"The Match"

Scottish Mag

On the Celeb v Legends programme tonight it said that the celebs will play the Newcastle first team sometime this week.

Considering the amount of injuries we have its not really clever to put our only fit players out against their Sunday league standard players... :lol:

With our luck its a stick on someone will get crocked.

On the Celeb v Legends programme tonight it said that the celebs will play the Newcastle first team sometime this week.

Considering the amount of injuries we have its not really clever to put our only fit players out against their Sunday league standard players... :D

With our luck its a stick on someone will get crocked.

42059[/snapback]

i just posted something similar in the match thread in chat. I agree, it did say they were to play our 'first team' Cant believe we'd risk whats left of our 'fit' players against unprofessionals who, in the heat of the moment are very likely to break someones leg :lol::huh:

If thats true and they actually play our proper first team then everyone connected with our club should be shot with shit quite frankly.

We get injuries in matches, we get them in training, we get them in pre-match warm ups and from internationals, do we really want to add games against celebs to tha list?

Yup.

6-0

from www.nufc.co.uk

NEWS

Celebrities Hit For Six!

By Ian Willis

NEWCASTLE boss Graeme Souness took his players across to the club's Academy this morning to take on the Celebrity team from Sky One's The Match.

The Celebrities, managed by ex-England boss Graham Taylor, face a team of Legends on Sunday in front of a sell out crowd at St. James' Park.

And they got the chance to play against some of the current players as Souness fitted a 15-minute each way game around his training session.

Alan Shearer and Scott Parker were among the Newcastle players who watched from the sidelines, and it quickly became clear that their services wouldn't be required as United scored twice inside the first couple of minutes, with Martin Brittain firing past Jim Alexander and Shola Ameobi also finding the net.

Ameobi then showed some neat footwork to slip past two or three challenges from the Celebrities before rolling the ball into the net from close range to make it 3-0 before the interval.

Newcastle rang the changes for the second half, with Souness and coach Dean Saunders having a run-out alongside England cricket hero Steve Harmison, who has been keeping fit at United's training complex.

Daryl Smylie scored twice in the second half, while Michael Chopra completed a 6-0 win with a neat chip over replacement goalkeeper Phil Tufnell. 

United: Harper (Caig), Gate, Edgar (Harmison), Ramage, Elliott, Brittain, Bowyer, Smylie, Clark (Souness), Ameobi (Saunders), Chopra    

Jesus wept, Ameobi taking the piss out of them, they're going to get humped on Saturday.

42953[/snapback]

Aye, that's coming from a 'Shola Apologist' too ;)

6-0, acceptable or not?

42951[/snapback]

I think 6-0 in 30mins is pretty acceptable. Shame Owen wasn't available, would have been nice to give them a royal tonking and leave them completely demoralised for Sunday!

6-0, acceptable or not?

42951[/snapback]

I think 6-0 in 30mins is pretty acceptable. Shame Owen wasn't available, would have been nice to give them a royal tonking and leave them completely demoralised for Sunday!

42997[/snapback]

Would UglyMackems agree though?

Jesus wept, Ameobi taking the piss out of them, they're going to get humped on Saturday.

42953[/snapback]

Admittedly, it was after they'd tried a new formation with Steven Hawkings and Fred Elliott in defence.

You can guarantee that the "celebs" were told not to tackle the "pros" and the "game" was just for the cameras.

I like the idea of the Match, if I win next years Big Brother i'll definately take part in the Match III!

Loved last year's half time show with all the page 3 models scantily clad, is the same planned this time round does anybody know? I'll have to get the Kleenex in.

You can guarantee that the "celebs" were told not to tackle the "pros" and the "game" was just for the cameras.

I like the idea of the Match, if I win next years Big Brother i'll definately take part in the Match III!

Loved last year's half time show with all the page 3 models scantily clad, is the same planned this time round does anybody know? I'll have to get the Kleenex in.

43235[/snapback]

I agree. It'll bring a tear to my eye too ;)