Why is it that

LeazesMag

Don't you think they've been in the papers enough over the last few years?

43258[/snapback]

I don't know. What I mean is the only person who talks to the press is Souness.

Is this healthy ? At other clubs, players talk to the local press.

The conclusion is they are being prevented from doing so, which is pretty daft and isn't enforcing discipline or showing trust, it's just treating them like kids.

If he is so confident he has signed the "right sort of players" why doesn't he let them? And no, even Bellamy didn't gob off to the press, it was Robert who did that.

If one of those rapists turn out to be one of our players though, thats Souness claims totally in flames though eh ?

As he also keeps saying the spirit is so good [disgraceful allegation against what he was left by a vastly superior manager and person, discussed elsewhere] it would be nice to see if some of the players came out and said in fact this was true......

Same with Bolton,they never talk to the press.

43425[/snapback]

maybe they are all turning out mindless robots...apart from Rio bloody Ferdinand who has a column in every paper 7 days a week it seems ..

Wait a moment, Rio Ferdinand IS a mindless robot

Edited by LeazesMag

footballers interviews are bit crap though aren't they...years of being taught how to handle the press,not wanting to say anything contraversial(lest it should upset a sponsor),which footballers do we think would actually say something worth listening to anyway.

lets start a lets keep football on the pitch campaign,boycott any companies that use footballers to advertise,boycott any papers that have footballers columns,tell the publishing world we dont want autobiogs of kids who've barely started their careers,let match of the day know we tape it then fast forward only to the action,missing out all the hansenesque crap.(i feel better and cleaner for that)

As far as I'm aware there's been no change of policy...

Generally a few players are asked (by the club) to give an interview a couple of days before the match. Each media generally gets a different player.

Players for post-match interviews are requested by the press.

Very often they are turned down Dyer/Bowyer/Bellaz/Robert/Pievert/Bramble/baba/Carr were/are pretty unlikely to agree to them. I can see Emre/Zoggy slipping into this catagory

So you get the club sctratching around for a player to put forward for interview, and most of the time you'd get your good old pro (Shearer/Shay/O'B/Hughes/Speed/Jenas/Taylor) coming forward both pre and post match. I would see Owen and Parker slipping into this catagory.

So the press won't use the interview cos they've heard from those people too much.

I did notice that Baba gave a pre-match interview for Pompey, by my reckoning that'll be pretty much the first since he was unveiled in january..

As far as I'm aware there's been no change of policy...

Generally a few players are asked (by the club) to give an interview a couple of days before the match. Each media generally gets a different player.

Players for post-match interviews are requested by the press.

Very often they are turned down Dyer/Bowyer/Bellaz/Robert/Pievert/Bramble/baba/Carr were/are pretty unlikely to agree to them. I can see Emre/Zoggy slipping into this catagory

So you get the club sctratching around for a player to put forward for interview, and most of the time you'd get your good old pro (Shearer/Shay/O'B/Hughes/Speed/Jenas/Taylor) coming forward both pre and post match. I would see Owen and Parker slipping into this catagory.

So the press won't use the interview cos they've heard from those people too much.

I did notice that Baba gave a pre-match interview for Pompey, by my reckoning that'll be pretty much the first since he was unveiled in january..

43686[/snapback]

I dare say you are right. It just seems that Souness is always talking to the press, and telling us how good the spirit is at the club [which I resent because I see it as a jibe against Sir Bobby Robson who he would be a lot better off trying to learn from]....but never mentions the results !

Edited by LeazesMag

Interesting to see you making assumptions LM when you chastise everyone in sundry for making them about Bellamy.

44015[/snapback]

now matey....I'm prepared to admit if I have made assumptions, with good reason, they may indeed be unfounded, see the above post !! Time will tell because we don't know though for sure do we.

I don't know what assumptions about Bellamy you mean though ?

Still think he is out of order though insinuating the spirit at Newcastle under Sir Bobby was "not very good", when Souness actual results on the pitch are nowhere near as good as Sir Bobs..not to mention the direct insult to him ....

