Today

LeazesMag

Shay Given won man of the match.

When a keeper wins man of the match, it suggests you fought a backs to the wall job. Bollocks, it was nothing of the sort. He saved the penalty but it doesn't mean he was man of the match.

In comparison to last weeks effort at Old Trafford, todays effort was a disappointment. But this is Newcastle United, such things should be expected.

We huffed and puffed in the first half. After the changes in the 2nd half, we had a better shape and that along with the confidence borne out of the goal, played better and deserved it in the end.

Collocini at the back was assured, you could say he was pivotal, but really he was a spare defender. Taylor took Davies, and Colocinni was a spare man but he was tested last week and came through with flying colours.

Guthrie hardly wasted a ball, but he played too deep to be influential in an attacking sense.

When Geremi came on, we looked much better balanced. He may have the legs of a 40 year old but he hits quality balls - sometimes - including the assist for the goal.

Milner did better than Duff up front. But the weakness in this team is glaringly obvious.

Jonas did OK. I think he's a matchwinner, but I think he's out of position. I think Keegan is playing him on the left side because he knows that he will track back and allow zoggy to move forward, and the 2 of them will swap around and rotate positions etc. Good in theory, but as he is reportedly interested in a left back then the reason must be that he isn't happy with Enrique and sees zoggy as a left sided player and Jonas as a right sided player. The 2 of them doing what Gillespie and Ginola did 12 years ago.

Its obvious we are lacking up front. Viduka won't even play 20 games, and you want someone to perform for between 25-30 games.

It says a lot though when Geremi is so influential. There's clearly a few players to be added here.

We deserved it. Just.

Guest Stevie

Spiderman works like a trojan, and I thought Coloccini done quite well apart from that header near the end when Davies I think it was lost him (might have been Nolan). He's a good footballer though, he put a tremendous right wing cross in in the second half.

I went in early to get one of the vouchers, but they had none left, sneaky cunts, I was fuming. On a brighter note I think Singers Corner might work quite well, and the stewards piped right down letting us stand all game. I even brung a bottle of Magners to my seat and no one said anything.

Spiderman works like a trojan, and I thought Coloccini done quite well apart from that header near the end when Davies I think it was lost him (might have been Nolan). He's a good footballer though, he put a tremendous right wing cross in in the second half.

I went in early to get one of the vouchers, but they had none left, sneaky cunts, I was fuming. On a brighter note I think Singers Corner might work quite well, and the stewards piped right down letting us stand all game. I even brung a bottle of Magners to my seat and no one said anything.

Should have got yourself a deep fried mars bar with that Stevie and you could have been Joke69's evil twin

Guest Stevie

Should have got yourself a deep fried mars bar with that Stevie and you could have been Joke69's evil twin

I would like to meet J69 to be honest, there can't be anyway possible he's a bigger plum in person than he is on line.

I would like to meet J69 to be honest, there can't be anyway possible he's a bigger plum in person than he is on line.

I have my doubts, probably got one of them faces that you'd never tire of punching

People are saying N'Zogbia was crap but he put some good balls into the box. I don't agree with him playing there really but we barely needed our fullbacks yesterday (to play as fullbacks) Bolton were so negative. With that in mind, N'Zogbia was probably a good option there. The worst thing about that is though is it means Duff gets a game.

Good sum up LM. I got there early as well to sort out my ticket, was outside the turnstile for 1.30pm and they didnt open the doors until around 2pm ? Did get 4 vouchers though so that was me sorted.

Overall a decent win. Was never going ot be a stroll. Always the same coming off the back of a good result (Man U away). Bolton were never going to roll over. Didnt really come to life until the penalty then we seemed to get a kick up the arse (that we needed).

Out need for a forward was shown more than ever though I reckon.

Guest Stevie

I have my doubts, probably got one of them faces that you'd never tire of punching

I wouldn't punch a man with geps.

I thought the two Argies and Guthrie looked the biz yesterday like. Good signings by KK.

That being said it was obvious Spidey was feeling the trip to South America for their match mid-week and wasn't up for the same amount of work he did against Man U but it appeared he knew that and unlike some played to his limitations on the day.

The only time Colo looked in trouble was when future Ingerlund captain Taylor put him under pressure with some of his hospital ball passes.

That being said it was obvious Spidey was feeling the trip to South America for their match mid-week...

Is Minsk in South America now? ;)

I don't think N'Zogbia was the weakest player on the pitch yesterday, that was Duff by a long way. However, if Bolton were a better side he would have had the team in a lot of trouble. With Zog out of position so often Bolton should've played down the right far more than they did, I just don't think they have the talent. Zog went forward more often than Jonas did, and the fact that Jonas was dropping back to cover him was the only reason I can't slate Zog's game too much.