Newcastle and the university

TheInspiration

Hi. In a few weeks I will be starting at Newcastle University. I was wondering if it's possible any of you could give me some information and your own personal views about the place. I hear the nightlife is very good from many sources. What about the music venues and sport in the local area, especially cricket and other outdoor activities like watersports? How accessible is the nearby countryside also and is it a nice place to visit to get away from the big city?

Also, are/did any of you at/go to Newcastle University? I'm staying at Castle Leazes in Spital Tongues I believe. Any of you able to recommend it and also I assume it's rather convenient as well being near the university and city centre?

Thank you very much for your time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. In a few weeks I will be starting at Newcastle University. I was wondering if it's possible any of you could give me some information and your own personal views about the place. I hear the nightlife is very good from many sources. What about the music venues and sport in the local area, especially cricket and other outdoor activities like watersports? How accessible is the nearby countryside also and is it a nice place to visit to get away from the big city?

Also, are/did any of you at/go to Newcastle University? I'm staying at Castle Leazes in Spital Tongues I believe. Any of you able to recommend it and also I assume it's rather convenient as well being near the university and city centre?

You're a five minute walk from the union.

That should sort you for a month or so.

Carry a yellow hankie and you'll be grand.

I stayed in Henderson Hall, it was quality, although a bit out of town. Castle Leazes is joe average accom, the main bonus is it's a 2minute walk from everything you need in uni.

Re: nightlife, itdepends on what you fancy and enjoy I suppose.

give us an idea of your preferred bars/clubs etc. and I'm sure the combined wit and wisdom on here can point you in the right direction.

how come when I was a student all I got was abuse, now this numpty is starting down the same fucking path he's getting slaps on the backs and communal circle jerks off you?

bstds. B)

how come when I was a student all I got was abuse, now this numpty is starting down the same fucking path he's getting slaps on the backs and communal circle jerks off you?

bstds. B)

Because you're a big fat pig.

Re: nightlife, itdepends on what you fancy and enjoy I suppose.

give us an idea of your preferred bars/clubs etc. and I'm sure the combined wit and wisdom on here can point you in the right direction.

Don't listen to The Fish, he will send you to all the gay bars B)

bstds. :icon_lol:

B)

I think you'll agree it was during student-life I put on that weight. Before and after Uni I'm one trim mother fucker.

and don't listen to Magma, he's still not allowed in most of the bars in town.

maybe Liquid on the Biggy... that's about it though right?

bstds. :icon_lol:

He reckons he's skinny now Gemmill... B)

You in the Trent this weekend chubby cheeks? I might be hauling all 15 stone there myself. :icon_lol:

Alas no, I'm down in London for the Notting Hill Carnival rasssssclart. B)

Shame like I would have enjoyed jamming Craig NHS specs down his scrawny neck :icon_lol:

You in the Trent this weekend chubby cheeks? I might be hauling all 15 stone there myself. :icon_lol:

Shame like I would have enjoyed jamming Craig NHS specs down his scrawny neck :icon_lol:

Have you forgotten I don't live up there anymore wise-crack? :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: You'll look like John Candy in Cool Runnings.

B) Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme!

and Craig I had assumed you piping up was a precursor to an appearance at a piss-up. Not allowed out to play any more? Been locked in the closet under the stairs again?

B) Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme!

and Craig I had assumed you piping up was a precursor to an appearance at a piss-up. Not allowed out to play any more? Been locked in the closet under the stairs again?

Nope, just 300+ miles away with the prospect of my house being sold from under me with all the proceeds of the sale going to my ex-wife (well that's the offer that's been put to me anyway....)

Money is tight at the moment :icon_lol:

Aye well, she needs my agreement otherwise it goes to court..

Either way I'll end up with nothing, if it goes to court neither will she so fuck it B) hopefully she'll change her mind before it goes that far :icon_lol: