So Everton are in talks with Anil....

Asprilla

...and we're hoping the Nigerians can cobble together enough.

By overpricing the club, any hope of us getting a credible owner vanish. Billionaires aren't mugs and won't overpay just because they can. Best interests of the club at heart? Sure you do.

Thanks Mike, you're a real man of your word.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt want anything to do with that lot either.

No one cares what you want. It might take 10 years but I'd gamble anything that we're in the CL again before you pop your CL cherry.

I wouldnt want anything to do with that lot either.

No one cares what you want. It might take 10 years but I'd gamble anything that we're in the CL again before you pop your CL cherry.

Not with the Nigerians you wont. They can't compete with mega bucks oligarchs.

For consortium read: "a load of blokes who haven't got enough money clubbing together"

Sunderland are ran by a consortium and they have spent over £70m in the last 18 months(albeit on shite). ;)

I'd be starting to get a little concerned with that consortium if I was a Sunderland fan, it's made up of pub owners and property developers - two groups who are bound to have seen their wealth decline in recent times.

Sunderland are ran by a consortium and they have spent over £70m in the last 18 months(albeit on shite). ;)

Do you think 70 mil will break the top four strangle hold? 100m? 200m?

With City in the mixer 500m?

My point is, if you want to stay in the prem fine, if you want CL...you need MEGA BUCKS

My point is, if you want to stay in the prem fine, if you want CL...you need MEGA BUCKS

Saying that you have spent £70m and probably have a squad valuing at £150m spent and you are bottom.

So fuck knows.

Saying that you have spent £70m and probably have a squad valuing at £150m spent and you are bottom.

So fuck knows.

Net spend minus 10mil. I thought you lot didnt believe the rubbish you read in the red tops.

My point is, if you want to stay in the prem fine, if you want CL...you need MEGA BUCKS and a manager that knows what he's doing.

FYP

So fuck knows.

Net spend minus 10mil. I thought you lot didnt believe the rubbish you read in the red tops.

What do you look like Danny? I have a mental image of you.

So fuck knows.

the net spend doesn't really matter does it?

It's the fact you have £70m worth of new players and you would expect these to perform under a ''tactical genius'' like ramos.

So fuck knows.

the net spend doesn't really matter does it?

It's the fact you have £70m worth of new players and you would expect these to perform under a ''tactical genius'' like ramos.

Not if you sell your two only decent forwards to finance it.

You have half a team of new players and no strikers for them to feed.

Surely even you can see the problem there chief.

So fuck knows.

What do you look like Danny? I have a mental image of you.

Stop it, you'll go blind.

The question is then, why did Ramos, Commoli and Levy not see it?

I am sure they did. Given the choice I am sure they would have kept the two players or got in decent replacements.

Levy haggling over a couple of mil for Arshavin has shot us in the foot and the unfortunate timing of defoes departure.

So fuck knows.

I'm with Danny here....surely we're all in the same boat on this one.

The question is then, why did Ramos, Commoli and Levy not see it?

I am sure they did. Given the choice I am sure they would have kept the two players or got in decent replacements.

Levy haggling over a couple of mil for Arshavin has shot us in the foot and the unfortunate timing of defoes departure.

Defoe left in January, Keane left at the start of July and the Berbatov transfer was hardly a shock. Spurs had loads of time to find replacements yet didn't, if anyone is to blame for you having no strikers then it's the three men mentioned above.

So fuck knows.

I'm with Danny here....surely we're all in the same boat on this one.

Aye, the profundity blew my mind a bit though.