Ashley snubs takeover talks for cocktails

Scottish Mag

The thing that really bothers about him getting X million over what he's put into the club when selling (other than a large price chasing potential buyers off) is that no matter who buy us, that money is money that is then no longer available for the club. Not that I think Ashley, Wise or any of them deserve any profit for the debacle they have created.

Exactly - every pound of profit is a pound less to spend.

What a cunt for getting as much as he can for a club who's fans have protested to get him out.

The "nonsense" reports that he was trying to sell the club when everything was rosy also had inflated figures - admittedly not this high but that just makes him look even worse.

Similar to the "nonsense" reports that Keegan had no say in transfers which he came out and denied so that everyone went out and signed up to 3 year deals, only that turned out to be true too.

Both as bad as each other.

So Keegan restating what he'd been told and what had been said by Ashley in the press makes Keegan a liar?

I take it it must be one hell of a coincidence that the press were reporting nearly everyday that Keegan was unhappy that he had little say in transfers only for it to turn out to be true, i wonder who was feeding them that story?

Have a read of this article from the beginning of May> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...er-targets.html

Now do you honestly think that it was bollocks then and everything was rosey up until the end of the transfer window? He knew what was happening yet was happy to come out and lie to the fans about it before walking out on the club the day after the transfer window leaving us in the shit, yet because it's king Kev everyone licks his arse and thinks he's done no wrong.

Maybe he came to the end of the line if rumours were true about the club trying to sell players behind his back?

Like you say it's rumours, mind you if the rumour that Keegan didn't want a new striker because he thought Smith was good enough up front was right then I'd have sacked the cunt for stupidity.

I asked you about this on Newcastle Online, and you didn't reply. Deliberately I suspect.

Care to do it here ?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would Keegan have done better with a similar budget? I'd say he'd have no chance.

I fundamentally disagree.

Keegan's record last time around shows that.

So Keegan would have bought better than what we've got with a net spend of £0?

:snakehips:

completely missing the point.

What's worrying me is his attitude now.

£300m gives him a decent profit. £350m gives him a massive profit. £480m gives him an insane profit and must put pretty much any buyer off.

Yet what seems to elude him is if he persists with his present course then a relegated club becomes in many ways worthless.

£300m gives him a decent profit. £350m gives him a massive profit. £480m gives him an insane profit and must put pretty much any buyer off.

Yet what seems to elude him is if he persists with his present course then a relegated club becomes in many ways worthless.

It's his ego combined with what I call fat insanity. Historically thin insane and fat insane deliver quite different outcomes. So for instance Caligula was 'thin insane' ie a very immediate 'I don't give a fuck I'm insane' kind of working there....Nero is a classic and scientifically proven vehicle for 'fat insane' - the fat cells kind of hold the insanity inside, so you get a lot of over drinking, silly grins and no awareness of reality, you feel the insanity but it isn't wholly visible (masked by fat). :snakehips:

It's his ego combined with what I call fat insanity. Historically thin insane and fat insane deliver quite different outcomes. So for instance Caligula was 'thin insane' ie a very immediate 'I don't give a fuck I'm insane' kind of working there....Nero is a classic and scientifically proven vehicle for 'fat insane' - the fat cells kind of hold the insanity inside, so you get a lot of over drinking, silly grins and no awareness of reality, you feel the insanity but it isn't wholly visible (masked by fat). :rolleyes:

It's his ego combined with what I call fat insanity. Historically thin insane and fat insane deliver quite different outcomes. So for instance Caligula was 'thin insane' ie a very immediate 'I don't give a fuck I'm insane' kind of working there....Nero is a classic and scientifically proven vehicle for 'fat insane' - the fat cells kind of hold the insanity inside, so you get a lot of over drinking, silly grins and no awareness of reality, you feel the insanity but it isn't wholly visible (masked by fat). :snakehips:

Sort puts a whole different light on the Churchill Rovers v Adolf United!

Sort puts a whole different light on the Churchill Rovers v Adolf United!

Bingo! :rolleyes:

Imagine how fat Churchill would have been without all the Billy he was doing.

One of the great post war events was the government sponsored housewife speed epidemic.

With excess speed left over after the war (used by soldiers to stay awake obviously) doctors were encouraged to prescribe it for any and all minor ailments.

