Blyth Spartans

Deano

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought you'd wear a Berghaus J69.

They should renege on what they said they'd do, and have the game at SJP, I'd go, I bet they'd get the best gate of the round.

No I was stood behind the goal, right behind where Dalton got mobbed when he scored. Cracking second half. Theres going to be about 20000 people after 3700 tickets now!

me-2.jpg

Never thought Fizz would be a Spartans fan.

This isn't even a debate. The only people who can authorise a switch of venue are the police and local authorities- that's the FA rule. The meeting to discuss this has already been made and no issues raised, so the FA will inist the game is on at Croft Park.

Anyway, it will probably be more profitable that way- Setanta have agreed to broadcast on this basis, generating £160,000 for each club almost cost-free. Bearing in mind cup gates are halved post-costs, you'd need at least 24,000 at £15 a head to make the same revenue, probably 35,000+ after costs. So in fact it will probably be financially beneficial to hold the game in Blyth.

True, plus I want to see how Santa Cruz handles our awesome pitch and the unique brand of Blyth humour.

One of the Bournemouth subs was warming up behind the goal, swinging his legs up in the air when someone shouted 'You'll hit that ball eventually son!' :P he didnt come back

True, plus I want to see how Santa Cruz handles our awesome pitch and the unique brand of Blyth humour.

One of the Bournemouth subs was warming up behind the goal, swinging his legs up in the air when someone shouted 'You'll hit that ball eventually son!' :P he didnt come back

Who can blame him after being the victim of such scathing wit.

No I was stood behind the goal, right behind where Dalton got mobbed when he scored. Cracking second half. Theres going to be about 20000 people after 3700 tickets now!

me-2.jpg

There's women and children less wrapped up than you! :aye:

The bloke behind you with his chest hair out, THAT's how you go to the match.

Makes a change from hearing the same 4 chants at St James for the last 2 decades

There's loads of funny banter at the match man, admittedly I'm always too pissed to recall any of it. And so is everyone else. Almost everyone else.

Edited by trophyshy

me-2.jpg

There's women and children less wrapped up than you! :aye:

The bloke behind you with his chest hair out, THAT's how you go to the match.

I havent even got a coat on man! I had to compensate with a scarf and gloves. Have you been to Blyth in December? My knees wouldnt work at full time!!!

One of the Bournemouth subs was warming up behind the goal, swinging his legs up in the air when someone shouted 'You'll hit that ball eventually son!' :aye: he didnt come back

Who can blame him after being the victim of such scathing wit.

:D

The only thing I don't like about Blyth is the accent on their manager. It's good for football in this area that we're having a go at this level. I would love Newcastle (or the area North of the Tyne) to have two league sides. Personally I'd prefer it to be Blue Star, but I support Whitley Bay, and Blyth in their quest to better their clubs and make a name for themselves, no interest in the teams South of the river in this region though.

I bet Big Sam's relishing the prospect of a few thousand Newcastle fans giving him stick at this one. :aye:

haha should move it to SJP fill the ground and give him what for!!

Im the one in the spartans shirt man :aye:

You look a bit of a hard cunt to be fair.

Aye, il be pm'ing you offering you out next

I say that cos it looks like you've been in a few battles

The only thing I don't like about Blyth is the accent on their manager. It's good for football in this area that we're having a go at this level. I would love Newcastle (or the area North of the Tyne) to have two league sides. Personally I'd prefer it to be Blue Star, but I support Whitley Bay, and Blyth in their quest to better their clubs and make a name for themselves, no interest in the teams South of the river in this region though.

Harry lives in Bishop Auckland and is from somewhere round there.

The idea of Blue Star, a club that gets about 50 people actually paying to get in supporting league football, is utterly mental.

The idea of Blue Star, a club that gets about 50 people actually paying to get in supporting league football, is utterly mental.

I've been in 2,000+ crowds watching The Star years ago. The idea of Rushden and Diamonds probably seemed stupid 30 years ago.

I've been in 2,000+ crowds watching The Star years ago. The idea of Rushden and Diamonds probably seemed stupid 30 years ago.

When was that btw?

I remember them getting to the first round of the FA Cup a few years ago (a good few years ago now come to think of it). A couple of the Daisy Hill lads my Dad used to play with were in the team back then.

When was that btw?

I remember them getting to the first round of the FA Cup a few years ago (a good few years ago now come to think of it). A couple of the Daisy Hill lads my Dad used to play with were in the team back then.

About 88-90 seen well over 1,000 just for Northern League games, with Blyth and Billingham who were class then. Seen double them in games against the likes of Stafford Rangers. Mid 90s to 2004, the Star were a joke. Prior to that they were a good club had a manager called Colin Richardson who was on 500 quid a week then, Ian Crumplin up front, Dave Farrey, Kevin Todd etc they had loads of ex league players.