Newcastle United 2-2 PSV

Ketsbaia

any reason why you're ignoring my posts Danny? I'm getting all offended and hurt... is it because I eat pig?

Disclaimer:- I'm not in away way shape or form anti-jew, I just like winding you up on it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough but even without working out a weighted average attendance % for you lot, the figure is useless due to the finite capacity of both grounds.

You couldn't fill it till 2004 though. As I've said a few times I remember my first trip to WHL, what a fucking shithole round there is by the way, evil looking blacks everywhere, you could be in Kingston without the nice whether, and the game before we played there was on PL game on a Wednesday night against Villa, crowd 17,000. On the Saturday a big club turn up i.e us, with 7,000 in the Park End and the crowd jumps to 30,000. I've always thought of Tottenham as a mickey mouse non-entity club from that moment, which was on my 16th birthday, and I always will. You could put an argument up that Liverpool fans are comparable to our own, you could put an argument up that Man Utd's away support is as good as ours, but fucking Tottenham?!?!?!/!?!?!?!?!?! It's not even funny, it's that pathetic.

If you are just going to make things up, there is no point in continuing this.

Delusional.

Why would I make that up you nonce? We had the whole Park End, including the bit beside the Shelf because I was right beside it near the corner flag, Beardsley scored a last minute winner beating half your team.

24-Nov-93 FA Prem 17,744 H Wimbledon D 1 - 1 Barmby

27-Nov-93 FA Prem 17,694 A Queens Park Rangers D 1 - 1 Anderton

01-Dec-93 L.C. Cup 4 22,295 H Blackburn Rovers W 1 - 0 Campbell

04-Dec-93 FA Prem 30,780 H Newcastle United L 1 - 2 Barmby (pen)

Apologies the 17000 against Villa came later in the season....

02-Mar-94 FA Prem 17,452 H Aston Villa D 1 - 1 Rosenthal

AND YOU GOT 25K TO A UEFA GAME 2 SEASONS AGO, PLEASE STEVIE, WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Guest Stevie
Fair enough but even without working out a weighted average attendance % for you lot, the figure is useless due to the finite capacity of both grounds.

You couldn't fill it till 2004 though. As I've said a few times I remember my first trip to WHL, what a fucking shithole round there is by the way, evil looking blacks everywhere, you could be in Kingston without the nice whether, and the game before we played there was on PL game on a Wednesday night against Villa, crowd 17,000. On the Saturday a big club turn up i.e us, with 7,000 in the Park End and the crowd jumps to 30,000. I've always thought of Tottenham as a mickey mouse non-entity club from that moment, which was on my 16th birthday, and I always will. You could put an argument up that Liverpool fans are comparable to our own, you could put an argument up that Man Utd's away support is as good as ours, but fucking Tottenham?!?!?!/!?!?!?!?!?! It's not even funny, it's that pathetic.

Delusional.

Why would I make that up you nonce? We had the whole Park End, including the bit beside the Shelf because I was right beside it near the corner flag, Beardsley scored a last minute winner beating half your team.

AND YOU GOT 25K TO A UEFA GAME 2 SEASONS AGO, PLEASE STEVIE, WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

26,000 MY POINT IS THE UEFA CUP IS FOR SHIT CLUBS LIKE EVERTON, TOTTENHAM AND BORO TO GET GIDDY ABOUT. ONCE YOU'VE HAD THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, YOU REALISE THE UEFA CUP IS BENEATH YOU. IT'S LIKE GOING FROM SHAGGING CHERYL COLE ON A REGULAR BASIS TO SHAGGING NORRIS COLE ON A REGULAR BASIS. NOT THAT YOU WILL EVER FIND THAT OUT WITH YOUR MICKEY MOUSE CLUB.

MY OTHER POINT IS THAT 17,000 CROWDS IN THE PREMIERSHIP ERA DESERVE TO BE LAUGHED AT, DON'T EVEN THINK BORO HAVE BEEN THAT LOW. I'M JUST POINTING OUT HOW INFINITELY INFERIOR YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SON.

BFITW?

