Kinnear.

Park Life

Kinnear how long?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

U-turns!!

We'd be 5th now without Jonas, Barton etc playing those previous games, who are now fresher having played less games but they would fizzle out before the end of the season even though we are only in the FA Cup and the prem?

Convoluted reasoning that like.

Not really - I'm saying Keegan would have "inspired" the similar teams that did play in the 3 or 4 games I mentioned to better results. That doesn't blind me to the difference between that and 38 games for which I think the squad is weak.

But then surely with the better players coming back in, we would have consolidated the better position we would have been in.

:scratchchin:

Yes - until more injuries/form loss would have taken their toll.

So, with a bit of luck on injuries we would have been 5th.

Shame.

Do you think Hull will claim a Champions League place this season?

And even if they do ( :D ) do you think they will next season?

I saw Andrew's reply but didnt think the question warranted an answer because its the wrong question.

The question is, if we were in Hull's position now, would people be talking of 5th place being a possibility? Yes, yes they would. They are not for Hull because Hull are this other club who play in Gold and Black from down the coast and aren't Newcastle United. Us being in 5th with our pedigree is a very different proposition to Hull being there. Fwiw there's nothing to say they wont be there at the end of the season other than it would be 'unusual'. Basically fop, repeating his question just made you look equally stupid. If Spurs, Blackburn etc are in 5th now does that mean they are contenders? Are you saying we have the same potential as Hull? :woosh: Idiots.

To come back to the interesting question and continue with NJS's brilliant point though, we'd be in 5th now, having endured a serious injury problem. Now we have the better players back, in this scenario we'd be kicking on. The problem with this point of view is that its inconsistent with other points of view about how shit the squad is.

No the question is why if we were 5th now (and yet we wouldn't end up 5th for the stated reasons, yet you think we would) would Hull not finish in the top 4 too?

It's not my fault you tried to build your argument on quicksand. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U-turns!!

We'd be 5th now without Jonas, Barton etc playing those previous games, who are now fresher having played less games but they would fizzle out before the end of the season even though we are only in the FA Cup and the prem?

Not really - I'm saying Keegan would have "inspired" the similar teams that did play in the 3 or 4 games I mentioned to better results. That doesn't blind me to the difference between that and 38 games for which I think the squad is weak.

But then surely with the better players coming back in, we would have consolidated the better position we would have been in.

:D

Shame.

I saw Andrew's reply but didnt think the question warranted an answer because its the wrong question.

The question is, if we were in Hull's position now, would people be talking of 5th place being a possibility? Yes, yes they would. They are not for Hull because Hull are this other club who play in Gold and Black from down the coast and aren't Newcastle United. Us being in 5th with our pedigree is a very different proposition to Hull being there. Fwiw there's nothing to say they wont be there at the end of the season other than it would be 'unusual'. Basically fop, repeating his question just made you look equally stupid. If Spurs, Blackburn etc are in 5th now does that mean they are contenders? Are you saying we have the same potential as Hull? :woosh: Idiots.

To come back to the interesting question and continue with NJS's brilliant point though, we'd be in 5th now, having endured a serious injury problem. Now we have the better players back, in this scenario we'd be kicking on. The problem with this point of view is that its inconsistent with other points of view about how shit the squad is.

No the question is why if we were 5th now (and yet we wouldn't end up 5th for the stated reasons, yet you think we would) would Hull not finish in the top 4 too?

The point is 'the quality of the squad' actually :scratchchin:

U-turns!!

:D

Shame.

The point is 'the quality of the squad' actually :scratchchin:

And how does that explain Hull's current position? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Joe Kinnear to land one-year deal is Newcastle fails to sell

Joe Kinnear will be handed a one-year contract to stay on as Newcastle boss if Mike Ashley fails to sell the club. Newcastle's off-the-field instability will become clearer in the next fortnight, with a US-based investment group going through the club's books with a view to completing a deal before January. But Ashley is also making contingency plans should the bid fall through and will reward his caretaker manager with an extended deal if no sale is on the horizon.

