Let's all Laugh at Spurs

The Fish

I think he's better than he's playing for sure, but "great" is stretching it. Shouldn't be the first choice striker for a club that's purportedly gunning for the last CL spot and expecting UEFA at least.

His career goals / game says otherwise.

You never did tell me what his goals / games ratio was for Spurs.

I think he's better than he's playing for sure, but "great" is stretching it. Shouldn't be the first choice striker for a club that's purportedly gunning for the last CL spot and expecting UEFA at least.

He's a very good striker but certainly not great. Great is Pele or Gerd Muller for example.

Different context mate, hes great not A great.

Yeah but he wouldn't get in any of the top six sides and yet he's supposed to be your main striker gunning you to the CL?

He scores 1 goal in every 2 prem starts. That would get you into any top team.

18 prem goals in 05-06. Just not very fashionable

1 in every 2 starts.

He's a very good striker but certainly not great. Great is Pele or Gerd Muller for example.

Different context mate, hes great not A great.

Yeah but he wouldn't get in any of the top six sides and yet he's supposed to be your main striker gunning you to the CL?

He scores 1 goal in every 2 prem starts. That would get you into any top team.

18 prem goals in 05-06. Just not very fashionable

It's actually 1 goal in every 2.4 games and if he was good enough for any team then how come a month ago he was offered to Sunderland? And surely if a top 6 team came in for Darren Bent then he would be at a top 6 team now, because as well all know Daniel Levy likes to cave in to the demands of real clubs. You are and always will be a feeder club for Man United.

As for Rebrov MK II he will struggle in the Premiership

1 in every 2 starts.

If thats his goals ratio for spurs you need to update his Wikipedia entry and fast because it states that in 30 appearances he's only hit the net 7 times. Maybe the batteries in your calculator need changing? Have you thought about investing in a solar powered one you know save the environment and all that?

1 in every 2 starts.

If thats his goals ratio for spurs you need to update his Wikipedia entry and fast because it states that in 30 appearances he's only hit the net 7 times. Maybe the batteries in your calculator need changing? Have you thought about investing in a solar powered one you know save the environment and all that?

Oh dear someone needs to read before getting all smart arse. Difference between a start and an appearance being?

Getting ten minutes at the end of an 80 min Berb and Keane show hardly constitutes a crack of the whip.

1 in every 2 starts.

More like less than 1 in every 4 appearances.

You tried to take the piss out of us for signing a 22 year old at half the price with a better record in the Spanish league. Well done on making a fool of yourself again.

1 in every 2 starts.

You tried to take the piss out of us for signing a 22 year old at half the price with a better record in the Spanish league. Well done on making a fool of yourself again.

mate you are showing yourself up, Bent is 0.4gpg on appearances in the prem. your fella was 0.25.

I know the education system up there isnt great but do yourself a favour.

1 in every 2 starts.

mate you are showing yourself up, Bent is 0.4gpg on appearances in the prem. your fella was 0.25.

'Mate', for Spurs his league ratio is 0.2333. Do the maths.

1 in every 2 starts.

'Mate', for Spurs his league ratio is 0.2333. Do the maths.

as I say poxy cameos mean nothing. click the link and think on.

FACT

Xisco scored a goal for every game that he started in La Liga in 2005/2006. That's as a 20 year old.

The year before as an 18/19 year old he scored for every second game that he started.

That didn't stop you ridiculing Xisco's record did it?

Do you have details of how many of his appearances were from the bench?

FACT

Xisco scored a goal for every game that he started in La Liga in 2005/2006. That's as a 20 year old.

The year before as an 18/19 year old he scored for every second game that he started.

Well Im sure he will be great too.

Nope, I'm going off what they were saying on SSN, that they couldn't understand why he was on the bench so much. Either way 9 goals in 25 league appearances last season ain't bad for such a young guy.

Nope, I'm going off what they were saying on SSN, that they couldn't understand why he was on the bench so much. Either way 9 goals in 25 league appearances last season ain't bad for such a young guy.

SSN said 12 in 44

FACT

In the 2007/2008 Premier league season Darren Bent started in 11 Premier League matches. In those games he netted a total of 3 goals.

SSN said 12 in 44

I said 'last season', do try to keep up.

For me, relying on Bent would be like relying on Viduka. Or even relying on Martins.

Sure they'll score a few and they're decent at the club, but I'm glad we've got Owen as our 1st choice and we've still got Xisco, and yes even Carroll and Ameobi to call on if injuries strike... Who (other than Pav and Bent) have you got to put the ball in the net? This is (and has always been) my point.

FACT

In the 2007/2008 Premier league season Darren Bent started in 11 Premier League matches. In those games he netted a total of 3 goals.

Well whadya know, so his record is just 3 league goals last season? Seeing of course as how those 'poxy cameos mean nothing'.

Edited by ewerk

FACT

ha ha what a shit statistic.