Thursday's Fish Wrap

ohhh_yeah

Blackburn boss Paul Ince will try to complete a deal for £6m-rated Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant. (Daily Mail)

Gareth Barry will demand that Aston Villa sell him to Liverpool after Villa last night said the Merseyside club had missed a deadline to sign the midfielder. (Various)

Arsenal could also renew their interest in Gareth Barry in a player-exchange deal with Villa. (The Sun)

Tottenham are poised to complete a £50m double swoop for Russian strike duo Roman Pavlyuchenko and Andrei Arshavin. (Various)

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre is wanted by Paris St Germain but is holding out for his testimonial at Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)

Celtic defender Bobo Balde hopes to sign a one-year deal at Sunderland and move to Wearside on a free transfer. (Various)

West Ham and Manchester City are chasing highly-rated Nancy defender Michael Chretien. (Daily Mail)

Newcastle have been told by Deportivo La Coruna to cough up £10m if they want defender Fabricio Coloccini while Spurs are also said to be chasing the Argentine. (Various)

Portsmouth and Aston Villa have been linked with a move for Espanyol's £5m-rated goalkeeper Carlos Kameni. (Daily Mail)

West Brom are closing in on Charlton defender Madrid Bougherra after having a £2.3m-bid accepted, while boss Tony Mowbray has also made an offer for Bolton centre-back Abdoulaye Meite. (Various)

Younes Kaboul is set for a late £5m switch from Tottenham to Portsmouth after the defender previously agreed terms with Sunderland. (Various)

Hull boss Phil Brown wants to re-sign Manchester United striker Frazier Campbell. (Daily Express)

Celtic have opened talks with Barcelona about signing midfielder Marc Crosas in a permanent deal but will have to stump up £2.5m to sign him. (Daily Record)

Chelsea are unlikely to allow Andriy Shevechko to rejoin AC Milan on a free transfer. (The Times)

Swindon are set to swoop for midfielder Lilian Nalis and Nigerian left-back Yinka Casal. (The Sun)

Bristol City are close to signing Crewe striker Nicky Maynard after having a £2m bid accepted. (The Sun)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is being targeted by CSKA Moscow to become their new manager. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are close to securing manager David Moyes on a new contract worth £60,000 a week. (Various)

Arsenal stand to pocket up to £7m from David Bentley's move from Blackburn to Tottenham as part of the terms of his transfer to Ewood Park in 2006. (Various)

Cristiano Ronaldo looks set to stay at Manchester United after arranging for two giant whirlpool hot tubs to be installed in his house in Cheshire. (Daily Star)

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley says he's not a gambling man after finding himself as the favourite to be the first Premier League boss to be sacked this season. (Various)

Blackburn gaffer Mark Hughes has banned mobile phones, iPods, agents and unscheduled visitors at his team's Carrington training base. (Various)

Robbie Savage's career at Derby looks dicey after the former Blackburn and Leicester midfielder was left out of the pre-season matches with chairman Adam Pearson insisting he has to "fight hard" to win his place back. (Guardian)

Fucking hell Danny, if you get the russians for 50 how much is that you lot have spent.

Arshavin is going cause more hassle than hes worth if he keeps playing well imo, from janaury to now his head/ego has fairly inflated, 100k a week... what a pisstake

"Newcastle have been told by Deportivo La Coruna to cough up £10m if they want defender Fabricio Coloccini while Spurs are also said to be chasing the Argentine. (Various)"

there was me joking about that the other day too =D

I agree. 100k a week for him is madness.

Fucking hell Danny, if you get the russians for 50 how much is that you lot have spent.

Our net spending this summer isnt that high. With the 20mil we got for Keane and the Sunderland offload and Robbos departure we have a faily low net spend.

Kaboul will be off soon. I should imagine that any move for Arshavin would depend on a decent offer being received for Berbatov.

As for that 100K a week rubbish. That wont ever happen in a club run by Daniel Levy.

I think spurs have only spent £7mil after all of the money they have recouped. if they are splashing £50mil on those 2 though I wouldnt fancy berbatovs chances of hanging round!

Berbetov wants to get the hell outta there appearantly.

Newcastle have been told by Deportivo La Coruna to cough up £10m if they want defender Fabricio Coloccini while Spurs are also said to be chasing the Argentine. (Various)

:rolleyes:

Updates

Derby boss Paul Jewell has revealed goalkeeper Stephen Bywater is close to moving to Tottenham. (Derby Evening Telegraph, 1400 BST)

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko will not return to the San Siro this summer. (Press Association, 1356 BST)

QPR are understood to have signed striker Dani Parejo from Real Madrid on a two-year loan deal. (various, 1330 BST)

Cristiano Ronaldo intends to tell Manchester United next week he wants to leave the club and join Real Madrid. (AS, 1225 BST)

Zenit St Petersburg claim they still have not been contacted by Tottenham regarding a possible deal to take Andrei Arshavin to White Hart Lane. (BBC Sport, 0835 BST)

We were linked with him ages ago. Rehashed story IMO.

Is Darren Bent going to be starting for you next season? Hes scored 7 goals in your last 2 friendlies

Dont know, Berbatov will be gone by Sunday, so I am told but we are in for the two Russians so we will have three big name attacking players.

The word is that Ramos doesnt rate Bent but is preparing for life after Berbatov the best he can.

To be honest he has looked brilliant leading the line with Dos Santos in the hole behind feeding him. Saying that, he was brilliant last pre season then Jol dropped him for the first game. I was always very critical of Jol for that. I hope Ramos starts the season with this formation, giving the Russians (if we sign them, time to settle, make cameos and then force there way into the team. The unfortunate thing is, that if we spend all that money people will demand immediate appearances and immediate success.

Arshavin is going cause more hassle than hes worth if he keeps playing well imo, from janaury to now his head/ego has fairly inflated, 100k a week... what a pisstake

"Newcastle have been told by Deportivo La Coruna to cough up £10m if they want defender Fabricio Coloccini while Spurs are also said to be chasing the Argentine. (Various)"

there was me joking about that the other day too =D

I agree. 100k a week for him is madness.

And £20m for Keane who is 28 is sensible business?. I admit he`s a good player but that price is madness for someone who will have very little re-sale value in 4 years time.

The money some clubs are quoting for players in the PL is crazy