Dennis Wise and Derek Llambias have both made public appearances this week to support a kids coaching event in the first steps of a PR campaign. Ashley has been spotted at a game - choosing to watch Spurs against Dinamo Zagreb in the UEFA Cup last week - and Kinnear has always fought his corner with the fans, just in case there is no sale.

But Newcastle hope to know how serious the two potential buyers still in talks are by the end of the month. Kinnear has hinted that talks over his future will take place after the trip to Chelsea next weekend.

Yesterday he issued an apology to referee Martin Atkinson for calling him a "Mickey Mouse" official after the defeat by Fulham. The move could spare him an FA charge.

Kinnear said: "I'm sorry if my post-match comments at Fulham caused any offence and I'll ring Martin Atkinson in person to tell him.

"When I spoke to the media on Sunday, I was deeply frustrated about losing a game I felt we were in a strong position to win.

"I said at the time I had no complaints about the foul by Fabricio Coloccini on Andy Johnson, which brought Fulham their match-winning penalty.

"But I have watched the build-up to that goal and I felt that we should have been awarded a free-kick seconds earlier for a foul by Andy Johnson on Claudio Cacapa.

"However, having said this, I have accepted that some of my comments were inappropriate and I will be calling Martin Atkinson to say that."

Which of course Ashley won't.

Why wouldnt he? Him and Dennis can pick out some young up and coming stars in Jan, organised by JK, clear out some of the dead wood, you can then push on up the table.

Which of course Ashley won't.

Why wouldnt he? Him and Dennis can pick out some young up and coming stars in Jan, organised by JK, clear out some of the dead wood, you can then push on up the table.

fuck off and die

Harsh but ultimately fair.

Good news IMO, if MA backs him with a bit of cash.

Yeah, shame he wasn't doing it for a far superiour manager...

I think he tried that but unfortunatly that manager wanted the moon on a stick.

Good news IMO, if MA backs him with a bit of cash.

Yeah, shame he wasn't doing it for a far superiour manager...

I think he tried that but unfortunatly that manager wanted the moon on a stick.

:angry:

From the Independent:

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is giving serious consideration to awarding interim manager Joe Kinnear a contract until the end of the season, but only if the two United States-based companies interested in buying Newcastle fail to deliver an offer that Ashley finds acceptable.

It emerged yesterday that the process of due diligence has begun "off-site" – away from St James' Park - by either one or both American companies and Ashley should discover within the next fortnight if either will proceed.

Ashley wants to recoup the £250m he has paid for Newcastle but knows that a group engaged in due diligence does not mean that an offer will follow.

The process is expected to take two to three weeks, which would chime with earlier comments from Kinnear that the situation will become clearer after Newcastle's visit to Chelsea next Saturday.

Ashley's worst-case scenario is that Newcastle are unsold and then relegated, so to protect his asset he would offer Kinnear a longer-term option until June. Kinnear has been on a rolling contract since he was placed at St James' at the end of September.

In case of a no-sale Kinnear said he has been compiling a list of possible recruits. He has done so in conjunction with Dennis Wise, whose appearance at a televised event at St James' on Wednesday afternoon is being seen as a possible first step toward the rehabilitation of the Ashley regime on Tyneside.

Jeff Vetere, one of Wise's recruitment assistants was also present alongside managing director Derek Llambias. They could attend tomorrow's home game against Wigan.

Ashley himself was reportedly seen at White Hart Lane last week watching Tottenham's Uefa Cup game against Dynamo Zagreb.

Ashley himself was reportedly seen at White Hart Lane last week watching Tottenham's Uefa Cup game against Dynamo Zagreb.

Guess that's 2 spuds fans with an unhealthy interest in NUFC then. :angry:

He's no Spurs fan and Keegan had full control of buying and selling players. [/officalbumfluff]