FIFA, Bex red card, suspension

MattM4

So apparently, The FA wont be able to appeal concerning Bex's suspension.

(The article is on the BBC site, for some reason cant copy/paste in the forum using Firefox, weird).

Apparently "The regulations dont apply to us", say the FA

Now, i hate Bex, but what regulations would these be then? id like to ask FIFA... So they have rules to suspend innocent people, punish people who shouldnt be.

The FA shouldnt even need to appeal. Like in the Premierleague, FIFA should come forward of themselves and overturn a wrong decision.

I just think they are pathetic, advocation Fair Play, fairness and saying they are against cheating etc.. but never do fuck all.

simple, you can only appeal against a straight red, not a second yellow. been like that for a while

44156[/snapback]

shouldnt make any difference.

44157[/snapback]

If you can appeal against cautions it will open up for appeals to get thrown in left, right and centre.

Do you want teams to make 2-3 appeals per game?

Who is this "Bex" anyway? Is that the slutty receptionist from Casualty?

simple, you can only appeal against a straight red, not a second yellow. been like that for a while

44156[/snapback]

shouldnt make any difference.

44157[/snapback]

If you can appeal against cautions it will open up for appeals to get thrown in left, right and centre.

Do you want teams to make 2-3 appeals per game?

Who is this "Bex" anyway? Is that the slutty receptionist from Casualty?

44171[/snapback]

no not saying that, there shouldnt even need to be an appeal to have it overruled when it's that blatent.

... oh, I and cant be bothered to type Beckham

Basically it would clog up the system - you'd have lawyers flying all over the world, the ref would have to be there................

just let's take the rough with the smooth - they could appeal over the "penalty" FFS

It is a sensible rule that you appeal against red cards and not yellows, because as has been said you could have 3 appeals for every match!

However the grey area arrives when you get a red card for two yellows and here i think if one or maybe even both yellows are dodgy you should be able to appeal against the red card.

It is a sensible rule that you appeal against red cards and not yellows, because as has been said you could have 3 appeals for every match!

However the grey area arrives when you get a red card for two yellows and here i think if one or maybe even both yellows are dodgy you should be able to appeal against the red card.

44238[/snapback]

That will just open up for people to appeal against cumulative yellows that lead to suspensions.

Just because an England player got sent off you are demanding for the rule to be changed, get over it.

44238[/snapback]

That will just open up for people to appeal against cumulative yellows that lead to suspensions.

Just because an England player got sent off you are demanding for the rule to be changed, get over it.

44241[/snapback]

Interesting as i think you'll find i never once mentioned Beckhams red card at all, but if you have a chip on your shoulder about England qualifying for the world cup whilst Scotland didn't you should learn to live with it, as it'll happen again. :)

Edited by Papa Lazaru

44238[/snapback]

44241[/snapback]

Interesting as i think you'll find i never once mentioned Beckhams red card at all, but if you have a chip on your shoulder about England qualifying for the world cup whilst Scotland didn't you should learn to live with it, as it'll happen again. :)

44242[/snapback]

I didnt even watch the game yesterday, but only bring this up, as it makes a moquerie of FIFA and their so called insistance on fair play yet do fuck all about it.

Interesting as i think you'll find i never once mentioned Beckhams red card at all, but if you have a chip on your shoulder about England qualifying for the world cup whilst Scotland didn't you should learn to live with it, as it'll happen again.  :)

44242[/snapback]

Why all of a sudden do you think they should change the rule? Why not mention it, say last week or last month?

Interesting as i think you'll find i never once mentioned Beckhams red card at all, but if you have a chip on your shoulder about England qualifying for the world cup whilst Scotland didn't you should learn to live with it, as it'll happen again.  :)

44242[/snapback]

Why all of a sudden do you think they should change the rule? Why not mention it, say last week or last month?

44249[/snapback]

Because nobody started threads on it and nobody was debating it and i don't really give that much of a shit about it, but since the issue was raised i put in my opinion, as is custom on message boards as far as i was aware.

There has to be a high profile incident to get these things talked about and this one happened to be Beckham.

But since i now know how it works i'll try to comment on every single issue that could possibly ever occur in football now so that you'll be happy i wasn't just raising it when it involves England sometime in the future.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I'm with PL and Matt on this one. If they can overturn a straight red, why not a sending off for 2 yellows as well?? However in these cases, I think the decision can only be overturned if the second yellow was questionable. If you're walking around with a yellow card and you commit an offence that is worthy of a yellow, then you deserve to walk, regardless of whether the first was worthy.

In the case of Beckham, the second card (i.e. the one which earned the red) was never a booking in a million years - I'd love to see how a FIFA delegation could sit and deem that was a clear-cut yellow card.

Does such a thing exist?

I'm not really bothered if Beckham misses the next match as we've already qualified. I hope he doesn't miss the first game of the finals though. FIFA are apparently going to review all of the red cards that happend in qualifiying and decide if additional punishments (ie missing finals games) are required.

In this case then Beckham shouldn't be worried as his card was contentious at the least.

As I don't have much time I cannot give my thoughts about the difficulties about appeals against those decisions. But what is about receiving several bookings in different matches leading to having to miss a match. Should you be able to appeal as well?

Some other thing I'd like to know: I only had the match running in the background and didn't pay much attention as it was boring as f**k. Was the second booking really that outragous? I thought Beckham caught the foot of the player (who then made a meal out of it)?

As I don't have much time I cannot give my thoughts about the difficulties about appeals against those decisions. But what is about receiving several bookings in different matches leading to having to miss a match. Should you be able to appeal as well?

Some other thing I'd like to know: I only had the match running in the background and didn't pay much attention as it was boring as f**k. Was the second booking really that outragous? I thought Beckham caught the foot of the player (who then made a meal out of it)?

44293[/snapback]

No, it was a blatant dive. The player actually took another step before deciding to throw himself to the floor. I do realise though that this is classed as fair play in Germany. :)

44293[/snapback]

No, it was a blatant dive. The player actually took another step before deciding to throw himself to the floor. I do realise though that this is classed as fair play in Germany. :)

44294[/snapback]

That's why we appointed Klinsmann as national manager. <_<

And it's good that other nations don't have cheating left-backs... :yes

And did Beckham really not catch the foot? :)

I thought he might have just tapped the heel of the player and if that happens when you travelling at pace you can't help but fall over. The player did make a meal of it though whether he was touched or not. I thought it was a harsh booking though as Beckham was pulling out of the tackle.

I thought he might have just tapped the heel of the player and if that happens when you travelling at pace you can't help but fall over. The player did make a meal of it though whether he was touched or not. I thought it was a harsh booking though as Beckham was pulling out of the tackle.

44303[/snapback]

Make no mistake, I don't think either of the two bookings were correct decisions. Free kicks - yes, bookings - no. Though I don't think they were that awful that they warrant the outrage. And I don't think there would be any chance for an appeal.

As a red card delivers instant punishment along with a ban, and sin bins have long been talked about, why not introduce a 10 minute sin bin along with a yellow card ?

Gives the opponents a small advantage, and time to take the heat out of the situation and maybe prevent quick 2nd yellows...like what happened on saturday

I think that is a good idea..................

44332[/snapback]

We have it here at youth level and I think it's absolutely useless. Sin bins are good in quicker sports with more "action" like hockey, handball, basketball. I don't think it's suited to football.