Interesting to see you making assumptions LM when you chastise everyone in sundry for making them about Bellamy.

44015[/snapback]

now matey....I'm prepared to admit if I have made assumptions, with good reason, they may indeed be unfounded, see the above post !! Time will tell because we don't know though for sure do we.

Still think he is out of order though insinuating the spirit at Newcastle under Sir Bobby was "not very good", when Souness actual results on the pitch are nowhere near as good as Sir Bobs..not to mention the direct insult to him ....

44029[/snapback]

leazes is spliffed up here as he is so mellow.....

...admitting he's made assumptions that may be unfounded

...giving time..."time will tell","we dont know anything for sure"

.."think" he is out of order,not "know"

i reckon leazes has become a grandad over the weekend and is turning a new leaf

tried to put a laughing smiley in there but it wont work

Edited by shakermaker

leazes is spliffed up here as he is so mellow.....

...admitting he's made assumptions that may be unfounded

...giving time..."time will tell","we dont know anything for sure"

.."think" he is out of order,not "know"

i reckon leazes has become a grandad over the weekend and is turning a new leaf

tried to put a laughing smiley in there but it wont work

44051[/snapback]

welll...er .. cough cough...I admit I had a lock in last night like ..

EDIT: but I made this post BEFORE going out .......

Edited by LeazesMag

44015[/snapback]

44029[/snapback]

Never said you made the assumptions mate, just that whenever anyone else makes them about Bellamy, you dismiss them as being rubbish and it's all Souness's fault.

44015[/snapback]

44029[/snapback]

Never said you made the assumptions mate, just that whenever anyone else makes them about Bellamy, you dismiss them as being rubbish and it's all Souness's fault.

44074[/snapback]

Dunno Sima..Bellamy was a gobshite..but so is Roy Keane, and Wayne Rooney, to name 2, and while I know as a player he can't compare with those you know what I mean...

Alex Ferguson doesn't sell them, he manages and gets the best out of them ...

It's your absolving him of any blame in his departure that makes you look a hypocrite.

44083[/snapback]

I have said I know he was out of order for calling his manager a liar in public ...

it must be a strange feeling though to be driven to do such a thing [and yes I realise this is an assumption but there are pointers to this being correct]

44015[/snapback]

44029[/snapback]

44074[/snapback]

Dunno Sima..Bellamy was a gobshite..but so is Roy Keane, and Wayne Rooney, to name 2, and while I know as a player he can't compare with those you know what I mean...

44081[/snapback]

*cough* Jaap Stam *cough*

44015[/snapback]

44029[/snapback]

44074[/snapback]

44081[/snapback]

44401[/snapback]

I haven't seen the "My boss is a liar" interviews that Keane and Rooney did either. :)

44015[/snapback]

44029[/snapback]

44074[/snapback]

44081[/snapback]

44401[/snapback]

I haven't seen the "My boss is a liar" interviews that Keane and Rooney did either. :)

44403[/snapback]

results results results..its all about results...if Ferguson sold a few players for any reason and manu slipped out of even the top 4, never mind down to 14th ....... what do you think would happen to him

You ain't gonna win this Gem mate, Souness will go and be consigned to the failure dustbin

And - I say it again. You should have told us when Bobby Robson was here we would be so much better off without Bellamy .....

While I agree about Fergie LM, you weren't talking about results in this regard.

44441[/snapback]

On the contrary Alex, I always have...my beef with Souness is that I have absolutely NO confidence in him at all. [Apart from him being a fuckwit, bully, egotistical wanker, chickenshit coward who put his personal agenda before his job which is to produce a winning football team for MY club, who I would have quite happily watched Bellamy hit him with a hard hammer in return for assaulting him on the training ground, for selling my favourite player at Newcastle who carried that mantle because he is the sort of player I want at Newcastle ie he has talent combined with complete desire to win all the time on the pitch where it matters and no I don't give a toss if he carries baggage or not when he performs like he did on the field]

However, if a manager like Alex Ferguson came in and sold Craig Bellamy for football reasons, I would trust him..the same as when Keegan sold Cole.