all that!

Yawntastic.

I see this as different to the Ronaldo thing. I don't want Ronaldo to leave the EPL because I think it'll be a poorer league without him. Fat Frank on the other hand... I don't think there'll be too much of a loss when/if he goes abroad. I think the Italian League is the only league he would maintain his profile and comparable success. Chelsea don't really need him, or the money so I'd say it'd be a better idea to let him go now, with the new gaffer coming in and all the circus that comes with that.

What absolute bollocks Dave!

He's better than most in the league and suffers a lot from his poor performances for Ingerlund.

I have him at the toon in a shot, at least we'd then occassionally have one from our midfield.

Sammy if you're going to get all indignant, I'd suggest reading the post before you have a period.

I didn't say he was crap, he is a good player, I'd definitely have him at Newcastle, I just don't think he'll be a massive loss to the league. Ronaldo is unlike anyone else in the EPL and he shows that week in week out. Frank is a good player, nobody is doubting that, but I just don't think there would be such a furore surrounding his departure as there is surrounding Ronaldo's

Now, be a good little Aussie and say you're sorry.

Sammy if you're going to get all indignant, I'd suggest reading the post before you have a period.

I didn't say he was crap, he is a good player, I'd definitely have him at Newcastle, I just don't think he'll be a massive loss to the league. Ronaldo is unlike anyone else in the EPL and he shows that week in week out. Frank is a good player, nobody is doubting that, but I just don't think there would be such a furore surrounding his departure as there is surrounding Ronaldo's

Now, be a good little Aussie and say you're sorry.

Fuck off you pompous, blazer wearing, wordsworth wannabe tool Dave (is that better?)

Yes so when Ronaldo fucks off to Madrid next week there will be a few, like yourself, that are disappointed.

Me personally I'll be quite chuffed :D as it will mean the ever increasing gap between my club and another of those that wear red will be decreased ever so slightly.

I think you might need to reread your post.

Fat Frank on the other hand... I don't think there'll be too much of a loss when/if he goes abroad.

Indignant? Asshole. Hairy. Armpit. Calling. David :o

Sammy, you're making yourself look increasingly dense, no mean feat by anybodies measure.

I don't think the League will be weaker without Lampard, not noticeably, Ronaldo's exit will noticeably weaken the league.

You lazy, reactionary, arrogant, antipodean fanny flap.

Sammy, you're making yourself look increasingly dense, no mean feat by anybodies measure.

I don't think the League will be weaker without Lampard, not noticeably, Ronaldo's exit will noticeably weaken the league.

You lazy, reactionary, arrogant, antipodean fanny flap.

Listen here you wacky's arse rimming fool.

The only people who care whether Christ "he's fallen over again" Ronaldo is leaving are those that support the team he plays for. Or are you sima in disguise?

And David, do I need to quote your exact words again?

Or are you going all stevie/thompers/crimson on us and trying to back out of what you said, AGAIN?

Here let me quote you so you don't have far to look:

Fat Frank on the other hand... I don't think there'll be too much of a loss when/if he goes abroad.

Now loosen your blazer, it's cutting off your oxygen supply. :D

Edited by sammynb

See I'm struggling to see Sammy's point? because all I've said is that I don't think Lampard will be a loss to the EPL and that Ronaldo will be. He's gone 14 year old girl on me. At no point have I changed my story, backed out of anything. What it is, is Sammy looking for an outlet for his hormonal moaning. It's pretty obvious and dull.

I'd be curious as to what exactly Sammy thinks my point is, because he's got himself all excited over nothing. Again.

got bored of typing out Premier League and Premiership.

How about you just call it the league like the rest of the english speaking world.

Dave, with the exception of your beloved Ronaldo, name a better proven midfielder that plays in the league?

How about you just call it the league like the rest of the english speaking world.

Dave, with the exception of your beloved Ronaldo, name a better proven midfielder that plays in the league?

Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard, Fabregas.

Off the top of my head like.

but, what was my point Sammy, because so far you're just arguing for the fun of it.

Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard, Fabregas.

Off the top of my head like.

but, what was my point Sammy, because so far you're just arguing for the fun of it.

Really? See Dave you just showing up how little football you actually watch. Scholes and Giggs at the moment are bit players.

Gerrard is over-rated and believes he is bigger than any team he plays in. I'd say that you got one out of four correct.

A couple of quick stats for you, tell me who they belong to out of the four players you've listed and Lampard:

App Sub Goals

40 (2) 20 =

43 (10) 4 =

52 (5) 21 =

45 (2) 13 =

34 (4) 2 =

Now David before you get all indignant on us, yes we all know goals don't make a midfielder but if you want I can find the assist for last season and you'll find a similar pattern.

Maybe what you'd be best to remember in the scheme of this whole discussion are these stats for our midfielder with the (edit) 2nd most appearances for last season:

37 (7) 0 =

Edited by sammynb

Seriously Sammy, what do you think my point is? This is you arguing for the fun of it

Possibly but Dave when someone makes a flop like comment you are the first to point out the error of their ways, well today you are flop and I just thought I'd do you the favour :D

Seriously Sammy, what do you think my point is?

By the way I think the point of your argument is:

which flop comment?

Honestly Sammy, I've no idea what you think we're arguing about?

So your argument is against the fact I don't think the league will suffer when Frank leaves?

Edited by The Fish

so you've got all menstruationy because I don't rate Frank as highly as you do?

fucking hell sammy, you need to get laid. :D