Let's all Laugh at Spurs

The Fish

You can post something about foreskins, that normally gets him going.

seriously though fish, the state you are in you can't really us any shit can you.

:lol: nope, but it was a nice distraction, just like the mockery of the 'appy 'ammers losing their manager in similar situation to us, without anything like the media frenzy. It's like gallows humour, you've got to laugh or you'd cry.

The only reason there was a frenzy was because no one at the toon would give a straight answer.

TBH some of you lot appear to be revelling in the attention of this farce....its odd.

Well I'm reveling in the fact that Spurs fans had such high hopes for this window with talk of Arshavin, David Villa and various other players and their fans have been stiffed by a hierarchy that is equally as shit as Newcastle's with Frazer Campbell, Darren Bent still on the books and some guy who has been playing week in week out for 6 months and has only ever had one good tournament (trust me he'll be dead by Christmas)

Levy must be laughing his cock off with that 30 million gathering interest in the club coffers with no transfer window to spend it in. I don't know whether that is his biggest masterstroke or when Spurs released 4 kits in one season :D

seriously though fish, the state you are in you can't really us any shit can you.

:lol: nope, but it was a nice distraction, just like the mockery of the 'appy 'ammers losing their manager in similar situation to us, without anything like the media frenzy. It's like gallows humour, you've got to laugh or you'd cry.

The only reason there was a frenzy was because no one at the toon would give a straight answer.

TBH some of you lot appear to be revelling in the attention of this farce....its odd.

Nah it's embarrassing to be honest, but it perfectly illustrates the difference between clubs like West Ham/Tottenham and ourselves. No one really cares when anything happens at your clubs, when something happens here there's a media meltdown from Inverness to the Isles of Scilly. If you go on any clubs forum throughout the country there'll be 10 threads on the front page about Newcastle and Keegan, did this happen about Jol or Santini, no one noticed or cared, "ah its only Tottenham so fuck". You will plead ignorance but you know exactly what I mean. Today was a classic example, "so Curbishley has left West Ham, now back to our main story, still no news from St James'..."

I have to say it was my first day back in the office today since the weekend and when i got in i had Paulo (Portuguese, Benfica) and Younnis (Algerian/French, Marseille) at my desk double quick going 'whats going on!??'

Berbawho? Robbedblindinho? Nah, Keegan.

Edited by ChezGiven

Berbawho? Robbedblindinho? Nah, Keegan.

It was my first day back at work today too. In Manchester. Working with City fans for the most part. All they wanted to talk about was Keegan. Sure they rubbed it in a bit, went on about how he walked out on them, but when you get right down to it Newcastle was the only thing they talked about.

Nah it's embarrassing to be honest, but it perfectly illustrates the difference between clubs like West Ham/Tottenham and ourselves. No one really cares when anything happens at your clubs, when something happens here there's a media meltdown from Inverness to the Isles of Scilly. If you go on any clubs forum throughout the country there'll be 10 threads on the front page about Newcastle and Keegan, did this happen about Jol or Santini, no one noticed or cared, "ah its only Tottenham so fuck". You will plead ignorance but you know exactly what I mean. Today was a classic example, "so Curbishley has left West Ham, now back to our main story, still no news from St James'..."

Funny how this thread started about an incident that happened with Spurs a year ago. but youre right, no one gives a fuck!

but as I said who wants publicity for being shit. TBH if you hadn't employed a manager that had been out of football for a decade and made such a fuss, this would be as much of a non story as Curbs.

Edited by Danny B

If we're such a non-entity mate... why do you persist in returning? Just to get a bite? You need a hobby mate... you're a bit lonely if the only fun you have is to try and get somebody to bite on an internet message board? :lol:

Edited by The Fish

If we're such a non-entity mate... why do you persist in returning? Just to get a bite? You need a hobby mate... you're a bit lonely if the only fun you have is to try and get somebody to bite on an internet message board? :lol:

mate it just amazes me some of the shite spouted on here. I look at plenty of teams message boards but this one has been the only that tempted me to sign up and add some sanity.

mate it just amazes me some of the shite spouted on here. I look at plenty of teams message boards but this one has been the only that tempted me to sign up and add some sanity.

