Todays Tabloid Shizzle

Tom

That remains to be seen. He wants out, we have made the highest offer, lets see how it pans out.

Maybe big Mike's best mate can negotiate the deal as well?

Or maybe it's a big Russian Jewish Nazi conspiracy?

If spuds can get him for 12, then Barca will have him for 10.

18!!!!! Are you blind!!! What have we been saying?

God you are going to be disappointed when those SATs results finally arrive.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The figure being banded about is €23 about £18m. So it is a 6m uplift on pre euros value, still alot though.

Still its not my money, I hope we can pull this off.

£19.2mill is about 23mill Euros by today's exchange rate of 1.2

Just thought i'd let yer know, like.

The rate is 1.2655 mate. I very much doubt Danny's going to go down Thomas Cook to change it up, thats 18.17m.

Silly Billy.

Just going on what I saw at the Post Office yesterday.

Oh, and you're a cock.

The figure being banded about is €23 about £18m. So it is a 6m uplift on pre euros value, still alot though.

The rate is 1.2655 mate. I very much doubt Danny's going to go down Thomas Cook to change it up, thats 18.17m.

Silly Billy.

Oh, and you're a cock.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Maybe he can pay with travellers cheques, we are talking millions of pounds here, he will pay via a financial institution.

Edited by Danny B

Silly Billy.

Oh, and you're a cock.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Maybe he can pay with travellers cheques, we are talking millions of pounds here, he will pay via a financial institution.

He was wrong about the currency but right about you :headphonedance:

Harper looked significantly better than Given last season though.

This.

And If Harper had been playing at almost any other Premier League club he would have definitely got an England call up.

You forget the reason why Harper was on the bench Is because of the high standard of goalkeepers we have,

All the way down to Krul and Forster...

Silly Billy.

Oh, and you're a cock.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA all your best players want to leave, you've never played in the Champions league, your fans are shit.

Harper looked significantly better than Given last season though.

This.

And If Harper had been playing at almost any other Premier League club he would have definitely got an England call up.

You forget the reason why Harper was on the bench Is because of the high standard of goalkeepers we have,

All the way down to Krul and Forster...

Until the last couple of seasons I thought Harper was nothing better than a #2 keeper but he's won me round with some outstanding form. I honestly believe he would have at least made England squads had he been a #1 elsewhere. Perhaps we'll never know as its probably a backward step to include him in any squads from now on due to his age. Regarding Given, he's never looked the same since the clash with Harewood. This could be down to a number of factors but he seems to have lost a little bit of his spring. Possibly that's because he's never gotten himself completely right and lets hope he's now fully rehabilitated. It's entirely possible he'll never be the same keeper again though. In any case, Harper deserves to retain his place on the form he showed in the second half of the season.

Harper made some great stops. He just played well by anyone's standards. Agree he's not as good as Given if both players are on top form. I really hope Shay gets back to his best because he's the best keeper we've had in my time. It's just it's a worrying possibility he might not, which is all I was saying. It's not the end of the world though, even if that were the case because of Harper and Krul. Not sure about Forster tbh. It would be the time to cash in though, if Given isn't the player he once was.

Harper made some great stops. He just played well by anyone's standards. Agree he's not as good as Given if both players are on top form. I really hope Shay gets back to his best because he's the best keeper we've had in my time. It's just it's a worrying possibility he might not, which is all I was saying. It's not the end of the world though, even if that were the case because of Harper and Krul. Not sure about Forster tbh. It would be the time to cash in though, if Given isn't the player he once was.

Be interesting to see if he's lost his spring through age or injury. His game relies on agility imo

Oh dear, it has degenerated into name calling, I'll come back later.

If only we'd realised earlier that that was all it would take.

Be interesting to see if he's lost his spring through age or injury. His game relies on agility imo

aye he's a small keeper (well he's supposedly 6ft1, but i didn't think he was near that tbh) Taylors 6"2 and looks a fair bit bigger

I think he was standing on tippy-toe when they did the measuring :headphonedance:

He is about 6 ft 1 like.

Is that below average height for a keeper in the Prem, I wonder? I suppose it's about presence not height anyway......

Something which Given also lacks.

Edited by ewerk

aye thats why i'm waiting on this season

the Harewood thing was a big injury to come back from

then last season he only had 24apperances total which was broken up with 3 fairly long stints of the same recurring injury which points to it never being proper healed/recovered.

Now it should be, if hes back to his normal standard, he's better than Harper simple as that

was Harpers form helped by the more solid defense he had this season as opposed to past.. no idea but he did well either way.

but if Givens properly fit and has the same defense performing as well this season i reckon he'll do better

(least this is one position we can have a debate over which of our two good keepers is #1 as opposed to the rest of the positions in the team where theres no competition at all..pity we didnt have that problem for the rest!)

Shame you're wrong about Shay regaining his previous form, it happens.

As for Shay being rushed back into the team if anything his instance that he is the #1 keeper has more to do with him coming back early than anything else.

You just have to look at the noises he makes everytime Harper has an extended run in the team.

That remains to be seen. He wants out, we have made the highest offer, lets see how it pans out.

Maybe big Mike's best mate can negotiate the deal as well?

Or maybe it's a big Russian Jewish Nazi conspiracy?

If spuds can get him for 12, then Barca will have him for 10.

18!!!!! Are you blind!!! What have we been saying?

God you are going to be disappointed when those SATs results finally arrive.

:headphonedance:

Oh dear, it has degenerated into name calling, I'll come back later.

If only we'd realised earlier that that was all it would take.

... if only indeed :headphonedance:;):)

I just realised if you put Danny and Torres together, they're just a mackem.

What inspired such depth ... the worry that all three will finish above you next season :headphonedance: ?

I just realised if you put Danny and Torres together, they're just a mackem.

What inspired such depth ... the worry that all three will finish above you next season ;) ?

What am I worried about?

I support a team where there are no expectations, where there is a loyal supporter base, where some American/Swiss clown can gets his cheap jollies frequenting their message boards because the fellow supporters of the team he supports, like us, know he's nothing but plastic. But at least we're big enough to put up with him.

What's worse for you is without Danny, you're only half a mackem. :headphonedance:

Speaking of Mackems, just in from SSN:

Skysports.com understands Pascal Chimbonda is currently undergoing a medical at Sunderland ahead of signing a four-year deal.

The Tottenham defender has been impressed with Black Cats boss Roy Keane, who has convinced him to quit the capital for the North East.

Sunderland have had a £23million offer accepted by Spurs for four of their players, with Keane eager to bring in Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio, Younes Kaboul and Steed Malbranque.

Keane engaged in talks with all four players at the weekend and is confident the quartet will make the move north.

Chimbonda is the first to commit to a deal, with the French international expected to tie up the move within the next 48 hours.

Everton and Aston Villa have also been linked with the former Wigan right-back but it is Sunderland who have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals.

Thank Christ for that!!!