"Best fans In The World." © Sky Sports and The Premier League - Football didn't exist before we did

So you're admitting it's a media fabrication and not something spawned on Tyneside? Nice one.

Yet so many of you buy into it. (Well Stevie does anyway.)

Some do. Morons at every club though. It does get to people that they know they wouldn't get the levels of support we'd get if they'd been through what we've been through. And that's through our history, not just now. People often point to low gates of ours and so on (and we've had them) but the mitigating factors are normally pretty strong - normally set against a backdrop of poor results on the field and low attendances in English Football across the board. Feel free to pull me up on that if you disagree.

I totally agree, football was on its knees in the mid 80s (although IMO it was alot more fun going to football back then).

I just get sick and tired of the legendary Toon fans that are no better or no worse than any other set.

TBH, the most vocal travelling support we get are Man Utd.

To be fair, most fans would be loud if they had a side like that. And some fans are definitely better than others too.

Go on admit it, you rate yourself as a cut above, dont you?

I am a cut above.

You couldn't fill it till 2004 though. As I've said a few times I remember my first trip to WHL, what a fucking shithole round there is by the way, evil looking blacks everywhere, you could be in Kingston without the nice whether, and the game before we played there was on PL game on a Wednesday night against Villa, crowd 17,000. On the Saturday a big club turn up i.e us, with 7,000 in the Park End and the crowd jumps to 30,000. I've always thought of Tottenham as a mickey mouse non-entity club from that moment, which was on my 16th birthday, and I always will. You could put an argument up that Liverpool fans are comparable to our own, you could put an argument up that Man Utd's away support is as good as ours, but fcking Tottenham?!?!?!/!?!?!?!?!?! It's not even funny, it's that pathetic.

Delusional.

26,000 MY POINT IS THE UEFA CUP IS FOR SHIT CLUBS LIKE EVERTON, TOTTENHAM AND BORO TO GET GIDDY ABOUT. ONCE YOU'VE HAD THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, YOU REALISE THE UEFA CUP IS BENEATH YOU. IT'S LIKE GOING FROM SHAGGING CHERYL COLE ON A REGULAR BASIS TO SHAGGING NORRIS COLE ON A REGULAR BASIS. NOT THAT YOU WILL EVER FIND THAT OUT WITH YOUR MICKEY MOUSE CLUB.

MY OTHER POINT IS THAT 17,000 CROWDS IN THE PREMIERSHIP ERA DESERVE TO BE LAUGHED AT, DON'T EVEN THINK BORO HAVE BEEN THAT LOW. I'M JUST POINTING OUT HOW INFINITELY INFERIOR YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SON.

YOU'RE JUST TALKING RUBBISH AS PER USUAL, WE CAN ALL MAKE EXCUSES FOR LOW ATTENDANCES, WE WERE RUBBISH BACK THEN. YOU CANT EXCUSE 26K 2 YEARS AGO AND CONDEMN A LOW ATTENDANCE 14 YEARS AGO.

FACE IT, YOU'RE SUPPORT ISN'T SPECIAL. ITS THESE DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR THAT MAKE OTHER CLUBS LAUGH AT YOU.

You couldn't fill it till 2004 though. As I've said a few times I remember my first trip to WHL, what a fucking shithole round there is by the way, evil looking blacks everywhere, you could be in Kingston without the nice whether, and the game before we played there was on PL game on a Wednesday night against Villa, crowd 17,000. On the Saturday a big club turn up i.e us, with 7,000 in the Park End and the crowd jumps to 30,000. I've always thought of Tottenham as a mickey mouse non-entity club from that moment, which was on my 16th birthday, and I always will. You could put an argument up that Liverpool fans are comparable to our own, you could put an argument up that Man Utd's away support is as good as ours, but fcking Tottenham?!?!?!/!?!?!?!?!?! It's not even funny, it's that pathetic.

Delusional.

YOU'RE JUST TALKING RUBBISH AS PER USUAL, WE CAN ALL MAKE EXCUSES FOR LOW ATTENDANCES, WE WERE RUBBISH BACK THEN. YOU CANT EXCUSE 26K 2 YEARS AGO AND CONDEMN A LOW ATTENDANCE 14 YEARS AGO.

