The London Clique's London Exploits

Meenzer

in a fortnight for a couple of weeks if you fancy a Capital Pint or two?

somewhere not as shit as the Sports Bar this time eh? :panic:

Skanky New Cross Irish Pub! Skanky New Cross Irish Pub! :panic:

:panic: do they sell good vodka and good lager? :panic:

(and shouldn't this be in a seperate thread, so the norven monkeeeees don't get involved in our soiree?

Yessir. :wank:

Good vodka: probably not. Good lager: certainly not. Well, they might have decent bottled stuff for all I know, but it's only Aussie piss, British piss and Belgian piss on draught, which is why I tend to stick to the Brown Ale or the Irish rat's droppings.

Am I selling the place well? ;)

Of course, if we're not meeting in conjunction with a televised match then we can actually go somewhere decent.

Edited by Meenzer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a fortnight for a couple of weeks if you fancy a Capital Pint or two?

somewhere not as shit as the Sports Bar this time eh? :panic:

Skanky New Cross Irish Pub! Skanky New Cross Irish Pub! :panic:

:panic: do they sell good vodka and good lager? :panic:

(and shouldn't this be in a seperate thread, so the norven monkeeeees don't get involved in our soiree?

Yessir. :wank:

Good vodka: probably not. Good lager: certainly not. Well, they might have decent bottled stuff for all I know, but it's only Aussie piss, British piss and Belgian piss on draught, which is why I tend to stick to the Brown Ale or the Irish rat's droppings.

Am I selling the place well? ;)

Of course, if we're not meeting in conjunction with a televised match then we can actually go somewhere decent.

I'm sold :panic:

I can't be drinking Brown Ale, I gets all angrified.

well we'll have to find somewhere amenable to all our tastes, hot mommas for me, hot fellas for you and hot pies for Matt.

I joke. :panic:

well we'll have to find somewhere amenable to all our tastes, hot mommas for me, hot fellas for you and hot pies for Matt.

I joke. ;)

You'd better be kidding. I don't intend on missing out on the pie action!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I suppose we'd better find somewhere to watch the Spurs game on Wednesday. I'm at a recording of a moderately diverting Radio 4 thingummy earlier in the evening, but should be done in time for the gruesome denouement (as long we go somewhere central, anyway). Thoughts?

Any other London-based folks fancy it, also? Our cool kid gang is cliquey as hell, but if you like pies, you're in.

Any other London-based folks fancy it, also? Our cool kid gang is cliquey as hell, but if you like pies, you're in.

I would have been up for it but will be in Newcastle working. Somewhat ironic given my general laziness in London.

Edited by trophyshy

definitely up for a pint, definitely somewhee central, definitely not somewhere called The Sports Cafe, (Matt, I'm looking at you here), mate was suggesting Liverpool St. Nice and central for Meenzer, nice and close for Matt and nice and nice for me.

Internet connection is temperamental at best, so texting/calling is best.

definitely up for a pint, definitely somewhee central, definitely not somewhere called The Sports Cafe, (Matt, I'm looking at you here), mate was suggesting Liverpool St. Nice and central for Meenzer, nice and close for Matt and nice and nice for me.

Internet connection is temperamental at best, so texting/calling is best.

That big bar at Liverpool Street is class like over the road from the station on the corner, had a pidgeon french chat with some french bloke there after West Ham last season. He was from Lens, and I said "Marseille cunts* oui??" and he goes "ouuuuuuuuuuuuuui". * sorry for use but that was the conversation.

That big bar at Liverpool Street is class like over the road from the station on the corner, had a pidgeon french chat with some french bloke there after West Ham last season. He was from Lens, and I said "Marseille cunts* oui??" and he goes "ouuuuuuuuuuuuuui". * sorry for use but that was the conversation.

Railway Tavern?

I work over the road from there so I'm up for a pint or two. There's another good pub there but it's called the White Hart so may be a bad omen.

A lot of the bars round Liverpool St are pretty busy until about 7.30-8 when people start to get trains home.

And the match kicks off at 7.45 so I don't see that being a massive problem mate.

my only concern is that, when we get beaten, there'll be oh so many cockerneeeeeees waiting to lord it over us.

Aye Railway Tavern, they've got Sky as well, and let you drink outside.

A bit up from there, The Cock Tavern is a cheap and cheerful place to watch football, especially if you're a Rangers fan.

in London? FFS. I'm on the train to Newcastle 5 pm on Thursday.

like ships passing in the mist.... it's likely we'll collide and sink (a few), maybe at the cost of some semen... ;)