Ashley snubs takeover talks for cocktails

Scottish Mag

What's worrying me is his attitude now.

£300m gives him a decent profit. £350m gives him a massive profit. £480m gives him an insane profit and must put pretty much any buyer off.

Yet what seems to elude him is if he persists with his present course then a relegated club becomes in many ways worthless.

It's his ego combined with what I call fat insanity. Historically thin insane and fat insane deliver quite different outcomes. So for instance Caligula was 'thin insane' ie a very immediate 'I don't give a fuck I'm insane' kind of working there....Nero is a classic and scientifically proven vehicle for 'fat insane' - the fat cells kind of hold the insanity inside, so you get a lot of over drinking, silly grins and no awareness of reality, you feel the insanity but it isn't wholly visible (masked by fat). :snakehips:

Except Nero wasn't fat.

Pic?

In the book "The Lives of the Twelve Caesars", the Roman historian Suetonius describes Nero as "about the average height, his body marked with spots and malodorous, his hair light blond, his features regular rather than attractive, his eyes blue and somewhat weak, his neck over thick, his belly prominent, and his legs very slender."

Wiki.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's worrying me is his attitude now.

£300m gives him a decent profit. £350m gives him a massive profit. £480m gives him an insane profit and must put pretty much any buyer off.

Yet what seems to elude him is if he persists with his present course then a relegated club becomes in many ways worthless.

It's his ego combined with what I call fat insanity. Historically thin insane and fat insane deliver quite different outcomes. So for instance Caligula was 'thin insane' ie a very immediate 'I don't give a fuck I'm insane' kind of working there....Nero is a classic and scientifically proven vehicle for 'fat insane' - the fat cells kind of hold the insanity inside, so you get a lot of over drinking, silly grins and no awareness of reality, you feel the insanity but it isn't wholly visible (masked by fat). :snakehips:

Except Nero wasn't fat.

Pic?

In the book "The Lives of the Twelve Caesars", the Roman historian Suetonius describes Nero as "about the average height, his body marked with spots and malodorous, his hair light blond, his features regular rather than attractive, his eyes blue and somewhat weak, his neck over thick, his belly prominent, and his legs very slender."

Wiki.

You never know with historical figure, especially controversial ones. He had a weak handshake though.

The thing about Leeds United and 'doing a Leeds' is that, despite all the mis-management and relegations, Leeds United still exists. The fears some folk have about our club seem to result in the complete disappearance of NUFC ffs !!!

This current turmoil is just another chapter in our history. The club will always survive. Some supporters will drift away, some will 'get the bug'. Ho hum, onward and, er, upward??

Yeah - it always bugged the shit out me when Hall kept saying the club was close to going bust - like that would have happened in reality.

Worst case scenario we could have done what Boro did and formed a new club.

The thing about Leeds United and 'doing a Leeds' is that, despite all the mis-management and relegations, Leeds United still exists. The fears some folk have about our club seem to result in the complete disappearance of NUFC ffs !!!

This current turmoil is just another chapter in our history. The club will always survive. Some supporters will drift away, some will 'get the bug'. Ho hum, onward and, er, upward??

The problem with it is getting back from it. Would NUFC cease to exist? Probably not. Would it be anything like it was in the mid-90's or under Robson (or even now)? Possibly not.

The problem with it is getting back from it. Would NUFC cease to exist? Probably not. Would it be anything like it was in the mid-90's or under Robson (or even now)? Possibly not.

But it will exist. It will, probably, always be the place to watch the highest level of football north of sunlun. At the end of the day, the watching of the highest level of football is all it boils down to. All this razzamataz of trophies, european football etc is all just hundreds and thousands put on top of a basic ice cream.