Tom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Mackems, just in from SSN:

Skysports.com understands Pascal Chimbonda is currently undergoing a medical at Sunderland ahead of signing a four-year deal.

The Tottenham defender has been impressed with the huge wages offered, which has convinced him to quit the capital for the North East.

Sunderland have had a £23million offer accepted by Spurs for four of their players, with Keane eager to bring in Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio, Younes Kaboul and Steed Malbranque.

Keane engaged in talks with all four players at the weekend and is confident the quartet will make the move north.

Chimbonda is the first to commit to a deal, with the French international expected to tie up the move within the next 48 hours.

Everton and Aston Villa have also been linked with the former Wigan right-back but it is Sunderland who have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals.

Thank Christ for that!!!

More accurate version

I just realised if you put Danny and Torres together, they're just a mackem.

What inspired such depth ... the worry that all three will finish above you next season ;) ?

What am I worried about?

I support a team where there are no expectations, where there is a loyal supporter base, where some American/Swiss clown can gets his cheap jollies frequenting their message boards because the fellow supporters of the team he supports, like us, know he's nothing but plastic. But at least we're big enough to put up with him.

What's worse for you is without Danny, you're only half a mackem. :headphonedance:

If I'm plastic then so are you pal. You half Belgian dim-wit.

Chimbonda is the first to commit to a deal, with the French international expected to tie up the move within the next 48 hours.

:headphonedance: That's stretching it a bit, how many caps does he have?

£23m :headphonedance:

A profit of about 6 mil, you couldnt make it up.

Still even though Sunderland are spending big it's not as if it's entirely bad business for them.

Tottenham get rid of some cobwebs and Sunderland get some Premier League standard players to keep them in the division.

;) That's stretching it a bit, how many caps does he have?

According to wiki it's one 87th minute sub appearance in a friendly v. Denmark. As you say... :headphonedance:

Spurs will laugh all the way to the bank if that figure is true.

Again, Sunderland have more money than sense.

£23m for four first team players that give them a very good chance of beating relegation?

To me it looks like progress.

The only reason they stayed up last year was because Derby, Reading and Birmingham were so shite.

£23m for four first team players that give them a very good chance of beating relegation?

The only reason they stayed up last year was because Derby, Reading and Birmingham were so shite.

And because of Jones. I agree with you though, money well spent if it keeps them up again.

I can see Keane's reasoning.

He gets a ready made central midfield in TT and Malbranque. Even reasonable right backs are at a premium (yes I know about his attitude) and Kaboul enough of a track record to say that if he got settled he may be quite good.

Its just a lot of money thats all.

And because of Jones. I agree with you though, money well spent if it keeps them up again.

The thing is even if it is a bit expensive - it's better to get ripped off in one go then to be getting ripped off in 2-3 weeks time.

The thing is even if it is a bit expensive - it's better to get ripped off in one go then to be getting ripped off in 2-3 weeks time.

:headphonedance:

Well it's all done in one go.

Transfer negotiations can be a bit harsher with say, a week to go before the deadline and it is easier to talk to one club as opposed to four or five.

+1

One of the lads from the SMB who has a fairly good record said Malbranque has turned down Sunderland but Tainio, Chimbonda, Kaboul, Mayler (Some kid from Cork City) and Nick " :headphonedance: " Colgan are done deals.

Edited by Ketsbaia