FACE IT, YOU'RE SUPPORT ISN'T SPECIAL. ITS THESE DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR THAT MAKE OTHER CLUBS LAUGH AT YOU.

:(

Guest Stevie

Delusional.

FACE IT, YOU'RE SUPPORT ISN'T SPECIAL. ITS THESE DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR THAT MAKE OTHER CLUBS LAUGH AT YOU

Yes I can. 26,000 when we're as good as already through in a competition SO SHIT, Celtic, Middlesbrough and Rangers have all reached the final in recent years, where despite being shit in four years we've lost 3 games in about 40?!?! thus putting us in the top 15 in the UEFA rankings. The UEFA Cup is for nobodies, it's a poorer competition than the Carling Cup, and that's saying something. The league will always be the most important competition, and only 15,000 perhaps of your fans could be bothered to go and support a team with quality players like Darren Anderton, Teddy Sheringham and Nick Barmby in it. You have shit support. There's really nothing more I can add, you know the truth in your heart.

Edited by Stevie

Guest Stevie
Delusional.

Finished.

Just one more fing, as Columbo would say.

Tottenham Hotspur 4 Cardiff City 0: Keane and Lennon send Bluebirds packing

By Jason Burt

Thursday, 18 January 2007

Related Articles

* Newcastle United 1 Birmingham City 5: Newcastle are given five-star humbling

* Fulham 4 Leicester City 3: Routledge leaves it late to fell Leicester

* Print Print

* Email Email

Search Search Go

Independent.co.uk Web

Bookmark & Share

* Digg It

* del.icio.us

* Facebook

* Stumbleupon

What are these?

Change font size: A | A | A

The romance of the FA Cup? The devilment more like. A piece of cunning by Robbie Keane, stretching the offside laws to their limit, allowed Spurs to breach Cardiff City last night and paved the way to a comprehensive dismantling of the Welsh side in this third-round replay.

Spurs now meet Southend United, whom they beat to reach the semi-finals of the League Cup. A run in the senior knock-out competition is the least to expect. The threat they carry with Keane linking with the elegant power of Dimitar Berbatov - and Aaron Lennon providing frightening directness - can make them a real force. And they also have Jermain Defoe.

It was Lennon who scored that first goal. But it was Keane's role in it that provoked debate. A free-kick by Cardiff's Stephen McPhail was cleared to Berbatov and he released Lennon. The winger rapidly fed Didier Zokora who slid a pass forward and towards Keane who was offside but allowed the ball to run, opening his arms to show he was not intending to intervene. It distracted the Cardiff defenders who stopped. Lennon did not, the ball reached him and he calmly steered it beyond goalkeeper Neil Alexander.

"In today's game it's technically not," said the Cardiff manager, Dave Jones, of the was it/wasn't it offside. "So I don't feel hard done by. But I do feel angry with my players who switched off. It was a lazy switch-off. For the 25 minutes up until then we matched them."

After that there was no contest, Spurs rattled in two more goals before half-time and another late on to condemn Cardiff to a 13th game without a win. For Spurs this cup football is a joy. Including the Uefa Cup they have now won 10, drawn once and scored an impressive 24 goals. Little wonder manager Martin Jol was purring afterwards.

He was relieved, also. This was a perfect antidote to the last two home games, losses to Liverpool and Newcastle. "We were a bit worried," Jol admitted. "We had to win this." That second defeat led to Jol questioning, in his programme notes, whether his squad had enough leaders.

It was Keane who led last night. Recalled to the team and wearing the captain's armband in the absence of still injured Ledley King, he provided a bit more guile. It meant the goalless draw at Ninian Park 11 days ago was quickly banished.

Indeed in the opening moments Keane fed Berbatov who whistled a shot narrowly wide. That proved a sighter. Soon shots were raining in on Alexander - unfortunately he was not up to the task. He fumbled a Steed Malbranque shot and then watched as Berbatov wonderfully spun away from Glenn Loovens to cut the ball back. Keane swept it in from six yards.

