Newcastle Larsson's only offer

Scottish Mag

The agent of Sebastian Larsson has refuted speculation linking the Birmingham midfielder with a move to either Blackburn or Wigan.

Per Jonsson confirmed the only Premier League side to have made an offer for the Sweden international are Newcastle, although there is also interest from abroad.

Larsson’s preference is to remain in England but it may not be at Birmingham next season following Blues’ relegation from the top flight.

“I have seen [the Blackburn link] in the English newspapers but I know nothing about that,” Jonsson told setantasports.com.

“There are a lot of rumours at this time of year – the Wigan story is the same.

“The only offer I know of is from Newcastle but I haven’t heard from them in the last week.

“There is interest from abroad as well but Sebastian wants to stay in England.

“It is still early in the window - we could know more at the end of July.”

He's pretty good at free-kicks tbf, which is something we need as we haven't scored directly from a free-kick for the last two seasons (?). At the very least, adds depth to the squad.

Geremi and N'Zogbia both scored on free-kicks last year. But we still need to improve that area.

He's pretty good at free-kicks tbf, which is something we need as we haven't scored directly from a free-kick for the last two seasons (?). At the very least, adds depth to the squad.

Geremi and N'Zogbia both scored on free-kicks last year. But we still need to improve that area.

So they did - poor memory. Last time someone could take free-kicks well though was when we had Solano in his penultimate season here.

wouldn't be too fussed either way if he did or didn't come, but i think he'd be a good squad member on a respectable wage. i hate to think what we're paying geremi, when i feel him and larsson are of a similar level.

personally i think geremi is absolute shite, there was a game last season where he seemed to fluff it everytime he got the ball, and the Commentators were sounding him out for an unreal performance. think our midfield should consist of zog, a new attacking centre mid, and spiderman, with duff, geremi and milner sat on the bench,

Wouldn't mind seeing him here, but he's not exactly a vast improvement on what we've got. At least he's got youth on his side