Newcastle United 2-2 Wigan Athletic

MattM4

Harder to criticise when he scores what should have been the winner, but is there ANYONE out there that still rates Martins?

Depressing to think that with 11 on the pitch they would have walked that.

Yes?

if we didn't give away stupid fucking goals Martins scoring would get us points

he's a striker who is scoring... what more do you want... and he apparently put a great ball through for owen to miss from point blank range

Ant the lad's touch is a fucking disgrace and he has a brain the size of a pea. It was a cross that he put in for owen when he finally came to life. Prior to that he was as bad was against fulham. He is very clearly not good enough. Shola is another striker who's scoring if we're using that line of thinking.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harder to criticise when he scores what should have been the winner, but is there ANYONE out there that still rates Martins?

Yes?

he's a striker who is scoring... what more do you want... and he apparently put a great ball through for owen to miss from point blank range

Ant the lad's touch is a fucking disgrace and he has a brain the size of a pea. It was a cross that he put in for owen when he finally came to life. Prior to that he was as bad was against fulham. He is very clearly not good enough. Shola is another striker who's scoring if we're using that line of thinking.

I can't disagree, I've been a big fan of Martins in the past but he is not consistant enough, he is a scorer of great goals, rather than a great goal scorer, and right now we need the latter.

Yes?

Its martins turn now is it? Fuck off man there was worse out there today...

Martins is unreliable yes, wasteful at times yes but whats his record this season? hmmmm

I understand he is frustrating but he is also brilliant, we need a manager who instead of putting his arm around a guy with no ability at all (JFK and Strola) to put his arm round a guy who has talent in abunance.

I just dont know what some of you expect?

don't be fucking daft man comparing him to shola

martins since he joined

first season: 46apps 17goals

second season 33apps 10goals

this season 8apps 5goals

the lads has been doing alright for being in a new league new country to begin with then adding in rotating managers and players around him since he arrived.

now he's scored 5 in 8 and is getting stick for his passing and touch

his jobs to put the fucking thing in the net and he's doing it

and if it wasn't for our lack of midfield and giving away stupid goals they'd have mattered a lot more... like today

(shola's been at the club since 2000 btw and martins has already scored more goals than him ffs)

Ant i agree with your defence of martins but he hasnt scored more than shola mate...just saying

Geordie Tit. I'm on my phone on the way home from the game. When I get home I'll provide you a list of what I expect from a professional footballer and then we'll have a look at how much of it martins has got in his game. Fucking numb as cocaine, some of you.

GEMMIL dont take that tone with me fella, or if you'd like we could arrange for me to burst that miserable fuckin mug of yours?

Fuckin prick!

Numb as cocaine eh...your as happy as manic depressive on ket you smiley sad fuck!

Martins is a quality player on his day and LIKE I SAID he is inconsistent but still quality. He needs to learn and improve i agree but the stick he gets off you inparticular is shocking?

You Bob moncur in disguise? If so FUCK OFF cock face

You've done well to piss me off now like

What's the obsession with Martins btw? Because he does a couple of flips and has scored some canny goals? He's utterly hopeless at everything he's supposed to be. He's supposed to be this striker who terrorises defences and gets in behind them with his pace, except he's utterly shit at that because he hasn't got the footballing brain he needs to read the game well enough. He's like the world's shittest Terry Henry.

What's the obsession with Martins btw? Because he does a couple of flips and has scored some canny goals? He's utterly hopeless at everything he's supposed to be. He's supposed to be this striker who terrorises defences and gets in behind them with his pace, except he's utterly shit at that because he hasn't got the footballing brain he needs to read the game well enough. He's like the world's shittest Terry Henry.

Are you and Gemmil lovers?

Geordie Tit. I'm on my phone on the way home from the game. When I get home I'll provide you a list of what I expect from a professional footballer and then we'll have a look at how much of it martins has got in his game. Fucking numb as cocaine, some of you.

:lol:

Are you and Gemmil lovers?

That's argument is about as mature as your "there was worse out there today" argument is relevant to the matter at hand.

GEMMIL dont take that tone with me fella, or if you'd like we could arrange for me to burst that miserable fuckin mug of yours?

Fuckin prick!

Numb as cocaine eh...your as happy as manic depressive on ket you smiley sad fuck!

Martins is a quality player on his day and LIKE I SAID he is inconsistent but still quality. He needs to learn and improve i agree but the stick he gets off you inparticular is shocking?

You Bob moncur in disguise? If so FUCK OFF cock face

You've done well to piss me off now like

:lol: Fuck me I missed this. You might even be thicker than Martins.

yeah lets all complain about martins

the striker scoring goals and giving us a chance of getting points

Sure it's not like we have anything better to complain about, like the defense and midfield giving away goals and penalties and not chipping in with any to make up for it.

So until the midfield and defence are firing on all cylinders, we should postpone the "Is Martins good enough?" conversation?

Just got back in from the game. Not felt this pissed off after a game in ages. Cant be arsed to go into the why's and wherefore's but anyone who was at the game knows what Im thinking.

I will add though, if I crash into the back of someone I want to be insured by Collingwood. Damian fucking duff MotM?

Whole fucking lot was a disgrace. Only players who can hold their head up after that are Jonas and Bassong.

