Classics that leave you cold

Jimbo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big Lebowski was a big let down.

Sorry Gemmill, ok not a classic but the amount of people who rave about it!

It is a classic you pop tart.

Most of the Coen's stuff. Fargo, Miller's Crossing, Raising Arazona, Ladykillers are all shit. I liked No Country For Old Men, O Brother Where Art Thou and Intolerable Cruelty (even though I know it is wank). Big Lebowski is ok but I don't seem to 'get it' as much as other people. I suppose I should watch the rest but when they're mentioned in same breath as utter borefests like Miller's Crossing I'm not really motivated to. Should definitely give Man Who Wasn't There a go.

Ditto Shane Meadows as well really, apart from Dead Man's Shoes and This is England.

Star Wars - I enjoyed the original at the cinema when I was a kid, i always thought the rest were a bore fest. Tried to watch Star Wars again recently, load of toss

Pink Floyd- overhyped shat for middle class schooolboys

:(

Star Wars - I enjoyed the original at the cinema when I was a kid, i always thought the rest were a bore fest. Tried to watch Star Wars again recently, load of toss

One of the reasons punk started was to get away from smug self indulgent stadium tedium like this.

One of the reasons punk started was to get away from smug self indulgent stadium tedium like this.

I'm fuck all like a midde-class schoolboy btw. ;)

I'm fuck all like a midde-class schoolboy btw. ;)

Nee offence like, I should probably let the hatred die

Most of the Coen's stuff. Fargo, Miller's Crossing, Raising Arazona, Ladykillers are all shit. I liked No Country For Old Men, O Brother Where Art Thou and Intolerable Cruelty (even though I know it is wank). Big Lebowski is ok but I don't seem to 'get it' as much as other people. I suppose I should watch the rest but when they're mentioned in same breath as utter borefests like Miller's Crossing I'm not really motivated to. Should definitely give Man Who Wasn't There a go.

Ditto Shane Meadows as well really, apart from Dead Man's Shoes and This is England.

Don't know if you've seen 'A Room for Romeo Brass' but I really liked it. 24/7 - I think that's name of the b&w one about boxing left me cold. Haven't seen 'Once Upon a Time in the Midlands' but Meadows doesn't even rate it.

Don't know if you've seen 'A Room for Romeo Brass' but I really liked it. 24/7 - I think that's name of the b&w one about boxing left me cold. Haven't seen 'Once Upon a Time in the Midlands' but Meadows doesn't even rate it.

Romeo Brass was the worst of the lot. Boring as hell, Paddy Considine's character is just too absurd to be taken seriously, and there's the inevitable Meadows climax where someone gets the shit kicked out of them. Yawn.

Fear and loathing is shite too.

and Clockwork Orange.

and as much as I loved Leon as a young 'un, it's nowhere near as good as it's rated on IMDB.

Forrest Gump is a whore of a film.

Requiem for a dream is shit too.

Braveheart is wank along with Gladiator.

The Green Mile is toss too.

The threads called "Classics that leave you cold", not "Films you didn't like"! :( Fear and Loathing, Requiem for a Dream (63rd best film ever on IMDB), Braveheart (101st best film ever on IMDB) and The Green Mile (115th best film ever on IMDB) ffs!

;)

;)

Listen to Animals. More venom than any punk record :(