No wonder granny's house was always clean, it's not as if she could go out for a bit of a dance after her morning line (pill).

One of the great post war events was the government sponsored housewife speed epidemic.

With excess speed left over after the war (used by soldiers to stay awake obviously) doctors were encouraged to prescribe it for any and all minor ailments.

No wonder granny's house was always clean, it's not as if she could go out for a bit of a dance after her morning line (pill).

Saw a programme on TV about that. What were they called? Blackballs or something like that. There was a woman on going on about how after she had finished cleaning her house she knocked on next door to see if she could do their place as well :snakehips:

Saw a programme on TV about that. What were they called? Blackballs or something like that. There was a woman on going on about how after she had finished cleaning her house she knocked on next door to see if she could do their place as well :snakehips:

:rolleyes:

Saw a programme on TV about that. What were they called? Blackballs or something like that. There was a woman on going on about how after she had finished cleaning her house she knocked on next door to see if she could do their place as well :rolleyes:

They are saying NUFC is independently valued at around £200m.... Ashely's put in £250m which already makes it over valued. So £480m is insane.

Apparently we're now a bit of a laughing stock with the Arab money men, after this little Ashley & Wise adventure..... oh joy. :snakehips::rolleyes:

Apparently we're now a bit of a laughing stock with the Arab money men, after this little Ashley & Wise adventure..... oh joy. :snakehips::rolleyes:

Well, that makes us a laughing stock just about everywhere in the world now then.

Except Nero wasn't fat.

Well, that makes us a laughing stock just about everywhere in the world now then.

Aye, but what makes it really serious is they've got a significant proportion of the potential "football money" and have spent quite a bit looking at the Premiership (which is where our ~£200m value comes from).

So technically Ashley bought a lemon for £250m, but even £300m-£350m would need a desperate buyer (and I can't see why they'd not go elsewhere). Even Liverpool was baulked at for £400m and although they have some issues we done, certainly team and possibly revenue-wise they are much better off, so £480m is loopy, even as a starting bargaining price.

I'm beginning to think Ashley is one of those people that can make a lot of money once in a certain specific field, but wouldn't necessarily be able to make it again or in another field. Certainly the way he's acting is more Del Boy than Murdoch.

And I'm definitely beginning to think we could be in real (Leeds-esq) trouble, not because there's anything inherently wrong with the club, but because of the situation and the controlling powers.

Edited by Fop

Aye, but what makes it really serious is they've got a significant proportion of the potential "football money" and have spent quite a bit looking at the Premiership (which is where our ~£200m value comes from).

So technically Ashley bought a lemon for £250m, but even £300m-£350m would need a desperate buyer (and I can't see why they'd not go elsewhere). Even Liverpool was baulked at for £400m and although they have some issues we done, certainly team and possibly revenue-wise they are much better off, so £480m is loopy, even as a starting bargaining price.

I'm beginning to think Ashley is one of those people that can make a lot of money once in a certain specific field, but wouldn't necessarily be able to make it again or in another field. Certainly the way he's acting is more Del Boy than Murdoch.

And I'm definitely beginning to think we could be in real (Leeds-esq) trouble, not because there's anything inherently wrong with the club, but because of the situation and the controlling powers.

Everyone keeps harping on about Leeds. You have to remember they had half the capacity at their ground we do. Also didn't own most of their best players still owed on the lease terms and were paying huge wages. The fact that they were relying on CL money every year shows how much in the shit they were.

Aye, I'm not saying we'd "do a Leeds" for the same reason as Leeds did, I'm saying we might end up in a similar situation because we seem to have a drunken joyrider of an owner who doesn't seem to know how to stop and get out of the car, or even take his foot off the accelerator.

We're not immune, just because we're in a better position, it just takes more madness is all (look at HBOS).

Edited by Fop

Except Nero wasn't fat.

Pic?

The thing about Leeds United and 'doing a Leeds' is that, despite all the mis-management and relegations, Leeds United still exists. The fears some folk have about our club seem to result in the complete disappearance of NUFC ffs !!!

This current turmoil is just another chapter in our history. The club will always survive. Some supporters will drift away, some will 'get the bug'. Ho hum, onward and, er, upward??