A third goal was inevitable and Benoit Assou-Ekotto burst down the left before slipping a pass to Malbranque. On the area's edge the midfielder lashed a right-footed shot inside the near post with Alexander woefully stranded.

Spurs, for whom Tom Huddlestone brilliantly dictated the tempo, eased up for a while but with the arrival of Defoe they increased the pace again. He darted into the area and relayed the ball to Keane who, with a clear sight of goal, stumbled. Then Hossam Ghaly barrelled through a challenge and shot from distance. Alexander spilled the ball to Defoe who nudged it over the line for his 14th goal of the season.

"Tottenham's a library," taunted the visiting fans. Maybe. But their team was still taught the lesson.

Tottenham Hotspur (4-4-2): Robinson; Chimbonda, Dawson, Gardner, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Zokora (Tainio, 75), Malbranque (Ghaly, 65); Keane, Berbatov (Defoe, 70). Substitutes not used: Cerny (gk), Lee.

Cardiff City (4-4-2): Alexander; Gilbert, Purse, Loovens, McNaughton; Ledley, Scimeca, McPhail, Flood (Cooper, 56); Chopra (Ferretti, 75), Thompson. Substitutes not used: Forde (gk), Johnson, Campbell.

Referee: M Riley (Yorkshire).

Att: 27,641

27,000 in the FA Cup with 4,000 away fans, not even on TV, we all agree yids support is shiter than Boro's. DISGRACE would not even begin to cover that.

27K for Some hastily arrange FA cup replay at a stupid time on a school night.

vs

26K for a Uefa match with tickets on sale weeks in advance.

If we are disgrace, you are just as much so.

Guest Stevie
27K for Some hastily arrange FA cup replay at a stupid time on a school night.

vs

26K for a Uefa match with tickets on sale weeks in advance.

If we are disgrace, you are just as much so.

Nar it's just you appreciate the UEFA Cup more than us, you're still at the stage where you're not aware how shite it is. The Champions League is the only place to be. UEFA is a joke. We've played terrorists before.

Funny we've never had too many problems with gates in the domestic Cups on "school nights". Our midweek domestic Cup games since 2000:

Stoke 35,108

Chelsea 37,889 (LIVE ON TV) League Cup

Southampton 40,544

Chelsea 38,044 (LIVE ON TV) League Cup

WBA 47,732 League Cup

Everton 34,584 League Cup

Ipswich 32,576 League Cup

Orient 37,284 League Cup

Bradford 41,847 League Cup

You'll never win or compete.

Delusional.

If you're going to use a big font, at least check your spelling.

To be honest Spurs fans are renowned for having delusions of grandeur too.

I loved the quip from the beeb commentator in the Euros (can't remember which one): "Modric beats the floor in frustration...he think's he's at Spurs already!"

:(

I would say it's Spurs, Newcastle and Everton top that league ... you guys aren't bitter though and have a more than reasonable claim to being a big club.

I would say it's Spurs, Newcastle and Everton top that league ... you guys aren't bitter though and have a more than reasonable claim to being a big club.

Hilarious coming from you.

I'm worried about Danny's sugar levels after all this. :(

Has never been quite the same since coming on here ... it all seems to have gone a bit fuzzy for him. :icon_lol:

Oh here we go ... you're going to tell me that I'm plastic, bitter and that Liverpool is a small club compared to you lot ... go on, I dare you! :(:icon_lol:

Oh here we go ... you're going to tell me that I'm plastic, bitter and that Liverpool is a small club compared to you lot ... go on, I dare you! :(:icon_lol:

Where have ever said that before? Good luck with that one. You do come across as as plastic as they come though. I've mentioned that before.

You're a big club but you do have deluded fans and you're one of them. The amount of Liverpool fans who think they've got some divine right to win the league is canny high. You've got more chance than us. Which is why a little kid like you hangs about here instead of a Man Utd board.

Coming from a club who's fans class themselves as bigger than Man Utd. You yank nobhead.

We class ourselves as more successful, which we are. Fact. You racist piece of shit.

Coming from a club who's fans class themselves as bigger than Man Utd. You yank nobhead.

We class ourselves as more successful, which we are. Fact. You racist piece of shit.

Americans aren't a race are they?