Let's all Laugh at Spurs

The Fish

Sevilla chief slams Levy

Del Nido accuses Spurs chairman of hypocrisy

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has been accused of hypocrisy over his reaction to the Dimitar Berbatov transfer.

The Bulgarian striker sealed a £30.75million move to Manchester United on deadline day after being picked up by Sir Alex Ferguson at the airport.

Levy was unhappy with the manner of United's pursuit all summer and also reported Liverpool to the Premier League over their approach for Robbie Keane.

Spurs eventually dropped their complaints as both players moved on, but Levy voiced his feelings again on Tuesday as he called for a review of the transfer system.

However, Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido has now criticised Levy for his conduct.

Disrupted

Del Nido is still angry about the way Tottenham landed coach Juande Ramos last October and believes justice has been done.

"The way that Ramos flew the coop and abandoned his team en route to London last year totally disrupted our season and now I'm pleased that Spurs are being paid back in kind over the Berbatov transfer. Their complaints are hypocrisy personified," Del Nido said in the Evening Standard.

Del Nido also hit out at Levy over his attempts to sign Spain international Diego Capel from Sevilla.

"For months now they've (Spurs) been trying to sign Capel and sending emissaries to try and persuade us to sell," explained Del Nido.

"We told them what our understanding of the player's worth was and therefore what the minimum we would demand in order to let Capel go.

"But it appears they couldn't pay that price so they didn't get him. I must admit that if it had been any other team (than Spurs) the price I'd have quoted to sign Capel would have been lower.

"In fact there is no point in telling a lie the price would have been considerably lower. Now they've missed out on him and we won't sell Capel to Spurs."

:lol:

Sevilla chief slams Levy

Del Nido accuses Spurs chairman of hypocrisy

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has been accused of hypocrisy over his reaction to the Dimitar Berbatov transfer.

The Bulgarian striker sealed a £30.75million move to Manchester United on deadline day after being picked up by Sir Alex Ferguson at the airport.

Levy was unhappy with the manner of United's pursuit all summer and also reported Liverpool to the Premier League over their approach for Robbie Keane.

Spurs eventually dropped their complaints as both players moved on, but Levy voiced his feelings again on Tuesday as he called for a review of the transfer system.

However, Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido has now criticised Levy for his conduct.

Disrupted

Del Nido is still angry about the way Tottenham landed coach Juande Ramos last October and believes justice has been done.

"The way that Ramos flew the coop and abandoned his team en route to London last year totally disrupted our season and now I'm pleased that Spurs are being paid back in kind over the Berbatov transfer. Their complaints are hypocrisy personified," Del Nido said in the Evening Standard.

Del Nido also hit out at Levy over his attempts to sign Spain international Diego Capel from Sevilla.

"For months now they've (Spurs) been trying to sign Capel and sending emissaries to try and persuade us to sell," explained Del Nido.

"We told them what our understanding of the player's worth was and therefore what the minimum we would demand in order to let Capel go.

"But it appears they couldn't pay that price so they didn't get him. I must admit that if it had been any other team (than Spurs) the price I'd have quoted to sign Capel would have been lower.

"In fact there is no point in telling a lie the price would have been considerably lower. Now they've missed out on him and we won't sell Capel to Spurs."

:lol:

I'm prepared to laugh at Spurs for lots of things but not this. A bitter president showing how he won't let something lie 7 months after it happened, it's hardly worth ridiculing Tottenham about.

The Fish I just wanted to post this in the hope you get up to double figures on your thread. I've noticed seven of the last eight of the threads you've started have failed to interest people to the extent that they've failed to reach two figures.

The Fish I just wanted to post this in the hope you get up to double figures on your thread. I've noticed seven of the last eight of the threads you've started have failed to interest people to the extent that they've failed to reach two figures.

Stevie have you considered starting a thread on this, just to see if that itself breaks the threshold?

Edited by trophyshy

:D Never thought this would cause any controversy, was posted as a distraction more than anything. Found it amusing that they're complaining about bad practise regarding Berbatov's sale, but are guilty of it themselves... nothing more exciting than that.

Sorry Stevie, next time I'll be sure to post something deliberately inflammatory just to meet your approval :lol:

:D Never thought this would cause any controversy, was posted as a distraction more than anything. Found it amusing that they're complaining about bad practise regarding Berbatov's sale, but are guilty of it themselves... nothing more exciting than that.

Sorry Stevie, next time I'll be sure to post something deliberately inflammatory just to meet your approval :lol:

Just something which doesn't cry out "I have nothing to say here" would suffice.

B) Never thought this would cause any controversy, was posted as a distraction more than anything. Found it amusing that they're complaining about bad practise regarding Berbatov's sale, but are guilty of it themselves... nothing more exciting than that.

Just something which doesn't cry out "I have nothing to say here" would suffice.

:rolleyes: any other handy tips? maybe an undercurrent of bigotry? an excessive use of swear words and clichéd stereotypes?

Come on Stevie, you're clearly a past master. :D

B) Never thought this would cause any controversy, was posted as a distraction more than anything. Found it amusing that they're complaining about bad practise regarding Berbatov's sale, but are guilty of it themselves... nothing more exciting than that.

:rolleyes: any other handy tips? maybe an undercurrent of bigotry? an excessive use of swear words and clichéd stereotypes?

Too much tea is bad for you marra.

You can post something about foreskins, that normally gets him going.

seriously though fish, the state you are in you can't really us any shit can you.

seriously though fish, the state you are in you can't really us any shit can you.

:lol: nope, but it was a nice distraction, just like the mockery of the 'appy 'ammers losing their manager in similar situation to us, without anything like the media frenzy. It's like gallows humour, you've got to laugh or you'd cry.

:lol: nope, but it was a nice distraction, just like the mockery of the 'appy 'ammers losing their manager in similar situation to us, without anything like the media frenzy. It's like gallows humour, you've got to laugh or you'd cry.

The only reason there was a frenzy was because no one at the toon would give a straight answer.

TBH some of you lot appear to be revelling in the attention of this farce....its odd.

Sorry fella, but that's bollocks, there was a frenzy because the media created a story, which snowballed out of control.

Quick question, regarding the story in the OP, do you truly feel you've been the victim in the Berbatov saga? I mean he blatantly wanted to move to a bigger club who could guarantee him Champions League football, let alone first team football (or was his exclusion as a result of poor training/poor behaviour etc. ?)

Can you really begrudge him wanting to move? Or is it more that you believe Man U to have acted inappropriately?

The only reason there was a frenzy was because no one at the toon would give a straight answer.

TBH some of you lot appear to be revelling in the attention of this farce....its odd.

Nah it's embarrassing to be honest, but it perfectly illustrates the difference between clubs like West Ham/Tottenham and ourselves. No one really cares when anything happens at your clubs, when something happens here there's a media meltdown from Inverness to the Isles of Scilly. If you go on any clubs forum throughout the country there'll be 10 threads on the front page about Newcastle and Keegan, did this happen about Jol or Santini, no one noticed or cared, "ah its only Tottenham so fuck". You will plead ignorance but you know exactly what I mean. Today was a classic example, "so Curbishley has left West Ham, now back to our main story, still no news from St James'..."