Just got back in from the game. Not felt this pissed off after a game in ages. Cant be arsed to go into the why's and wherefore's but anyone who was at the game knows what Im thinking.

I will add though, if I crash into the back of someone I want to be insured by Collingwood. Damian fucking duff MotM?

Whole fucking lot was a disgrace. Only players who can hold their head up after that are Jonas and Bassong.

I thought Guttierez had a mare tbh JawD. Couldn't understand the booing when he went off.

I thought Guttierez had a mare tbh JawD. Couldn't understand the booing when he went off.

You reckon? I thought he was the only bit of creativity we had but had no support from the centre. First half at least, he faded in the second. I could understand him going off, reckon his legs had gone, but first 60 or so he gave some encouragement. My biggest issue was with Butt/Barton/Guthrie.

You reckon? I thought he was the only bit of creativity we had but had no support from the centre. First half at least, he faded in the second. I could understand him going off, reckon his legs had gone, but first 60 or so he gave some encouragement. My biggest issue was with Butt/Barton/Guthrie.

Aye we are a shambles in the middle of the park, definitely. It's hard to see how we get out of this, cos I've said this before, but ALL you need to do to come to SJP and get a result is be organised. You can rely on us fucking it up if you just keep your shape. There are loads of organised teams in the Premiership who are pretty crap, but are well-drilled and can come to SJP and take the points. And I'm talking about teams that we THINK we're better than (because we should be). I'm pretty worried.

He was poor but a mare? I think that accolade goes to Enrique tbh.

JawD i agree with you i thought jonas worked hard but it was a shame there was no production, and bassong was solid in defence.

Gemmil, why are you so critical of martins though? He is scoring goals isnt he?

Dont you think that if there was more coming from midfield he would score even more goals?

Edited by Geordie Lad...

JawD i agree with you i thought jonas worked hard but it was a shame there was no production, and bassong was solid in defence.

Dont you think that if there was more coming from midfield he would score even more goals?

touché

I'm critical of him because there is so much missing from his game. He has no first touch. And people say "oh so and so's got no first touch", but I am staggered at times by how poorly he can control a ball that's played into his feet. His passing is poor, and this much-vaunted pace is nowhere near the asset that it should be because he's so slow in his head. I mean the concept of anticipating something happening is just totally alien to him. He waits. Watches where the ball goes. Then reacts. By which time his pace is being used to close the ground on the defender rather than streak away from him.

Look, I love it when Martins scores goals. I was pleased for him today. All the celebrating was right down in front of where I sit and you can see he was fucking loving it. But I'm not daft enough to be blind to his faults because he wellies the ball in the net every now and again. Would he score more goals if the midfield played better? Probably. Would he score more goals if he was a bit better in some of the areas I've highlighted above? Undoubtedly. And we'd be a better team for it.

I'm well aware that Martins isn't the only problem we have, but he's one of them.

touché

I'm critical of him because there is so much missing from his game. He has no first touch. And people say "oh so and so's got no first touch", but I am staggered at times by how poorly he can control a ball that's played into his feet. His passing is poor, and this much-vaunted pace is nowhere near the asset that it should be because he's so slow in his head. I mean the concept of anticipating something happening is just totally alien to him. He waits. Watches where the ball goes. Then reacts. By which time his pace is being used to close the ground on the defender rather than streak away from him.

Look, I love it when Martins scores goals. I was pleased for him today. All the celebrating was right down in front of where I sit and you can see he was fucking loving it. But I'm not daft enough to be blind to his faults because he wellies the ball in the net every now and again. Would he score more goals if the midfield played better? Probably. Would he score more goals if he was a bit better in some of the areas I've highlighted above? Undoubtedly. And we'd be a better team for it.

I'm well aware that Martins isn't the only problem we have, but he's one of them.

A good example is the sitter he missed early on with a strange kind of manufactured toe poke (for power) when all he had to do was pick a side.

martins has 5 goals in 8 appearances

sorry thats pretty good form for most strikers let alone one in a team like ours ...

and @ the last reply

yes you should be more concerned with other areas, even though you rate martins poorly,. think he's gash and want to criticize him

he's scoring and were not getting points so clearly we've got bigger fcking problems elsewhere

when were futher up the table keeping clean sheets and playing well, fair enough tear into martins all you want, but for the minute he's a striker whose putting the ball into the net even though the rest of the team is seemingly in bits.

Ant, I'm not stupid enough to think that I can't criticise one player, because another player is also playing poorly.

touché

Look i understand your logic gemmil and in part i agree, but oba is not one of our problems, he would be if he was not scoring. Yes his 1st touch is poor at times, iv never denied that but it isnt poor on the whole, id say 75% of the time his touch and passing is spot on.

And as you say undoubtedly he would be a bettr player if his movement was sharper but lets face it mate who can blame him for not knowing where the balls going? We arent exactly predictable in our play, we have no style or rhythm so id imagine even the likes of henry would struggle for movement when you cant predict where the ball is going.

I just think that if we had some consistency from out midfield and a set style of play then we would see more from him in terms of movement. Yes you can argue owen's movement is of a good standard in a poor side but he really is an exception to the rule.

And i must apologise for my outbust before fella im drunk, pissed off and frustrated and your little slur didnt help things.