:D but you don't

All you do, every post you make... is wum-ary at it's worst. You devolve every thread into a pointless debate about who's bigger Newcastle or tottenham and fail to bring wit or insight.

So, here's your chance, as an outsider what do you think about the events at St James'?

:D but you don't

All you do, every post you make... is wum-ary at it's worst. You devolve every thread into a pointless debate about who's bigger Newcastle or tottenham and fail to bring wit or insight.

So, here's your chance, as an outsider what do you think about the events at St James'?

Read back through this thread again fish. Stevie started in with the small club bollox (as per usual)

What do I think? I think KK has thrown his toys out of the pram because he wanted one player and the senior management went out and bought someone else.

I think MA has tasked his boys to buy players that will increase in value rather than players at the end of their careers on big wages..

Just my idea on matters.

Edited by Danny B

you don't think Keegan has the right to be pissed off that he is supposed to have final say in transfer dealings and that he'll get the financial backing... when it's clear neither of those statements are true?

you don't think Keegan has the right to be pissed off that he is supposed to have final say in transfer dealings and that he'll get the financial backing... when it's clear neither of those statements are true?

Thats what happens when you coach in that system, the senior management have a strategy for players and you coach within it.

Thats what happens when you coach in that system, the senior management have a strategy for players and you coach within it.

If Keegan was told from the outset that he would have no say in transfer dealings then I'm fairly sure he wouldn't have taken the job.

If Keegan was told from the outset that he would have no say in transfer dealings then I'm fairly sure he wouldn't have taken the job.

If things were only that black and white. I am sure he was told he would have input. For example on areas that need strengthening. The thing is with managers is that they never say no to a player because even one they didnt want is better than nothing. KK probably hoped he would get his number one choice but management thought that because he accepted the youngster, that would do. All just speculation of course but I firmly believe thats why we ended up with Darren Bent. We didnt need him but he was offered to the manager and he said "what the hell, how can it hurt"

If things were only that black and white. I am sure he was told he would have input. For example on areas that need strengthening. The thing is with managers is that they never say no to a player because even one they didnt want is better than nothing. KK probably hoped he would get his number one choice but management thought that because he accepted the youngster, that would do. All just speculation of course but I firmly believe thats why we ended up with Darren Bent. We didnt need him but he was offered to the manager and he said "what the hell, how can it hurt"

20m later. :lol:

20m later. :lol:

Keane, Defoe and Berba later and I am finally glad we have him.

Edited by Danny B

Not sure I agree with the logic there, mate. If Owen, Martins and Viduka fucked off, I probably wouldn't be glad that Shola is still knocking about.

No offence but if you think Shola and Darren Bent are even playing the same game you need a check up from the neck up.

Not my point like but agree that Shola is unmitigated shite and Bent is less so.

Bent is a great striker but just isnt suited to our style of play.

If we are going to get the most out of him we are going to have to learn to play the channels rather than playing ball to feet the whole time.

I think he's better than he's playing for sure, but "great" is stretching it. Shouldn't be the first choice striker for a club that's purportedly gunning for the last CL spot and expecting UEFA at least.

I think he's better than he's playing for sure, but "great" is stretching it. Shouldn't be the first choice striker for a club that's purportedly gunning for the last CL spot and expecting UEFA at least.

His career goals / game says otherwise.

He's a very good striker but certainly not great. Great is Pele or Gerd Muller for example.

He's a very good striker but certainly not great. Great is Pele or Gerd Muller for example.

Different context mate, hes great not A great.

Different context mate, hes great not A great.

Yeah but he wouldn't get in any of the top six sides and yet he's supposed to be your main striker gunning you to the CL?

Just saying if I was you, I'd be displeased that Bent was my best striker and be pretty pissed off that I'd lost my top two strikers.

You're gambling an awful lot that an untested Pavluchenko (sp?) and a less than prolific Bent will provide goals and an even bigger gamble if either of those get injured.