Bigfoot: a body discovered ?

Jimbo

Bigfoot’ press conference reveals possum DNA

Promised evidence of mythical man-ape’s existence is not presented

By BOB KEEFE

Cox News Service

Friday, August 15, 2008

PALO ALTO, Calif. — Supposedly, Bigfoot lives in North Georgia, and several of his relatives are still there. At least that’s what a pair of Georgia outdoorsmen and a California “Bigfoot expert” continue to claim.

But if they have definitive evidence to prove it, it wasn’t presented at a press conference here Friday where they had assured the world they’d make believers out of everyone.

Of three samples in a preliminary DNA test, one came back inconclusive, one contained traces of human DNA and one had traces of opossum DNA — probably from something the creature ate, they said.

They didn’t produce a body - that’s in a hidden location, they said. They won’t say where they found the creature and saw others. They won’t let anyone but their own hand-picked scientists examine the body, and none were present on Friday.

Still “we’re now the best Bigfoot hunters in the world,” said Matt Whitton, 31, who lives in the Atlanta suburb of Ellenwood. Whitton and his hiking buddy, 28-year-old Forest Park resident Rick Dyer, wore the promotional bigfootracker.com Web site hats to prove it.

Whitton, a Clayon cop who’s on disability and Dyer, a car salesman and tow truck operator, say they’re not sure how they’re going to make money from their alleged find; earlier they had said they wanted to run Bigfoot expeditions in the North Georgia mountains.

Tom Biscardi, a longtime Bigfoot enthusiast from Menlo Park, Calif. known for his questionable Bigfoot promotions in the past, swears it isn’t a hoax.

“This is as real as you’re standing right where you are, sir,” Biscardi said when asked point blank about it.

Others disagree.

“This is becoming like an alien autopsy,” said Jeffery Meldrum, a noted Bigfoot researcher and a professor of anthropology at Idaho State University. “It’s shenanigans.”

I saw the press conference on CNN and it was very unconvincing, and the photographs they producing were even less convincing than the first one.

An independent investigator in the US has proved that two men who said they had found Bigfoot's remains were actually pulling off a hoax.

Expert Bigfoot tracker Tom Biscardi thought that Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer's claim to have found the monster was genuine at first.

They had given him a sample from the body which matched ape/human DNA.

After paying them a fee to hand over the body, Biscardi's team was taken to the body in Georgia.

Private detective Kull said that they had to thaw out the frozen corpse to investigate it.

"Within one hour we were able to see the partially exposed head," Kulls said.

"I was able to feel that it seemed mostly firm, but unusually hollow in one small section. This was yet another ominous sign."

"Within the next hour of thaw, a break appeared up near the feet area. ... I observed the foot which looked unnatural, reached in and confirmed it was a rubber foot."

While Kull was investigating the corpse, the two fraudsters insisted that Biscardi himself hold a press conference with them to announce the find.

Later, upon discovering he had been victim to a hoax he called the duo at their California hotel.

They admitted it was a hoax and agreed to sign a promissory note at a meeting set for 8am at the hotel.

But when Biscardi got there, he found that they had left.

Now, both Mr Whitton and Mr Dyer, along with Mr Biscardi's money have disappeared

Bet he feels a right tit :D

I listened to the podcast by Tom Biscardi last night, he's the mug that apparently paid $50k for the rubber suit filled with road kill, but if rumours are to be believed he orchestrated the whole thing

http://www.cryptomundo.com/artifacts/new-hoax-video/

http://www.cryptomundo.com/evidence/bisc-case/

I particularly liked this bit...

AP news agency reported that telephone calls to Mr Whitton and Mr Dyer were not returned on Tuesday.

But the voicemail recording for their Bigfoot Tip Line - which proclaims they also search for leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster - has been updated. It announced the duo were also looking for "big cats and dinosaurs".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7571483.stm

:huh:

I don't know why leprechauns are more ridiculous to me than Nessy or Sasquatch, they just are.